Way to go Anli!!!!! 💚🤍💚
Congratulations to our $1,000 Pays for A’s winners: Eagle High School freshman Anli Brown and Salem Junior High School 9th grader Makell Cahoon.
They were randomly selected as the statewide winners of our Pays for A’s scholarship program from thousands of eligible entries.
For information on how your student can be rewarded for good grades, visit www.zionsbank.com/pays4as
West Ada School District
Nearby schools & colleges
E Gala Street
S Eagle Road
W Waltman Street
W Pine Avenue
E Amity Road
W Chateau Drive
N Locust Grove Road
S. Stockenham Way
E. Lake Hazel Road
N Linder Road
West Ada School District prides itself on preparing today's students for tomorrow's challenges. https://www.westada.org/SocialMediaProtocol
Rules of Engagement:
Our protocol is to accept comments made to West Ada School District social media platforms to encourage a respectful public school-related dialogue, except in circumstances where those comments contain:
•Language that is disruptive of school operations, the instructional effectiveness of the school, or promotes/endorses actions detrimental to the health and safety of students
Operating as usual
Way to go Anli!!!!! 💚🤍💚
Repost from .sde
Earlier in the year, Hailey McMurtrey's 3rd-graders at Christine Donnell School of the Arts designed ornaments for the National Christmas Tree display at the White House! The students' artwork adorns Idaho's tree, one of 58 smaller trees surrounding the National Christmas Tree! Check out these amazing pictures of Idaho's tree decorated with student artwork celebrating our great state!
Students who designed ornaments are:
West Ada is hiring!!!!! Refer a friend today!!!!
Referred applicants must apply for a current CLASSIFIED OPENING and be hired after January 1, 2023.
Upon being hired, applicants must work for WASD consecutively for three months in order for the referring employee to be eligible to receive $250.
Only current West Ada employees are eligible to receive a finder's fee.
There is no limit to the amount of people an employee can refer! Refer 10 people, receive $2500!
Scan the QR Code to refer a friend today!
Happy Holidays from West Ada School District. ❄️ ❄️ ❄️ district schools and offices are closed beginning December 21 through January 3. School resumes on January 4, 2023 (B Day).
🔥 Hot 🔥 off the press it’s the first issue of West Ada Magazine!!!
For more information head to www.westada.org > Our District > West Ada Magazine for more information, a digital copy and to subscribe today!
Mtn View Unified Champion School
Club Unify at Mountain View High School has been recognized as a 2022 National Banner Unified Champion School by Special Olympics. That is a very big deal! MVHS is one of only two schools in the entire state to receive that honor. At its core, the program is about unifying students with and without intellectual disabilities, and Mountain View is crushing it. Here’s more…
Special Olympics Idaho
Mtn View Unified Champion School Club Unify at Mountain View High School has been recognized as a 2022 National Banner Unified Champion School by Special Olympics. That is a very big deal! ...
Our amazing STEM teacher, Cindy Dorian, received a $4,000 grant from the West Ada Education Foundation. The grant will pay for new Vex kits for robotics units for students. Congratulations, Cindy!
Congratulations to our December Employees of the Month!!!!
Christine Donnell School of the Arts:
• Karen Kirk, Office Manager
• Tyler Bishop, 4th Grade Teacher
Lowell Scott Middle School:
• Kristyn Godderidge, Bookkeeper
• Katie Price, Math Teacher and Department Chair
Renaissance High School:
• John Schoenfelder, Library Assistant
• Katie Martini, College/IB Biology teacher and Science PLC Lead
District Service Center:
• Lisa Weindel, Special Education Transportation Router
• Erin Sweeney, Transportation Router
School Community: West Ada Update - December 15, 2022
School Community School Community West Ada Update - December 15, 2022
Honors Math 7 and 8, Math Lab 7 and 8
Meridian Middle School
• Number of Years in West Ada: 4
• Number of Years at current school: 4
• Why I love working in West Ada: The West Ada Math district leadership supports innovation in Math teaching and brings in the most cutting-edge speakers in Math education from all across the country to help West Ada Mathematics educators do the best for our students.
