to when celebrated her birthday with the help2read learners at Diepsloot primary 4. We hope you had a most wonderful birthday Nicolette.
Help2read seeks to appoint a Business Development Manager preferably to be based in either Gauteng or the Western Cape. This position requires a home-based office as help2read no longer operates from business premises.
The primary purpose of the role is Business Development:
• Research and prospect new Trusts, corporate partners and/or donors and propose / implement new initiatives that increase and diversify income opportunities so as to ensure a robust pipeline of funding for Programmes over the next 5 years;
• The minimum target to be raised in 2022 is R1 033 000; R5 461 000 in 2023 and R6 782 000 in 2024.
• Build relationships with the decision makers within potential donor organisations, private sector companies and strategic partners whose objectives can be aligned to facilitate and leverage help2read’s plans;
• Contribute towards the development of systems and procedures to enable the effective ex*****on of new business development and the timeous stewarding and reporting on the allocation, use and impact of finance committed;
• Research, operationalise and maintain the relationship with State Departments who provide stipends for Youth. This includes taking the lead with the Year Beyond (YEBO) Programme. Manage the process within help2read as well as with the State Departments;
• Compile narrative reports as per the timelines in grant agreements with existing grantmakers.
• Lead the strategic positioning and communication of help2read and its purpose so as to raise its profile as both a thought and practice leader active in promoting literacy skills development and a love of reading amongst South Africa’s primary school children;
• In cooperation with the CEO finalise the content of the help2read Annual Review;
• Play a lead role in planning and implementing an integrated communications strategy and lead on implementing the strategy for, and delivery of, a press and media relations programme and coverage;
• Collate all stories, activity ideas, reading tips, thought pieces and blog posts, including photos, etc. for a monthly newsletter and weekly Instagram, Twitter and Facebook posts;
• Develop relationships with potential media and publishing partners in print, radio, television etc. and online media and to regularly provide them with news stories, editorial articles, blog posts and/or public service announcement / campaign adverts or calls to action for any excess publication space. Engage potential other partners and establishing relationships to provide for gifts-in-kind and (e.g. removal firms for inter-city book transfers; car rental companies or sales companies for sponsored cards; media / printing / retailers who could support reading clubs etc.);
• Create marketing campaigns, conduct media research and surveys amongst beneficiaries and others to engage / improve / expand relationships, contribute to, social media content and conduct media research on potential partners, places for free advert placements etc. ;
• Regularly understand the programmes performance and needs for volunteers or school participants in any communities and to put calls out through your media connections to raise awareness and recruit supporters;
• Create / support / lead / manage the various efforts to raise support / funding online through crowd / campaign / event fundraising by regularly updating information, news articles and “packaged” requests to engage individual donors and/or sponsors of events such as the London Marathon and Two Oceans;
• Create, maintain, grow and manage an individual supporter base of people who give monthly / annually each year through individual channels and to make sure they are connected with and feel appreciated each year – through acknowledgement in stories, in small gifts etc. each yea
• Relevant tertiary qualification (Marketing, Business Development, Education or equivalent)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in any of the above fields
• A valid drivers licence
• Experience working in NGOs (specifically education) and/or government would be an advantage
• Computer literacy MS Office suite
• Excellent competence in English
• Core values: integrity; professionalism; respect for diversity and an avid reader.
Employment type: Full time, 1 year contract; renewable based on progress and performance; remuneration is negotiable within the salary scale which is available from [email protected]; commencement date is 1 March 2022 or earlier if available.
Interested applicants should email [email protected]
• A letter of motivation, clearly stating “Business Development Manager”
• Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Closing date: Friday, 21 January 2022
Should you not have heard from help2read by 28 February, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
IKhaya le themba Project Call 2 Care help2read
Read more here: https://bit.ly/31pN9AK
Nomad Domain is a brand that radiates simplicity, comfort and style.
