Rehobeth Middle School
Nearby schools & colleges
5525 County Road 203, Dothan
1665 Honeysuckle Road, Dothan
1501 W Selma Street, Dothan
1501 W Selma Street, Dothan
1236 South Oates Street, Dothan
201 Daniel Circle, Dothan
201 Daniel Cir, Dothan
1400 S Brannon Stand Road, Dothan
1400 S Brannon Stand Road, Dothan
1475 Prevatt Road, Dothan
900 W Powell Street, Dothan
1901 Stringer St, Dothan
108 S Hemby Street, Slocomb
663 Houston Street, Cottonwood
Please share this post so everyone will know.
There are many people I would like to recognize and thank...
1. All the teachers and faculty that worked so hard and smart last year. I cannot even begin to tell you how proud and appreciative I am for your dedication and daily diligence. You never cease to amaze me!
2. This years RMS 7th and 8th graders who put in the effort last year that helped earn this “A”.
3. The Rehobeth High School 9th graders that also tested with RMS last year.
4. All the RMS supporting staff (office, custodial , cafeteria, bus drivers, aides, athletics, etc) that helps make RMS successful and a great place to learn.
5. Johnny Dixon and Derrick Morris for laying a solid foundation that we continue to build upon.
6. The HCBOE Central Office staff, Superintendent David Sewell, and the School Board for providing the leadership and support we needed to be successful.
7. Matt Ream for maintaining a safe and orderly learning environment so teachers can teach and students can learn.
8. RMS parents for pushing your students and supporting our efforts.
9. Rehobeth Elementary School for sending us great and prepared students year after year.
10. GOD...because our “blood, sweat, and tears” were often accompanied by our prayers.
This in no way truly describes how thankful I am, nor how excited I am about this accomplishment and the future prospects for our students and our school.
Rehobeth Middle School RMS educates an average enrollment of 500 plus students.
Since our inception in 2002, RMS has developed a tradition of high academic and athletic standards. In academics, RMS supports the National Junior Honor Society (Invitation only) and a Math Club. Athletically, RMS supports Junior Varsity Football, Junior Varsity Basketball, Junior Varsity Baseball, Junior Varsity Volleyball and Junior Varsity Cheerleading. To provide a sociable atmosphere, RMS has an established FCA and BASIC Club, facilitated by RMS Faculty/Staff and students.
Operating as usual
Don’t forget about RMS fall picture day!! These will be the photos that will go into the 2022-2023 RMS yearbook.
It's Back to School time!! Help your kids fully engage in the classroom knowing they have ALL Kids Alabama health insurance. If your kids are already covered, make sure they don't skip a beat when they need to use their insurance. Call ALL Kids Alabama and let us know any updates you may have to your contact information, like a new address or phone number. Customer Service is ready to help, so call us at 1-888-373-5437 and make sure all information is up to date.
Photos from Rehobeth Middle School's post
Order your RMS yearbook by September 30th for 10% off!!!!
Come watch the Rebels play football tonight.
RMS Homecoming Dance
Saturday, October 8
From 6-9 at RMS gym
Attention RMS Parents:
We will need to delay the distribution of progress reports until Friday, September 9, 2022. We have noticed some small-scale issues due to the entry of terms and other grading periods into the system. At this point, the easiest thing to do is delay until Friday. This should enable both our teachers and counselors a little more time. Thank you for understanding.
Order before September 30th and receive 10% off.
Soft Cover price: $31.48 before tax
Hard Cover price: $37.90 before tax
Big win for the Rebels!
Houston Academy 7
Introducing the new game "Hoop Hut". The kids love it!
You can start ordering your RMS yearbook!!! 10% off if you order by September 30.
Middle school baseball tryouts has been cancelled for today. They have moved it to Friday, 3:30-5:30 and Saturday, 9-11.
The PayPams system is up and running.
You may now deposit money in your child's school cafeteria account via PayPams.
Welcome Jeanine Brock! RMS is happy to have you!
Brief bio :
Hello ! I am Jeanine Brock. I am so excited to be teaching 6th grade at Rehobeth Middle School this year ! I taught for 5 years in Florida and have been teaching at Dothan City Schools for 3 years . I have three children . I am a native of Graceville Florida, so I basically grew up in the Wiregrass . I am looking forward to being apart of RMS this school year .
Welcome Jay Thompson!! RMS is happy to have you!
My name is James Thompson and this is my nineteenth year as a teacher and coach. I graduated from Lincoln County High School in Tennessee and played football at the University of TN at Chattanooga. In my years I have had the opportunity to coach football, basketball, and wrestling, while teaching PE, Health, and Driver Education. My wife’s name is Jennifer and we have two children, Monroe (6) and Shepard (3). We enjoy riding bikes, and our golf cart, swimming and “playing” anything we can! I’m excited about the upcoming year and already proud to be a Rebel!
Football Parent Meeting Only
Jr High (7-8 grade)
Tuesday August 2nd
After practice (630)
To be held in home side bleachers (closest to fieldhouse)
Jr High Pictures Wednesday 5pm
(Player pick up at 6pm)
2022-2023 school calendar
Houston County Schools' Calendar for 2022-2023 School Year
Please make note of the following items in the event that you have questions from parents:
1. Parents/Guardians should only complete ONE application per HOUSEHOLD, not one per student. It does not matter if their children attend different schools in our district which includes Houston County Virtual Academy. Again, one application per household and includes all schools.