• Favorite Food: Mocha Chip Ice Cream
• Favorite TV Show: The Office
• Currently Reading: Building Thinking Classrooms in Mathematics by Peter Liljedahl
• Hobbies: Reading, gardening, cooking
• Fun Fact: I have 5 teenagers and 16 pets including two fainting goats!
This week our ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL PRIDE spotlight is on Melissa Hampton, Owyhee High School
• Number of Years in West Ada: 14
• Number of Years at current school: 2
• What I like about West Ada: The people! I am blessed to be here, and I am able to laugh at work every day.
• The best thing about being a Principal is...I love the energy in this building. From the staff to the students, there is a just a great vibe here. It has been so much fun to start a new site. It has been a lot of work, but I have learned a lot and met so many incredible colleagues.
• Family: I got married to Matt Hampton in March of 2020. I have one daughter and three stepdaughters. There is a lot of estrogen in our combined family. And I can't forget dogs Luna and Dodger who make me laugh every day.
• Favorite Food: Mexican food and Italian food
• Favorite TV Show: I am anxiously awaiting the new season of 'Ted Lasso', but the TV show I watch over and over again is probably 'Friends.'
• Currently Reading: I just finished Matthew Perry's book, "Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing." Bono's "Surrender" is next.
• Hobbies: Traveling. I travel every chance I get.
• Fun Fact: My next stop is Barcelona, and I can't wait. I want to visit as many places as I can.
We are so lucky to have such exceptional leaders in West Ada. Thank you for your continued leadership, dedication, service and compassion to those you serve!
Geico is showing up for West Ada Community Schools in a big way! Madison Farrell and Nathan Bude, employees of Geico, are partnering specifically with Peregrine Elementary Community School. Madison and her Geico team participated in our Diaper Drive and even came to help with the loading and unloading! They have provided snacks for our students, attended the Trunk or Treat with loads of candy, and came with coffee and donuts to our STEM night. Currently the Geico Local office is running a coat drive for our Community Schools to benefit any student in West Ada. We are grateful for the Geico team for all they do for our community. Thank you!
Art Club met recently to participate in Meridian’s Ornament Drop, where students were able to “drop” ornaments in downtown Meridian, and find others to take home with them. Students and their families had a blast making ornaments and socializing! Thank you Mrs. Porchia for hosting this incredible holiday event.
Repost from .sde
Drumroll, please! Congratulations to Brynlee Parce, winner of our holiday card contest! Brynlee's artwork, a painting of Santa and his famous red-nosed reindeer traveling across a colorful night sky, was chosen from more than 350 entries to be featured on our holiday card for 2022! Brynlee is a 3rd-grade student at Spalding STEM Academy in the West Ada School District. We also selected grade-level winners, whose artwork is featured on our website!
“Brynlee’s submission featuring the Northern Lights immediately caught our eye, and it was no surprise to see that after two intense rounds of voting, her amazing holiday scene came out on top,” Superintendent Sherri Ybarra said. “Choosing from so many incredible entries is always one of our favorite challenges of the year.”
Brynlee’s submission swept top honors for third grade and overall. Other grade-level winners are:
Kindergarten: Sawyer Thill, A.B. McDonald Elementary, Moscow School District
First grade: Edmund Oberhansley, Jefferson Elementary, Jefferson School District 251
Second grade: Beckett Tucker, Barbara Morgan STEM Academy, West Ada School District
Fourth grade: Michelle Dotson, Webster Elementary, Lewiston Independent School District
Fifth grade: Kate Cole, Orchards Elementary, Lewiston Independent School District
Sixth grade: Christopher Crouch, Victory Middle School, West Ada School District
Thank you Mrs. Jennifer Crowl, Club Unified members at and for attending this evening’s board meeting. We are so proud of the Club Unified program at Mountain View High School. This club is a club for students with and without intellectual disabilities that comes together for sports, games, community service, school events, and most of all, to have fun!
Dr. Bub’s snow day list…
✅ Stay safe
✅ Enjoy one another's company
✅ Read a good book
✅ Play in snow
✅ Drink hot cocoa
Hot coca for 3!!!! Thanks Dr. Bub .deguzman
Challenge Accepted Dr. Bub!!!! Snow day hot cocoa!!!! 😋 ☕️
Snow Day Challenge!!!!!
