A public School within the Steenberg community Principle : Mr M.A.Samodien
Vice Principle: Mr W. Kannemeyer
Student Population = 850
School Profile can be viewed at: http://wcedemis.wcape.gov.za/wced/findaschool.html
Operating as usual
A letter will be issued to learners tomorrow, 17 February 2022. Please note the following:
1. All learners must attend school every day.
2. The interschool athletics will take place tomorrow, 17 February 2022. Only athletes can attend. Learners will be dismissed at 12.30.
3. Gr 12 learners are organising a Valentines Day programme for Friday, 18 February 2022. Learners must bring books for 3 periods. The programme will run from 10.30 to 12.00. Learners must be dressed in their school uniform.
RETURN OF ALL LEARNERS
To allow all Sibelius High learners to return, we need 4 additional teachers. We accepted an extra class of Gr 8 learners for which the WCED promised 2 teachers. Our learner totals increased from 850 to 970.
We have applied to the WCED for more teachers and await their response.
Alternate day attendence will continue:
On Monday, 7 February grades 8, 11 and 12 learners must attend.
On Tuesday, 8 February grades 9, 10 and 12 learners must attend.
We will inform parents when all learners can return.
Following are the dates and times for our Parent-Educator meetings:
1. Thursday, 27 January 2022:
Grade 12 : 17.00 to 18:00
Grade 9: 18.00 to 19:00.
2. Monday, 31 January 2022:
Grade 8 : 17:00 to 18:00.
3. Tuesday, 1 February 2022:
Grades 10 and 11 : 17:00 to 18:00.
The grade 12 NSC results will be released to learners tomorrow, 21 January 2022 at 11.00
Grade 12 learners will be screened at 10.45 at the school gate and must assemble in front of the school hall.
Grades 9 and 10 learners will be dismissed at 11.00.
Following are the arrangements for the return of learners next week.
1. Tuesday, 18 January 2022:
Grade 11 & 12 registration at 9:00.
Grade 9 & 10 registration at 11:00.
Learners must be dressed in school uniform.
2. Wednesday, 19 January 2022:
Grades 8, 10 and 12 to attend from 08:00 to 13:00.
3. Thursday, 20 January 2022:
Grades 8, 11 and 12 to attend from 08:00 to 13:00.
4. Friday, 21 January 2022:
Grades 9, 10 and 12 to attend from 08:00 to 11:45.
The Sibelius High Staff and SGB wish the Sibelius High community a fabulous 2022.
We are grateful for the mercies of 2021.
May 2022 be the year of great joy, prosperity, peace, endurance, good and improved health, wealth and love.🙏🙏❤️❤️
The Principal, staff and SGB wishes the Sibelius High Community that celebrates Christmas a blessed and joyous day with family and friends. Please keep yourself and your family safe.
We will be handing out reports to parents/guardians on Monday, 13 December 2021.
All reports will be issued regardless of school fee status.
We do request that parents with oustanding school fees complete the exemption application process. Please bring the following documents along:
1. Copy of parent's ID
2. Copy of child's ID
3. Affidavit from police
We will make copies and certify documents at school.
Report collection times due to COVID social distancing:
Gr 11 : 9.00 - 9.30
Gr 10 : 9.30 - 10.00
Gr 9. : 10.00 - 10.30
Gr 8. : 10.30 - 11.00
Gr 8 to 11 : 12.00 - 18.00
Sibelius High Team
Our Spring School for Matriculants is currently underway.
Two sessions are conducted daily.
Session 1 = 8.30 - 10.00
Session 2 = 10.30 - 12.00
Our program for today:
Session 1 = English P1
Session 2 = English P2
Session 1 = Math Lit
Session 2 = Business Studies
Session 2 = Life Sciences
Session 1 = Consumer Studies
Session 2 = Afrikaans
Mathematics = 9.00 - 12.00 every day
Following are for your attention and have been given to learners:
1. All second term reports.
2. A letter to parents dated Thursday, 26 August 2021.
3. School fee statement. Please check and report discrepancies to the bursar.
4. Fundraiser collecting card due on Friday, 1 October 2021.
5. Parent Educator meeting for grades 9, 10 and 12 will take place on Tuesday, 31 August for learners at risk only.
6. Parent Educator meetings for grades 8 and 11 will take place on Tuesday, 7 September 2021 for learners at risk only.
7. An intervention form will be issued to learners that identify the subjects at risk. Parents must only see these educators between 15.30 and 17.30 on the relevant day.