*Note: Mass applications do not help your Title I funding numbers. ONLY applications that have been processed and resulted in a free or reduced status count towards Title I numbers.
2. EVERY HOUSEHOLD must complete a new application each school year.
Even if they submitted an application this past school year or during the month of June, that eligibility status is only good until September 20, 2022. Yes, a new application will need to be submitted and completed for the remainder of the school year 2022/2023.
4. Please inform parents that application processing can take up to 10 business days. Submission of an application does not pause charges for meals. Parents/Guardians are responsible for payment of meals until the application has been processed.
5. Very important--- Incomplete Applications will not be processed.
Some common errors or items considered incomplete:
1. Last 4 of Social Security Number missing.
2. Signature of person completing the application is missing
3. Not providing the student(s) legal name(s). Example: Legal name - Robert Smith and preferred name is Billy. We need Robert on the application not Billy. We also have issues with legal last names. Our records match what you have in PowerSchool.
4. SNAP (food stamp) case numbers are incorrect. The SNAP numbers will generally begin with 35000 and then the rest of the number (if from Houston County). It would benefit them to enter their income as well as the SNAP case number. We can process the application with either one.
5. Income Frequency Incomplete - If they list the income but do not select the frequency, the application is incomplete.
Please join us in encouraging parents/guardians to review their applications prior to submitting them to make sure that they have completed all of the required fields. Again, they will still be responsible for the meal costs until the applications are processed and an eligibility is determined.
Our online applications will be ready for parent/guardian access this week. I will send another email as soon as the link is available. The processing time is still the same for online applications.
The online application link for Free and Reduced Meal Applications is ready to go on the Houston County Board of Education District website. Parents/Guardians have several ways to access the online application link to begin the application process.
1. Go to Houston County BOE District site
Click Parent Resources
Click Child Nutrition
Click Application for Meals
2. Go to Houston County BOE District site
Click Popular Links
Click Breakfast & Lunch Information
3. Go to Houston County BOE District site - (under) Headlines & Features
Click 2022-2023 Breakfast and Lunch Update
Click Meal Application Link
The Spanish link is not operational at this time. However we do have paper applications that have been provided that are in Spanish.
Welcome to RMS!
My name is Justin Morgan and I am thrilled to be joining the RMS family. I graduated from Central High School in Phenix City, AL and from Troy University with a degree in General Science Education. I am married to Kay-Anne Morgan and we have two children, Mattie-Lee and our soon to be born son Owen. I enjoy going to the beach and the mountains and am a big Marvel, Star Wars, and Disney fan.
Welcome to RMS!!
My name is Kendall Miller, and I am excited to join the faculty at Rehobeth Middle school! I graduated from Troy University in December of 2021 with my bachelor’s degree in English Language Arts Secondary Education. This will be my second year teaching the subject that I thoroughly love. I look forward to teaching the wonderful 6th graders English here at Rehobeth. Go Rebels!
🚨Updated Supply List! Note calculator change. 🚨
*The calculator is the only change. The incorrect type was on the lost. Sorry for any confusion.
2022-2023 RMS supply list
🚨 Update 🚨
Photos from Rehobeth High School Baseball's post
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Houston County Schools will no longer offer breakfast and lunch at no cost beginning in August, unless you qualify. You may pick up an application in the main office on Monday through Thursday.
Photos from Rehobeth Middle School Jr Beta's post
Please update your student’s Immunization Certificates. 💉Summer is a great time to drop these off in the office. ☀️ We are here Mondays - Thursdays. 📚
Student report cards can be picked up in the main office starting Wednesday, June 1st, 2022.
Attention Parents: If your child has any medication in the nurses office please remember to have it picked up before 1:00 pm on Thursday, May 26th. Any medication not picked up will be discarded.
🎵🎶 Come support our concert band Sunday May 22 @ 2:30 @ RMS cafe & Monday May 23 @ 6:30 @ RHS gym! 🥁🎼
We are down to the last few weeks of school so you better put your thinking caps on. We are studying the Nervous System in Mr. Smith's Life Science class. The students started with two pieces to represent the left side of the brain and the right side. The different things that each side does are listed on the correct side and students discovered why some of them are naturally better in Math & Science (left brained) while others are more creative and better in English & History (right brained). The students had a good time and even wore their thinking caps to other classes so they should've had a bunch of good grades today!
Last week, Mrs. Skipper and Mrs. Mullins 7th grade math classes started preparing their students for 8th grade with basic tessellations.Tessellations are made up of an arrangement of shapes, mainly polygons, that are fitted closely together in a repeated pattern with no gaps or overlapping. The class spent two days exploring the history behind tessellations and how the concept is related to mathematics. They then had their own chance to create their very own tessellation. Students were given a shape template to tessellate and then decorate.
RMS Parents, please take a couple of minutes to fill out the surveys by clicking on the links below. Thank you!
Parent/Family/Guardian Survey Links
Last day to order from our spirit store!!
Videos (show all)
5631 County Road 203
|Monday||7:20am - 3:30pm|
|Tuesday||7:20am - 3:30pm|
|Wednesday||7:20am - 3:30pm|
|Thursday||7:20am - 3:30pm|
|Friday||7:20am - 3:30pm|
Let us Lead by Serving Others... our club promotes academic achievement, leadership, and service.