Contact information, map and directions, contact form, opening hours, services, ratings, photos, videos and announcements from Millington Primary School, Public School, 6445 William Osteen Drive, Millington, TN.
Supply List 2021-2022
Hello Millington Family!
Congratulations, we've almost made it to the end of the 2020-2021 school year!!!
This message is to let you know that on Thursday, May 20th from 4:00pm - 7:00pm and Friday, May 21st from 8:00am - 12:00pm all virtual students will return their learning device(s). Drop-off will be in front of the Millington Performing Arts Center in drive-through fashion located at 8057 Wilkinsville Road, Millington, TN.
Students will need to make sure they have all the “parts” to their device (i.e iPad Keyboard, all chargers, stylus) and Hotspots if issued OR the fee for such items.
Cost of Lost or Stolen Items
Grade 9-12 Lenovo Laptop - $499
Grade 9-12 Laptop Charger - $50
Grade 9-12 Stylus - $36
Grade 4-8 Chromebook - $249
Grade 4-8 Chromebook Charger - $50
iPad - $399
iPad Charger - $25
iPad Charging Cord - $10
Hotspot - $90
Hotspot Charger - $10
Please enter the drop-off line from 2nd Avenue and exit on School Avenue (see the map below). It is very important that all items are returned during this time. Any student that does not return their learning device will be placed on the records hold and fine list and will not receive report cards or transcripts.
See the amazing video from Millington Municipal Schools Virtual Choir. Great job!!!
Watch Millington Elementary School's Water's Cool @ School Video! We are applying for a grant from Delta Dental of Tennessee. We want to knock out tooth decay with one super drink of water! #waterscooltn
youtube.com MRS. COCKRELL MILLINGTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL: DELTA DENTAL OF TN GRANT THANK YOU MRS. BAUM, MR. CASE and all MES STUDENTS that Participated!!
Hey MES Family!
The MES Virtual School will begin on 8/10/2020! We will send out orientation info via text and email on Monday 8/10/2020. This orientation will be recorded and posted here if you miss it. Your liaison is listed as the Virtual Problem Solver in the packet in the link below.. The kiddos will be using Seesaw to access their schoolwork and we will be using Remind to communicate with parents. If you have questions, please feel free to reach out anytime and we will get you the info and help you need.
More info can be found here: https://bit.ly/2PDmWp1
Dear Millington Elementary Parents and Guardians,
You will start receiving phone calls tomorrow morning letting you know your child's teacher. Kindergarten parents, you will receive a call letting you know your child's staggered entry day tomorrow.
Bus Information: You will start receiving bus letters this afternoon through your email. If you do not have an email or have not received one, please call MES at 873-8433 tomorrow afternoon.
Dear Millington Elementary Parents and Guardians,
The Millington Municipal School District released its Reopening Plan last week. You can find this plan on the district’s website. On the website, select the Parents and Students tab and then select “MMSD 2020 Vision Plan for reopening School”. In this plan, parent options for learning and other in-person guidelines were outlined. Millington Elementary will be adhering to the guidelines listed in this document.
Below you will find procedures that will hopefully answer questions you might have regarding what an in-person school day will look like at Millington Elementary School.
• The building will open for students at 7:45.
• The car rider line will remain on the west side of the building (first driveway on William Osteen).
• Bus riders will unload in the back in the bus lane (third driveway on William Osteen).
• Students will have designated labeled entrances that promote social distancing. Staff members will monitor outside and inside the building. Third grade car rider students will enter the door on the end of the green hallway (the door at the end of the parking lot). First and Second Grade car rider students will enter the building in the doorway next to the gym. Pre K and Kindergarten car rider students will enter the building through the gym and walk to the blue hallway. Fourth and Fifth grade students will enter the building trough the car rider line door next to the gym.
• Students that eat breakfast can pick up a Grab and Go breakfast as they enter the building. Breakfast will be eaten in the classroom under the supervision of the classroom teacher.
• Any student that arrives earlier than 7:45 a.m. will not be allowed on campus.
If a student arrives after 8:00 a.m., the parent must come to the front and wait for office personnel to ask the parent the reason for the child being late. The child will walk into the building and report to their classroom
• Car riders will exit from their classroom to the car rider line on the west side of the building through the designated hallway.
