The Gamma Iota Chapter at the University of Idaho is a Fraternity comprised of college men who live by the phrase, "Better Men. Better Lives."
The Gamma Iota chapter of Delta Sigma Phi had its beginnings back in April 25, 1950. The traveling secretary from the national office set up the Delta Sigma Phi Club at that time, which later was to evolve into our chapter. At first, men living in Pine Hall comprised the Delta Sigma Phi Club. They had elected officers and conducted regular meetings to plan their admission into the Delta Sigma Phi
Fraternity (become chartered). It might be added that during this time our pledge program also got its beginnings. The DSP Club sent out formal invitations to men on campus to become pledges in their organization. On April 25, 1950, the Delta Sigma Phi Club passed a motion to petition the national headquarters for membership into the national fraternity. Plans for chartering then began. On May 10, 1950, the university's Academic Council approved the establishment of a new chapter on campus. The charter for the Gamma Iota chapter of Delta Sigma Phi was granted on May 28, 1950. Our fraternity began with 36 charter members; 21 members were from out of state and 15 were from Idaho. Our old house was at 804 Deakin, which used to be the old SAE house, and the Campus Cafe. In 1969 we bought the Kappa Alpha Theta house, our current house at 503 University, for $130,000 and have prospered and grown since then.
Want your school to be the top-listed School/college in Moscow?