The Levites Academy
Levites Academy exists to identify & develop children’s natural abilities, talents, and skills by
Operating as usual
Quick update of what we are doing!
Computer class underway at Levites!!
Small group Instruction, collaboration, checking for understanding, reading to learn and creativity; all on display on day two. Let’s go Levites!!
We had a great first day of school today!
Our first students to arrive for classes this morning!!
The need to teach the whole child and rethink most of our common practices today.
We are officially open; In business to empower your kids to live abundantly in Christ.
Teacher housing completed!!!
Professional Development underway to get ready for students.
Teacher housing loading…..
Registration is in progress now
Getting ready for students this January
We are ready for our students, night and day!
Out-of-school children in sub-Saharan Africa is nearing 100 million Nigeria bears a fifth of Africa's out-of-school burden.
Uganda's education system must change if we are to develop - Museveni President Museveni says a colonial education system creates a colonial mindset
Vocational training center loading…..
Painting and land scapping work is loading……
South African founders raise $2m to build a school on Whatsapp Meet Tao Boyle and Dacod Magagula, 2 friends from 2 different educational background, who co-founded FoondaMate to teach students on WhatsApp.
Developing lesson plans in the relevant subject area and grade, and ensuring all lessons align with curriculum objectives.
Drawing up classroom rules and safety regulations and ensuring all students understand them.
Using a range of teaching materials and methods to deliver content.
Providing additional support and interventions for struggling students and extra resources to those who are ahead of the class.
Preparing students for tests, exams, presentations, experiments, and other assessments.
Grading assessments and providing feedback and reports to students and parents.
Attending staff and parent meetings to provide helpful recommendations or voice concerns.
Establishing rapport and professional relationships with students, staff, and parents.
Supervising students in class, during events, and on field trips.
Monitoring students’ overall wellbeing and liaising with school counselors and other staff members when there are concerns or issues.
Attending ongoing learning initiatives like workshops, lectures, conferences, and other events where you are able to expand education networks.
The Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment will provide leadership and vision in the ongoing planning, implementation, development, direction, review and evaluation of the district’s curriculum and instructional services, federal programs, career and technical education services, assessment, research and evaluation services.
The Director ensures that the school education vision, mission and objectives are aligned to frameworks and to instructional practices that yield the highest standards of student achievement and instructional excellence.
The Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment reports to the Head of school, Board and principal.
Curriculum and Instruction (K-12)
• Responsible for the development and implementation of federal or state aid programs
including but not limited to Title I, Title IIA and Title IID.
• Support all aspects of district instructional and curriculum integration of technology.
• Coordinate the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Comprehensive
Plan (both District and building plans).
• Prepare and create the School Instructional Calendar.
• Supervise the administration and analysis of all state and local testing programs within
the district, including the creation of an annual district-wide assessment calendar.
• Represent the school district in meetings and conferences related to curriculum and
instruction, assessment, and technology.
• Report periodically to the board on all curriculum, instruction, and assessment matters
and all technology issues as directed by the Superintendent.
• Make recommendations pertaining to policy and procedure to the Superintendent.
• Coordinate and supervise the Instructional Support program for the district, including
implementation of a consistent K-12 Response to Instruction and Intervention (RTII)
• Revise the Differentiated Supervision Plan and supervise and coordinate the
implementation of the computer-based teacher evaluation system.
• Attend all Intermediate Unit Curriculum Council meetings.
• Supervise and chair Technology Committee meetings and coordinate the development
and implementation of the district’s technology plan.
• Maintain an inventory of all district technology hardware and software and a long- range technology replacement plan.
• Provide leadership and direction for the development, revision and continuous improvement of district technology systems.
• Plan and coordinate the budget process for acquisition of district hardware, software and other technology-related expenditures.
• Plan, coordinate and communicate technology-related management systems and policies.
• Support all aspects of district instructional and curricular integration of technology.
• Assist professional staff with the software evaluation process.
• Plan, coordinate, and communicate technology-related management systems and
• Chair Educational Foundation/District Technology committee.
• Represent district at intermediate unit and countywide instructional technology
• Participate in the interview and selection process of the instructional staff as
• Coordinate the Teacher Induction Program and district orientation programs and
activities of new teachers and administrators.
• Participate in the supervision process of beginning teachers through classroom
observations and conferences.
• Supervise and evaluate district staff, as outlined in the District Organizational Chart.
• Conduct formal and informal observations and supervision of staff.
• Conduct observations of any teachers placed on an improvement plan.
• Counsel with principals and teachers on matters of district-wide concerns in order to
help them improve their effectiveness.
• Encourage ethical practices of teachers.
• Cooperate with administrative and supervisory personnel on the overall education
• Supervise and evaluate district technology staff.
• Supervise and evaluate Instructional Support teachers.
As the principal, you are the face of the school. You’ll lead teachers and staff, set goals and ensure everyone is living out the school’s mission and vision as well as meet their learning objectives. Overseeing your school’s day-to-day operations means handling disciplinary matters, managing a budget and hiring teachers and other personnel.
Logistics, schedules, teacher and staff evaluations, and public relations fall under the purview of school principals. And you have to take the lead in planning Back to School Night and college admissions/jobs fairs. You will probably have the help of one or more assistant principals and/or auxiliary clerical workers.
As principal, you’ll typically work out of an office in your school’s main building. But you’re not confined to an office — principals often sit in on classes, host school assemblies, attend off-site meetings and represent their school at conferences and local or regional events.
Principals also frequently travel to the school district’s administrative offices to report to the superintendent. The head of school and board are your immediate superiors, and you will need to present reports, documents and other findings related to the management and success of your school on a regular basis.
You must ensure their school follows regulations set by local, national authorities. Every person who works for a school, from teachers to academic advisors to custodial workers, ultimately reports to you.
Schools reopen in Uganda after nearly-two-year COVID closure Almost 15 million pupils did no attend school in Uganda since March 2020 as COVID-19 swept the world.
Click here to claim your Sponsored Listing.
|9am - 5pm|
1912 EXETER Road SUITE B 1
Kumon Math and Reading Center GERMANTOWN
2095 Exeter Road
I help with education consultation. I help with tutoring, educational resources,elearning, online le
1922 Exeter Road, Ste 5
Teaching basic American Sign Language to all Americans whether hearing be perfect or profound
Parent sponsored social events for the class of 2024!
7901 Poplar Avenue
Empowering Deaf Children to Listen, Learn, and Talk
7391 Neshoba Road
9289 Poplar Avenue
When math makes sense, kids leap way ahead – whether they started out far behind or already ahead
9450 Poplar Avenue
We are dedicated to enriching the spiritual, physical and intellectual development of all children i
Providing quality Junior High and Senior High School instruction to homeschooled students
Germantown Municipal Council is the coordinating body for six Germantown Municipal PTO and PTSO unit
9309 Poplar Avenue
Teach your child to love music. Little Wing offers weekly classes featuring exciting musical activi