We believe that all our children have the capacity to do amazing things in their lives. When a child's imagination is unlocked, there are so many opportunities and possibilities, and what better way to achieve this than through supporting grass roots literacy programs. That is why we have chosen the help2read foundation as one of our beneficiaries of our social responsibility initiatives.
Find out more by visiting http://www.nomaddomain.co.za or http://www.help2read.org
A huge thank you to the panel of wonderful judges.
Thank you to everyone who supported me on this journey Sarah-Kate
The Rare Bear Project help2read Women4Women Burnshield Emergency Burn Care Fire Ops SA
Barreto bridalwear designer XOXO Hair Studio Speakeasy Bar & Tapas Fiat Fiat Jeep Moosa's Fabrics
A huge thank you to all the Mrs SA official sponsors
Hirsch's Homestore Margaret Hirsch UAN Brentoni Eyewear NativeChild - Hair & Body Care Products Skin Renewal Lamelle Research Laboratories Calléndra CollagenLift Mrs Universe South Africa Fenn Collection Emperors Palace PKF BTL Aesthetics South Africa Ink By Lulu • Micropigmentation / Permanent Makeup The Impact Hub
Jenni Gault International Jewellery Design
Photographer Brendan Croft
Last and certainly not least a thank you to my supportive family and friends ! I love you so so much.
Hush Puppies South Africa SHOUT MAL Foundation H2o Nero Water Solutions help2read Marion Wagner
We believe the right to education is fundamental and that everyone should have access to books, and learn to read. For a full breakdown of help2read's ongoing work and commitment to improving lives through literacy, have a read of this report: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/help2read_help2read-annual-review-activity-6774611507528404992-eXOC
Your support during March has been amazing!
We’re glad to have launched new collections, features and products online. 🎉
We also reached our fundraising goal for help2read and donated R5000 thanks to your help! 😇
Our first 2021 Charity Fundraising project goal was reached! 🎊
We raised R5000 for help2read during our Charity Sales in early 2021!
Thank you to everyone for your support, spreading the word and every kind message.
Tap into your Magnificent Energy!
Your powerful ME!
Music and 💃 shifts my mopping to moving in the direction of what I want more of!
Zoom workshops don’t have to be boring!
Note to self: Check where your husband is when you workshop or he will secretly film your dance moves. You should have seen the help2read team move!
Help2read is a registered non-profit organisation working through a volunteer workforce in primary s
Help2read is a registered non-profit organisation working through a volunteer workforce in primary schools in South Africa
Operating as usual
Simondium Primary High Tea!
Diepsloot primary 4 LTs and Learners had a fantastic time honoring National Book Week and International Literacy Day. The team held a successful reading competition. Learners actively participated, competed against one another, and won fantastic prizes.
"📚 Embrace the power of words on International Literacy Day! 🌍📖 Join us in celebrating Lupita Nyong'o, whose book 'Sulwe' lights the path towards a brighter future. 🌟✨ This year's theme is all about promoting literacy for a world in transition, building foundations for sustainable and peaceful societies, and 'Sulwe' beautifully embodies these ideals. 📚✨ "
"Shudu Finds Her Magic" by is a captivating journey of self-discovery and empowerment. Let's inspire young minds together during National Reading Week! 📚💫
In celebration of national reading week the team at Ronwe came together to reward their learners with spot prizes, they had competitions where learners were rewarded for the most creative book, seeing who could identify the most sight words and even had a volunteer to come in and read for the learners.
Celebrities 4 literacy this National Reading Week. Today we explore the wonders of the universe with "Shoma and the Stars" by the multi-talented . This imaginative children's book is a perfect choice for little dreamers and stargazers. 🌠📖
Celebrating National Reading Week by diving into the magical world of storytelling! 📖🌟 Let's take a moment to appreciate South African celebrities who've shared their creativity through children's books. Today we shine the spotlight on Salamina Mosese for her incredible children's book, "Disaster at Gogo's Spaza." It's a heart-touching story of bravery and togetherness that kids and parents alike will cherish. 🌈📖
📚🐰 This , we dive into the world of financial literacy with 's book "Coco the Money Bunny" from . 🇿🇦📖 Tailored for kids aged 6-13, this South African gem teaches money concepts: earning, spending, saving, investing, and giving. 💰🌟 Start the money journey early!