Who is having fun during today’s snow day?
• Did anyone take Dr. Bub’s advice and enjoy a cup of hot coca?
• Tag or DM us in your snow day photos.
Good Morning West Ada!
Due to today's inclement weather, school has been canceled and no classes will take place. We ask that families and students stay safe, rest, relax and enjoy one another's company, read a good book and get outside to play and sled if it is safe to do so. Hot chocolate is also a good option! Enjoy a safe snow day!
Superintendent Dr. Derek Bub
MVHS National Honors Society is writing Christmas cards to various recipients from around the nation who need a little extra holiday cheer. The recipients are on The Angel Card Project list. 💚💙🎄❄️
Great first competition for Surge!🌪️⚡️
1st: Hip Hop
Overall Judges and Directors Award
Elsa: 1st place jazz & 3rd overall soloist
Taylor: 2nd place jazz
Kloe: 1st place lyrical
Mady: 5th place lyrical
Stella: 4th place contemporary
Macie: 5th place contemporary
Emma: 3rd place drill downs
Congratulations to our Mustang ladies for bringing home some BUCKLES!!! put on a great tournament this weekend… thank you!
*Oregon Weight Classes*
100 Tommy Stone- 1st
125 Holland Wieber- 2nd
130 Eden Garner- 3rd Place in combined bracket- 1st @130
155 Ella Elordi- 4th
170 Jordynn LeBeau-1st
190 Reece Woods- 1st
235 Emry Woods- 2nd
235 Olivia Woods- 1st
Karlee won the first matches of her life today and wrestled her guts out along side both Colbi and Emma. I’m so proud of their grit and determination. They just fell a little short of medaling.
Repost from .viewcheer
We worked so hard the past few months and are so proud to announce that we placed:
1st in Coed Show
1st in Sideline
1st in Coed Stunt
2nd in JV Sideline
3rd in Pom
AND OVER ALL GRAND CHAMPS!! 💙💚
It’s not too late to purchase tickets.
Tomorrow, December 9th, is the last day to purchase a raffle ticket to be eligible for the next prize drawing on December 12th. Remember, all the money for each ticket sold stays at MMS for our students.
Thank you for you support!
Congratulations sophomore Haiylee Reeves. Haiylee has been selected for the US16 USA Junior Women’s National Team. Congratulations Haiylee!!!!!!
In- and Out-of-District Transfer Student Information
• Students living within WASD boundaries—either currently attending a WASD school or not—that would like to attend a WASD school outside of their attendance area are eligible to apply for an in-district transfer.
• Students living outside of WASD boundaries are eligible to apply for an out-of-district transfer.
• Application link for both in- and out-of-district transfer requests: https://survey.k12insight.com/survey1.aspx?k=RQsVYRRsQXYSsPsPsP&lang=0
• Deadline: February 1, 2023
• Decisions for transfers will be made before June 1, 2023. Students must have completed the transfer request to attend their desired school.
• Please contact the desired school directly with any questions.
The Board of Trustees meeting agenda for the regular meeting on Monday, December 12, 2022 is posted and available electronically. Please visit: https://simbli.eboardsolutions.com/SB_Meetings/ViewMeeting.aspx?S=36031062&MID=1355
Videos (show all)
Contact the school
1303 E. Central Drive
|Monday||7:30am - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday||7:30am - 4:30pm|
|Wednesday||7:30am - 4:30pm|
|Thursday||7:30am - 4:30pm|
|Friday||7:30am - 4:30pm|
3800 N Locust Grove Rd
Meridian Technical Charter High School is a free public career technical school centered around comp
1925 E. Lake Hazel Road
Gem Prep seeks to encourage our community to learn about our school and celebrate our scholars!
1035 NW 1st Street
Meridian Elementary School is located within the West Ada School District in Idaho.
1900 W Pine Avenue
2950 N. Naomi Avenue
Providing a way that Ponderosa Families can stay informed and up to date on upcoming school activities and volunteer opportunities.
1050 E Amity Road
Find out about what is going on at Mary Mac from the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
5225 S. Stockenham Way
Hillsdale Elementary School in Meridian, Idaho. Principal - Khristie Bair