• Bus riders will exit from their classroom through the back door on the Blue Hallway. Kindergarten bus riders will be escorted to their bus by the Kindergarten teachers. Names will be checked off as students get on the bus.
• All students will eat lunch in their classrooms under the direct supervision of teachers and staff.
• Individual classrooms will be notified of any food allergy restrictions for their class.
• At this time, parents are not allowed to drop off lunch or eat lunch with their child.
• Students will be socially distanced in the classroom according to guidelines. Fourteen desks have been placed in classrooms at Millington Elementary.
• Students will remain socially distanced at their desk throughout the entire class time.
• Laminated Eagles will be placed in the hallways to help keep students socially distanced.
• Millington Elementary students will have six scheduled hand washing breaks each day.
• Everyone is expected to wear a mask in the hallways and at the restrooms.
• Pre K through Second Grade students will attend in person Monday through Thursday. On Fridays, students will have virtual learning.
• Students in grades 3 -5 will attend Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday. The remaining three days will be virtual learning.
• Students will bring in their supplies a few items at a time throughout the week.
• No visitors will be allowed in the building.
• If a child needs to be checked out of school during the school day, a parent will show his or her ID at the front door. The child will be called to the office and escorted outside to meet the parent.
• Backpacks, lunches, and other items cannot be dropped off at school.
Based on school-specific information received from the Shelby County Health Department, a decision was made that students and staff are expected to wear masks when six feet of social distancing cannot be maintained. As the Shelby County Health Department offers additional guidance to schools, the district will make necessary adjustments. Our decision is subject to change as additional guidance is released.
In addition to the procedures above, students and staff will be sanitizing and washing hands frequently. Keep in mind that procedures are subject to change based on CDC, Shelby County Health Department, and/or MMSD guidelines.
In the event of a significant spread of COVID-19, parents are encouraged to have plans in place to assist their child in virtual learning if Millington Elementary School closes or if their children are unable to attend school because of a quarantine situation. Millington Elementary could be moved to 100% virtual for an unspecified length of time.
Parents are encouraged to be prepared to change plans within 24 hours if needed, and it is critical that parents have updated email addresses and phone numbers on file with the school. Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions or concerns. Specific school questions can be directed to [email protected].
We know that this is a very difficult time for our families. We appreciate you and your patience as we move through these challenging times together as one family.
Millington Elementary School
Here is a link to the supply list
Online Registration is open for the 2020-2021 school year.
millingtonschools.org Beginning in the 2020 -2021 school year, the new and returning student registration process can be completed completely online from any computer, cell phone, tablet or Internet connected device. Before you begin the registration process, you will need to scan OR take a picture of the required proof...
[07/03/20] A Virtual Town Hall meeting will be held on July 7th at 6:00 pm to discuss 2020-2021 School year.
Great job Mrs. Cockrell!!
Teacher Reading Fruit Salad Friend by Maria Dismondy art by Kathryn Selbert
Hello from the Cafeteria. Thanks Cafeteria Workers for all you have done!!
Hello from the Blue Hall!!
Here's Mrs. Cockrell
Teacher reading the book “The Good Egg” written by Jory John and Pete Oswald
Millington Municipal Schools
Hello Millington Family!
Happy Cinco de Mayo! We hope you are safe and well and we miss you.
This message is to inform you that we will be picking up iPads that were checked out to students during the school closure and all Millington Central High School student laptops on May 18th and 19th from 8:30AM to 7:00PM. Dropoff will be in drive through fashion in the front of Millington Central High School located at 8050 West Street, Millington, TN 38053. Please bring all chargers and accessories when dropping off your device. If you have lost your device or any accessory, you can pay for the lost item when dropping off. The pricing for each item is as follows:
• MCHS Student Laptop - $499
• MCHS Student Laptop Charger - $50
• MCHS Student Laptop Stylus - $36
• iPad - $299
• iPad charger/cord - $10
You can make all checks or money orders payable to Millington Municipal Schools.
As always, thank you for allowing us to serve you and your children.
Check out Mrs. Cockrell's Video!
Lesson 2- Grocery Store
Lucy Elementary is the hidden gem of Millington, Tennessee where learning is first because our teaching is second to none!
Millington Central Middle High School is located in Millington, TN. We serve the needs of approximately 1,200 students in grades 7 - 12 from Millington and the surrounding areas.