OVER Four hundred schools and counting - that's the power of education in action! 🎉📚✨ We continue to break barriers, inspire young minds, and unlock the endless possibilities of literacy, one school at a time.
"Empowering educators and parents to lift our little learners higher! 🌟✨ The feedback from one of our Parent and Teacher workshop was incredibly encouraging and we couldn't be prouder. Together, we're transforming education, one inspired teacher and engaged parent at a time. Join us on this exciting journey! 💪👩🏫🏠 "
🌟 Empowering The Youth, Igniting Minds! 📚✨ We are proud to have conducted our Literacy Tutor training in Gauteng, where passionate individuals came together to learn how to make a lasting impact in young lives through the power of reading.
Every word we teach unlocks a world of possibilities for children in need. Thank you to all our dedicated tutors who are now continuing the journey of shaping brighter futures! 🌈📖
"Empowering communities, one literacy tutor at a time! Our comprehensive training equips our Literacy Tutors with the skills and tools they need to make a difference in children's lives. Join us in our mission to break the cycle of illiteracy and unlock a world of opportunities through education. "
The fun continues at our Holiday Clubs. It's wonderful to see our learner's being active and having such a great time. Well Done Literacy Tutors👍😁
Say it with me 'It's Holiday Club Time'. The most fun you can have while learning 🤓
Here is a chance for you to read Tamsin Metelerkamp's piece from YOUTH DAY 2023, "Nonprofit help2read steps in help save a "lost generation," if you haven't already. https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2023-06-13-nonprofit-help2read-steps-in-to-help-save-a-lost-generation/
Tamsin describes how the youth are at the centre of our strategy for addressing South Africa's reading crisis.
help2read had the opportunity to celebrate Youth Day at Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC). It was a fun day filled with learning about different organisations' opportunities and telling them about help2read.
Happy Youth Day to all the youth. Continue pursuing what sets your soul on fire.
In front of their peers, learners attending help2read's literacy development sessions at Diepsloot Primary proudly demonstrated their reading skills. The learners have developed their confidence with the support of their LTs. 🤩
We take this opportunity to honour and appreciate the Programme Team from Johannesburg and Cape Town for their hard work and dedication in the field, 5 days a week, despite the cold and wet weather in Cape Town and sometimes difficult working conditions in Johannesburg. Despite these challenges, the teams and their leaders have continued to work with learners who rely on them daily, organizing 1-1 reading sessions, attending school events, ECD centres in the surrounding areas, local libraries and special events. They have been preparing and planning, and have built and developed skills to work together to improve their work ethic. These are the literacy champions and learner support heroes/heroines we celebrate today, for their never give up attitude and commitment since February of this year. We are grateful for their selflessness and kind hearts. Thank you!
The wheel turns because of you!
Diepsloot recently received a visit from to learn more about the work that help2read does to promote literacy 4 all learners in Diepsloot.
Today we CELEBRATE YOU! our online supporters. Thank you for supporting the work we do. Keep spreading the word.
The key to boosting your reading skills is to read as much as you can. As with any activity, the more you practice, the better you will become. With our Literacy Tutors, our learners gain valuable one-on-one guidance. Each session includes the right materials and positive reinforcement to aid the understanding of concepts. The outcome is improved reading ability and a newfound love for reading.