8. At lockdown level 3, parents are reminded to ensure that learners observe the necessary protocols including the wearing of the mask.
Sibelius High School in Retreat has the following vacancies for suitably qualified educators available:
1. GET Creative Arts and FET Consumer Studies from 2 August to 31 December 2021.
2. Mathematical Literacy from 2 August 2021 to 19 August 2021.
Both posts are WCED posts.
Please submit a comprehensive CV with qualifications, SACE details with two references to the principal at [email protected].
The Closing date for applications is Monday, 2 August 2021 at 12:00.
Please find the new Controlled Test Timetable for term 2 2021.
Following is the programme for the return of learners in the third term:
1. Monday, 26 July 2021.
Grades 8 A, B, C, D, grade 11 & 12 return for a normal school day.
2. Tuesday, 27 July 2021.
Grade 8 E, F, G, H, grade 11 and 12 return for a normal school day.
3. Wednesday to Friday (28 to 30 July).
Controlled tests for grades 10, 11 and 12.
4. Monday to Thursday (2 to 5 August).
Controlled tests for grades 8 and 9.
Normal classes for grade 12.
5. Friday, 6 August 2021.
Normal classes for Grades 9 A,B,C,D, grade 10 and 12.
6. A new Controlled Test timetable will be issued by Friday, 23 July 2021.
7. The programme for the rest of the term will be released after the WCED has clarified the position of educators with comorbidities.
8. At lockdown level 4, parents are reminded to ensure that learners observe the necessary protocols including the wearing of the mask covering the mouth and nose. There will be no tuckshop during this time.
The President announced a move to lockdown level 4.
This announcement has the following implications:
1. Grade 8 & 11 learners wrote their controlled tests today (28:06:2021).
2. Grade 9 & 10 learners will write their controlled test tomorrow, Tuesday 29 June.
3. Staff will be going for the vaccination on Wednesday, 30 June. There is no school for learners on this day.
4. The last day for learners (grades 9, 10 and 12) will be Tuesday, 29 June.
5. The rest of the controlled tests will be postponed until learners return to school in the third term.
6. We will inform parents/guardians via our page when schools will reopen.
Please be informed that the process for the appointment of the teacher assistants has been concluded.
We received 106 applications and held interviews on Monday 14 June 2021 with shortlisted candidates.
The 4 successful candidates have been informed on the 17 June 2021 and will commence on the 18 June 2021.
Sibelius High interview committee
Sibelius High School, through the WCED, is offering 4 Educator Assistants positions. See information below.
Kindly contact the school for further details.
THE PROVINCIAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT OFFERS CONTRACT EDUCATION ASSISTANT POSITIONS TO UNEMPLOYED YOUTH (UP TO 35 YEARS).
Sibelius High School is offering temporary Educator Assistant positions to the unemployed youth of the Province, up to the age of 35 years old to start immediately until we return to alert level 1
The Western Cape Education Department is initiating a drive to create employment for the unemployed youth who have an interest in education and the community in which they reside.
Among other things, Education Assistants will be required to prepare the classroom for teaching and learning and ensure that teaching materials are available and ready for use. Hand out workbooks/ textbooks to learners. Preparing mark sheets, keeping of records, capturing of marks. Distribute question papers, worksheets, classwork books, marked scripts to learners. Assist the teacher with photocopying of question papers, work sheets etc. Support the teacher to manage behaviour in the classroom. Help learners with their educational and social development; maintain a safe, secure and clean classroom environment; oversee learners out of the classroom and during lunch breaks; supervise group activities of learners and carry out administrative tasks as required by the school.
Candidates must be qualified unemployed graduates (NQF6/7 or higher) or have an NQF level 4 (Matric) qualification.
Good organisational skills; flexibility and creativity; basic IT skills; enjoy working with children and young adults; patience, confidence and a compassionate attitude; good literacy and numeracy skills; ability to manage groups of learners and deal with challenging behaviour and ability to communicate in English and one other official language.
Applicants may not be studying currently, employed or in training.
The stipend paid to assistants will be R3 500 per month before the deduction of 1% for UIF (R35).
The closing date is 11 June 2021 and it is envisaged that the successful candidates will begin at schools on 14 June 2021.
