10 REASONS TO APPRECIATE A DAYCARE TEACHER
1. They are not daycare workers, they are early childhood education teachers. Their lesson plan every day includes: how to share, how to have “nice hands” and “walking feet,” how to say please and thank you, how to walk behind someone without pushing, how to take turns, and how to have “listening ears.”
2. They are not just teachers. They are also janitors and nurses. They make boo-boos feel better and dry up tears. They spray, wipe, sanitize, sweep, mop, vacuum, and take out the trash.
3. They are waitresses. They balance little trays and cups of milk. They pick up squashed peas off the floor. Scoop peaches when they ask for more.
4. They change 5 dirty diapers, within 10 minutes, the day after beef and corn.
5. They get 12 little ducklings to follow in a row on their way to the playground.
6. They tie tiny shoes. Snap tiny pants. Fold tiny blankeys. Wipe tiny noses. Spend 5 minutes fixing the heels of tiny Converse. Multiply all of this by 12 on some days.
7. They are there before parents go to work and-or don’t go home until the last kid is picked up as the second hand ticks to closing time.
8. They lay out cots and pillows and blankeys and paci’s. They know who gets a pacifier, who gets a 6 oz bottle, who has to have all the lights out, who will wake up early, who came in late and will lay awake. They sit between cots patting restless toddlers to sleep. They spend the rest of nap time keeping the one early riser from waking the 11 others.
9. They go home and take care of their own families and homes, or their own children. They somehow find time to rest their tired feet.
10. They are patient and kind. They are trustworthy. They do their best with no promise of rest. They don’t enjoy disciplining, but do it with love. Their heart swells to see your child grow and learn and smile and play. They laugh at the funny things the kids always say.
Say thank you to your child’s teacher. They love your child❤️
Due to the severe weather situation, FLICC will CLOSE today at 12:00. We will serve lunch to all children at 11:00. Any children remaining in the building after 12:00, will be charged a late pick-up fee.
We will see every one tomorrow!
FLICC is OPEN tomorrow / Monday February 7, in our normal schedule (even though MSCS remain closed tomorrow due to power outages).
Here’s to all the working moms, doing your best to hold it all together (especially over these past few days)! 🏆🥇⭐️
FLICC will remain CLOSED tomorrow Friday 2/4. Stay safe, stay well.
Due to Inclement Weather, FLICC is closed tomorrow, Thursday 2/03/22.
Photography by Erik Ulloa
Preschool Holiday Festival 2021
650 Harbor Edge Drive
Memphis, TN 38103
Do you send out a holiday / Christmas card? Add us to your list! We would love to hear from you and display your card on our holiday greeting wall! 🎄🎅🏼🎄🎅🏼🎄
Fall Festival 2021
🍂Fall Festival🍂 a great success for our kiddos!
Thank you to our teachers and staff for making the
This is a wonderful, former FLICC family! Read their story and consider sponsoring Luke on his walk for juvenile diabetes ❤️
✳️ Must be able to speak, read, write on a professional level in ENGLISH. Spanish is not needed for this position. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, have computer skills and MSOffice experience, answer and make phone calls, help in event planning and scheduling, inventory and supply management, and other general admin and clerical skills.
✳️ The position is full time, Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Competitive pay, based on experience. Must pass TBI criminal background check.
If you, or some one you know, is interested in knowing more, please contact Sue at [email protected]
✳️✳️ please share✳️✳️
✳️ We are seeking to hire a full-time admin for our front desk, to begin as soon as possible. Ms Jess is returning to her professional and pre-COVID position with St Jude at the end of the month.