We enjoyed participating in DJ Xtremme’s Good Deeds on . The program showcases South African citizens and organizations' incredible efforts to make the world a better place. Thank you for giving help2read a chance to talk about the South African literacy crisis and how Help2Read is tackling it.
help2read had the pleasure of facilitating a training workshop in KZN. The training covered the benefits of reading and holiday clubs and how to conduct them. A few ways that the training workshop at Khula Education could benefit the organization: Increased awareness: Through the training, Khula Education staff can better understand the benefits of reading and holiday clubs, which can help them communicate these benefits to parents and caregivers in the community.
Improved program delivery: With the knowledge and skills gained from the workshop, Khula Education staff can improve the quality and effectiveness of their reading and holiday clubs, leading to better outcomes for the children who participate.
Enhanced engagement: By providing staff with the tools and resources needed to conduct successful reading and holiday clubs, Khula Education can increase engagement among children and their families, fostering a love of learning and a sense of community.
Overall, it's clear that the help2read training workshop will have a positive impact on Khula Education and the community it serves. Congratulations on a successful event, and thanks to Patricia and Lethabile for their hard work and dedication!
Poor to worst. South Africa had one of the worst reading with meaning results in the PIRLS (Progress in International Reading Literacy Study) 2021 rankings. According to the evaluation of Grade 4 students, 81% of them cannot read comprehension-level texts. In order to learn where we are going wrong, what initiatives has in place to address the literacy crisis and how you can help, spoke with our CEO Lynn Cumpsty-Styen. Visit this link to listen: https://buff.ly/42QWuMz
Help2Read volunteers participating in a women’s information skills empowerment program at the Strandfontein Public library. The program is a an initiative of the department of library and information science services. The Help2Read volunteers will be learning skills such as basic computer, literacy courses for mom and grand moms, how to write a CV amongst others.
The ladies each received reading books to take home. Sithi halala kubo🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
help2read showed up and showed off. Some ran the 10k and others walked it but fun was had all around. Well Done!
3 days to go until the Cape Town. We are so excited to be taking part this year.
See you at the finish line.
Encouraging Literacy at home. The Literacy Tutors facilitated a parents workshop at Diepsloot primary. The workshop provided practical and fun activities that parents can implement at home to help with liteacy developments aspects such as mastering letter recognition and understanding phonics, A total of 268 parents attended.
Click here to claim your Sponsored Listing.
Videos (show all)
Contact the school
Unit B13, Century Square, Heron Crescent
Hydro Park, Hydro Street, Stikland
Cape Town, 7537
ProjectManagement.co.za provides contextual training in Project Management. Contextual training mean
Zonnebloem College Estate, Cambridge Street, Zonnebloem
Cape Town, 7925
Shine Literacy is a non-profit organisation that seeks to create a culture of reading in South Africa
358 Victoria Road
Cape Town, 7925
We improve lives through better education.
Central Library, Cnr Parade And Darling Streets
Cape Town, 8001
If you want to speak better or lead better, you’re at the right place!
19 Kawana Cresent, Sunningdale
Cape Town, 7441
Moodle Installation, Custom Development and Content Development
4 Loop Street
Cape Town, 8000
Creating an environment where Quality Health Care and Education is available to all South Africans!
17 Dock Road
Cape Town, 7925
Heavy Chef is a community-driven organisation for 'people that do.'
Cape Town, 7441
R.A.S.S is a movement for all those that choose to share knowledge without holding back or fear.we a
3rd Floor, Deneb House, 368 Main Road
Cape Town, 7925
CA Connect with Milpark Education provides the FIRST & ONLY FULLY ONLINE SAICA-accredited path to CA
IkamvaHouse 47 Westminster Road
Cape Town, 7925
A by-youth for-youth NPO, enabling disadvantaged youth to pull themselves & each other out of poverty
Wynberg Boys' High & Junior Schools
Cape Town, 7800
Celebrating the rich heritage of Cricket at the Wynberg Boys' Schools
24 Higgins Street Highbury Kuils River
Cape Town, 7580
We provide remediation and support in Reading and Maths to Foundation Phase learners.