CV’s to be dropped off at Sibelius High School admin block, during school hours.
A reminder of the meetings taking place this week:
Today, 25 May from 17:00 to 18:00
Tomorrow, 26 May 15:30 to 18:00.
Grade 12 reports will be handed out at the meeting.
Grade 12 Parents/Guardians
The meeting scheduled for Tuesday, 18 May 2021 was intended to the grade 12 learner results with parents.
Unfortunately, the late arrival of the grade 12 marksheets did not allow for enough time to complete the reports.
The grade 12 meeting with parents will therefore be postponed until:
Date: Wednesday, 26 May 2021
Time: 15h.30 to 18.00
We apologise for the short notice.
Yours in education
Good afternoon Parents/Guardians
Just a reminder that the second term will start on Monday, 3 May 2021.
The alternating weekly program will again be followed as in the first term.
Monday, 3 May 2021
Grades 8, 11 and 12 must return.
Monday, 10 May 2021
Grades 9, 10 and 12 must return.
Sibelius High School in Retreat has a vacancy for a suitably qualified educator, to teach grade 8 Natural Sciences and grade 10 Life Sciences from 1 May 2021 to 31 December 2021. This is a WCED post.
Please submit a comprehensive CV with qualifications, SACE details with two references to the principal at [email protected].
The Closing date for applications is Friday, 23 April 2021 at 12:00.
We wish our Muslim colleagues, learners and their families a blessed Month of Ramadan.
The Controlled Test week will start on Friday, 9 April 2021.
Only Grades 8, 11 and 12 learners will be writing on Friday, Monday and Tuesday (9, 12 & 13 April)
Grades 9, 10 and 12 will be writing on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (14, 15 & 16 April).
Learners must report at 8.00 on the day that they write and will be dismissed at 12.30.
Grades 8, 11 & 12 must return for normal classes from 19 to 23 April.
Schools will close for the end of the first term on Friday, 23 April and reopen on Monday, 3 May 2021.
Reports will be issued on Thursday, 8 May 2021 (details to follow).
We wish our Christian colleagues, learners and their families a blessed Easter.
The Controlled Test week will start on Friday, 9 April 2021. The timetable was sent with an official school letter given to learners last week (Grades 9, 10 and 12) and this week (Grades 8 and 11).
The following parents were duly elected to the SGB:
C. Adams, A.Asia, L.Campbell, R.Fortuin, G.Lakay, M.Lakay and P.Ravell.
A reminder that the school fees was set at R1600.00. A payment of R400.00 must be made before the end of the first term, 23 April 2021.
School Fee exemption forms can be collected from Mr Jeke at school.
All grade 8, 11 and 12 learners must report to school on Monday, 15 March 2021.
With reference to the SGB elections, please note the following:
1. Notices about the SGB elections with all relevant dates, were given to learners to hand over to parents.
2. Seven (7) parents must be elected to serve on the SGB.
3. Nomination forms are available at school. Nominations close on Tuesday, 16 March 2021.
4. The Voters Roll is available for verification by parents.
5. A nomination validation meeting will take Wednesday, 17 March 2021.
6. SGB elections will take place on Wednesday, 7 April 2021
With the return to lockdown level 1, our teachers with comorbidities will also return to the classroom. Learners must return to school as follow:
1. grade 12 - every day
2. Grade 11 & 8 - alternate week starting 15 March. All the grade 8 classes must return on the same day.
3. Grade 10 & 9 - alternate week starting 8 March. All grade 9 classes must return on the same day.
4. Dismissal times for Gr 10-12 will be 14.45 Monday to Thursday and 12.10 on Friday.
5. Dismissal times for gr 8 & 9 will be 14.45 Monday to Wednesday, 13.55 on Thursday and 11.30 on Friday.
Our grade 12 2020 results will be released tomorrow. (23 February 2021)
Grade 9,10 and 12 will be dismissed at 12:00 tomorrow (23 February 2021).
The Grade 12 learners of 2020 must line up as per COVID 19 protocol and will be screened at 12:00 when results will be released.
Sibelius High School
Following is the program for the week 15 to 19 February 2021.
1. Grade 12
Normal classes from Monday to Friday. Screening at 8.00
2. Grade 8
Orientation on Monday, 15. All learners to attend. Staggered classes from Tuesday to Friday. Timetable will be given on Monday. Screening at 8.15.
