Iron Mountain High School students will have the great opportunity to participate in a college campus tour on March 31, April 1, and April 2, 2015.
Iron Mountain High School students will tour six college campuses at the end of March including: Lake Superior State University, Ferris State University, Grand Valley State University, Western Michigan University, Michigan State University, and Central Michigan University. A key part of deciding which college to go to is finding a good 'fit.' And the best way to get the most accurate information
Operating as usual
Ate at Buffalo Wild Wings on the first night!
Western Michigan University, Michigan State University, Central Michigan University
Day 2 - Ferris State University and Grand Valley State University
From Iron Mountain to Sault St. Marie to Big Rapids
COLLEGE TOUR REMINDERS
- Snacks—Plan to bring your own snacks for the three days. (We will stop at a few convenience stores/gas stations along the way where you will also be able to fulfill your junk food cravings.)
- Drinks—Cannot bring your own drinks for several reasons. However, there will be a cooler full of water, Propel, Gatorade, etc., provided on the bus. And, we will allow you to purchase your own when we stop along the way.
- Clothing—School dress code applies
- Be sure to wear walking shoes (athletic shoes), as we will do a lot of walking.
- Swimsuit (swimming at hotel)
- Spending Money—We will be going to a really nice mall (River Town Crossings Mall in Grandville) on April 1—no fooling! You will also need to purchase about 3 of your meals for the duration of the trip, so spending money is a must!
- If you would like to watch movies on the bus (school appropriate, of course), please bring them and be sure to write your name on them.
- I don’t expect any problems with this next item, but feel the need to bring it to everyone’s attention. If you would be caught with anything illegal (drugs, alcohol, etc.), you will be turned over to the local law enforcement. Your parents would be called and expected to pick you up immediately to bring you home. (This is a school activity and all rules in the student handbook apply.)
If you have any questions regarding any of these items, see Mrs. Truscott.
2015 Junior Class College Campus Tour
This is the itinerary for the Iron Mountain High School/Academic Booster Club College Campus Tour on March 31, April 1, and April 2. Students need to bring enough money to pay for 2-3 meals over the course of the three days. The transportation expenses for IMHS students are being provided by the Iron Mountain High School Academic Boosters.
The following numbers are for use in case of an emergency:
Lake Superior State University (Tiffany Larson) 1-906-635-2644
Country Inn & Suites (Big Rapids) 1-231-527-9000
Ferris State University (Jason DaDay) 1-231-591-3106
Grand Valley State University (Astin Martin) 1-616-331-2025
Comfort Inn (Plainwell) 1-269-685-9891
Western Michigan University (Shaun Ballard) 1-269-387-2015
Michigan State University (Amanda Hohly-Seng) 1-517-884-0630
Central Michigan University (Mary Szymula) 1-989-774-1840
Tuesday, March 31st
5:45 a.m. (CDT) Gather bags and load bus
6:00 a.m. Depart IMHS for Norway HS then Lake Superior State University
11:30 – 2:30 (EDT) Arrive at LSSU—Admissions Presentation—Complimentary Lunch--Tour
2:30 – 7:00 Bus trip to Buffalo Wild Wings--Big Rapids
7:00 – 8:30 Eat at Buffalo Wild Wings in Big Rapids
8:45 Room assignments and check in at Country Inn & Suites – Big Rapids
9:00 – 10:30 Time at Pool
10:30 – 11:30 Free time in rooms (Must Remain Quiet After 10:30 p.m.)
11:30 Lights Out
Wednesday, April 1st
7:15 a.m. Wake-up Call
7:15 – 8:30 Eat Breakfast at Hotel and Check Out
8:45 Board bus and travel to Ferris State University
9:00 – 12:00 Admissions Presentation, Tour, Complimentary Lunch
12:00 – 1:15 Board bus and travel to Grand Valley State University – Grand Rapids
2:00 – 4:45 Admissions Presentation, Tour, Complimentary Dinner
5:00 – 8:00 Board bus and travel to Rivertown Crossings Mall (Grandville)
8:15 – 9:00 Board Bus and travel to Comfort Inn Hotel–Plainwell
9:00 – 10:00 Room assignments and check in at Comfort Inn
10:00 – 11:00 Time at Pool (Open until 11 p.m.)
11:00 – 11:30 Free time in rooms (Quiet Time)
11:30 Lights Out
Thursday, April 2nd
7:15 a.m. Wake-up Call
7:15 – 8:15 Eat breakfast at Hotel and Check Out
8:20 Board bus and travel to Western Michigan University
9:00 – 11:45 Admissions Presentation, Student Panel, Tour, and Complimentary Lunch
11:45 – 1:00 Board bus and travel to Michigan State University—East Lansing
1:30 – 4:30 Admissions Presentation and Tour of Michigan State University—Dinner at Michigan State ($10 each)
4:30 – 5:30 Board bus and head to Central Michigan University
5:30-7:00 Informal tour of Central Michigan University
7:15 Board bus and travel back to Iron Mountain
Midnight Approximate time we will arrive back in Iron Mountain
*All times listed are local times for area we will be in.
Some of the IMHS students going on the college tour on March 31st!
IMHS Academic Booster Club is committed to our mission to enhance academics at Iron Mountain High School.
We specialize in High School Senior, Weddings, Portrait photography.
Julie Wonders, Director
This Page is for the Iron Mountain and Kingsford High School Co-op Bowling Team.
Welcome to our Music Department page.