3. Grade 11
Normal classes from Tuesday, 16 February. Timetables were handed out during registration. Screening at 8.00
4. Grades 9 and 10 learners will attend next week, 22 to 26 February 2021.
We are experiencing a problem with the school's telephone line. Kindly use the number 0717789216
SIBELIUS HIGH SCHOOL
We trust that all Sibelius High families are keeping safe and are following all protocols to protect themselves from the COVID 19 pandemic.
Following are the registration and orientation arrangements for the return of learners in 2021.
Registraion and orientation will take place as follow:
Tuesday, 9 February 2021
Gr 12 learners must report at 9:00 and Gr 11 learners at 10:00.
Wednesday, 10 February 2021:
Gr 10 learners must report at 9:00 and Gr 9 learners at 10:00.
Gr 8 registration and orientation will take place on Monday, 15 February 2021.
Parents/Guardians must note the following:
1. Learners must be dressed in their school uniform.
2. A registration fee of R200.00 is requested.
3. The learners will only be placed in classes, if the final report was collected.
4. No learner will be allowed on the premises before the time indicated.
5. No learners will be allowed onto the school premises without a mask.
6. Learners must line up as per teachers instruction.
Social distancing of 1.5 meters must be maintained.
On entering the premises, all learners will be screened for COVID 19.
7. Parents are responsible for transport to and from the school.
8. Learners with comorbidities (asthma,
hypertension ,diabetes, TB etc ) who will not be returning, must arrange a meeting with principal to discuss the completion of the relevant documentation.
9. LEARNERS WHO ARE ILL ( SICK ) MUST STAY AT HOME.
10. The school must only be contacted via email, Facebook and telephonically. Parents are discouraged to come to school personally.
Telephone number: 021 7127606
Email: [email protected]
All rules and regulations will be explained during orientation. This is done to ensure a safe school environment and in line with Covid-19 regulations
We want to wish the Sibelius High family (staff, parents and learners) everything of the best for 2021.
Due to lockdown level 3 regulations, the School Management Team or SMT will be at school from tomorrow, 25 January 2021.
All teachers will be back at school as from Monday, 1 February 2021.
Learners are expected to return on Monday, 15 February 2021. Not all learners will return on this day. Further information about when the different grades must return for registration and orientation from 15 February 2021 will be provided shortly.
Principal : Mr M.A.Samodien
Vice Principal: Mr F Viljoen
Heads of Department: Mr E. Abrahams, Mr W. Kannemeyer, Mrs A. Peters, Mrs P. Schouw
Grade Leaders 2018:
Grade 12: Mrs A Peters
Grade 11: Mrs P Schouw
Grade 10: Mr E Abrahams
Grade 9: Mr W Kannemeyer
Grade 8: Mrs L Adams; Ms N Ranck
Mr Y Adams, Mr G Africa, Mr N Antooley, Mrs B Baartman, Mr E Baartman, Mr R Crosney, Mr B Davids, Mr P De Waal, Mrs Y Fredericks, Mr E Hartman, Ms D Metler, Mr A Redien, Mrs Z Roomaney, Mr B Scheepers, Ms C Sender, Mrs D Solomon, Mrs N Van Nelson
|Monday||07:30 - 15:00|
|Tuesday||07:30 - 15:00|
|Wednesday||07:30 - 15:00|
|Thursday||07:30 - 15:00|
|Friday||07:30 - 15:00|
|Saturday||08:00 - 17:00|
|Sunday||08:00 - 17:00|
Fairmont is a unique school that offers many of the traditions that one associates with a centre of excellence.
Official page for the renowned independent boys school in Rondebosch, Cape Town.
The school is celebrating its 21st year of existince this year. All ex- pupils please check this site to see for upcoming events and join this site.
Camps Bay High School is a caring and collaborative diverse learning community where we develop well rounded, confident and responsible individuals who aspire to, and achieve their full potential through Service, Academics, Sport and Culture.
Rondebosch Boys' High School, Cape Town, South Africa. Rondebosch Boys’ Schools adhere to the POPI Act. Unless by your consent or required by law, we will not share any information (email address, name, and surname) with any third parties
Belangegroep wat die identiteit van ons skool wil behou
Mathematics and Science Focus School Cape Town South Africa