This will be the official site of Abilene FFA Information. We will keep this page updated with our latest events, fundraisers and news.
Students interested in veterinary medicine, check out this vet camp that KSU puts on!!
State FFA Convention 2019
R. Volkman, District Star Farmer & State Finalist
A. Wuthnow, State FFA Degree recipient
R. Volkman, State FFA Degree recipient
M. Anguiano, National Ford Tough (Dick Edwards of JC sponsored) Scholarship recipient
R.Schlesener, National Chevy (Tim Holm Chevrolet sponsored) Scholarship recipient
R. Volkman, National Ford Tough (Dick Edwards of JC sponsored) Scholarship recipient
We are proud of all of you!
Ben Smith Will Burton
Hey, Everyone! We’re still needing help on Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning & Sunday afternoon. If anyone (including incoming Freshmen) are available to help, please use this link to sign up or email/text me and I can add you to the form.
Parents are welcome to help as well - your student will still get the FFA points if you work in their place.
docs.google.com Sheet1 Sign Up to Help With Concession Stand - Type your name in an available box. - Points awarded SATURDAY - JUNE 1,SUNDAY - JUNE 2 9:00am - 12:30,12:30 - 4:00,8:00am - 12:00,12:00 - 4:00 1) Kierstin Boze,1),1) Mason Fink,1) Haily Rock 2) Mason Fink,2),2) Abi Lillard,2) Alice Bathurst 3) Anik...
FFA Kids & Parents - please use this link to sign up to help at the concession stands this weekend. We will be in the East concession building at the rodeo arena. Wear CLOSED-TOE SHOES and an FFA t-shirt please. **FFA Points Awarded** If parents volunteer in kids' place, kids are awarded points still. Zach Cooper
docs.google.com Sheet1 Sign Up to Help With Concession Stand - Type your name in an available box. - Points awarded SATURDAY - JUNE 1,SUNDAY - JUNE 2 9:00am - 12:30,12:30 - 4:00,8:00am - 12:00,12:00 - 4:00 1),1),1),1) 2),2),2),2) 3),3),3),3) 4),4),4),4) 5),5),5),5)
I tried to get pictures of seniors walking out, but got too busy with hugs. ❤️ Here’s what I got! Please feel free to add photos in the comments. Congratulations class of 2019! Beyond proud of you!
[05/09/19] If you took pictures at banquet tonight, send them to me please! :) Text or email. [email protected]
Celebrated a wonderful year of FFA achievements & installed the new 2019 - 2020 Officer Teams.
Photos from Abilene FFA Chapter's post
Photos from Abilene FFA Chapter's post
Photos from Abilene FFA Chapter's post
Reminders for this week:
1) Don’t forget to contact buyers & schedule work time. Hours are due prior to the last day of school.
2) Don’t forget BBQ tickets & money are due by 3:30pm on Wednesday
3) Banquet is on May 8 from 6-8pm in Gym B- seniors must be present to receive scholarships. No jeans allowed (members).
4) BBQ is this Thursday from 5:30-7:30pm at Sterl Hall. Work nights Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday in Ag shop starting at 4pm. Supper provided.
Projects are underway at AHS welding shop!
Mr. Cooper teaching his Agriscience class about branding! They were having a blast. Zach Cooper
They sure clean up nice! 😍 Tried to get as many of our FFA kids walking across the stage as possible, but some went too fast! Other screenshots are from the officer group chat.
Abilene FFA Chapter
Congratulations to the FFA members that competed at Cloud County Aggie Days today!
Our Veterinary Science team placed 1st out of 32 teams and had 4 out of the top ten students - J. Schwarz won first place over all out of 146 contestants, E. Schwarz was 6th place, W. Stroda was 7th place and A. Leidig was 8th place.
Food Science placed 4th out of 15 teams and had two kids in the top 10 - S. Cooper was 4th out of 57 contestants and J. Sleichter was 6th place.
The Agronomy team placed 3rd overall and had one student in the top ten - A. Wuthnow placed 7th out of 31 contestants.
The Livestock team placed 7th overall and had one student in the top ten - W. Stroda placed 9th out of 65 contestants.
The Entomology team placed 5th overall and had one student in the top ten - G. Heintz placed 9th.
A lot of work went into preparing for these contests and we are proud of you all for your efforts!
PLEASE VOTE! We need to get our tickets printed a.s.a.p.. SHARE this poll as much as possible, please - we want to make this opinion based off as many community member votes as possible. Thank you.
docs.google.com We are replacing the baked beans with a new side dish at AHS FFA BBQ this year. Please select the new option you would like to see made. Thank you!
So excited for tomorrow’s FFA spirit day!! #SupportYourFavoriteStateWrestler #LoveAllFiveOfMine
Mrs. Amanda West always showing her PRIDE!!!! Supporting her FFA students. Made with love by Mrs. James
[02/19/19] FFA Appreciation Breakfast has been rescheduled to Thursday, February 28th. Members still arrive at 5:30am. Guests come eat from 6:30-8:00am. Stay safe & warm in the morning!
How are they seniors already?! 😢 So proud of this bunch.
Have I ever told you how much I love these kids?! Missing 5 of our seniors tonight and still took up half the court at senior recognition. ❤️❤️ I cannot wait to see the adults they become. #FFASeniors #ClassOf2019
Our officer team (minus three) had the pleasure of celebrating Mrs. Sweeney’s life today with her family and friends. I’m proud of these kids for representing one of her favorite organizations so well. Some of these kids are in FFA jackets because of our “Pat Sweeney Blue Jacket Program”. They wear them proudly, Mrs. Sweeney! Thank you for all you did for our organization. We promise to keep making you proud! ❤️
[01/30/19] Tomorrow's FFA contest has been cancelled. A reschedule date will be shared as soon as we get it. School is still on (as of right now :) )
[01/06/19] Our next meeting is Tuesday during seminar! We’ll cover upcoming events & contests and then meet with just the seniors to discuss scholarship applications!
[12/11/18] FFA 2nd Quarter fun night is TONIGHT, from 630 - 830 pm at the Abilene Bowling Alley. Anyone that met fruit & meat quota bowls for free, everyone else needs to bring $3. All FFA members welcome!
FFA Members & Parents - IMPORTANT upcoming dates & info!!
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 4:
- Meeting during seminar to fill out buyer thank you cards - If you sold any fruit/meat items, this is MANDATORY. Please check-in with your seminar teacher and then come directly to the ag building. We have thank you cards counted out & ready for you to start writing. What you don’t get done during seminar must be completed at home prior to delivery of items. These cards are worth participation points, so please show them to Mrs. West or Mr. Cooper when you’re done so we can give you credit.
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 5:
- Fruit & Meat Items will be delivered today!! Pick-up times are from 1:45pm - 5:00pm at the Ag Building. All items should be delivered to buyers on Wednesday if at all possible. If you cannot deliver items in a timely fashion, please let Mrs. West know a.s.a.p.. There will be a pink information sheet along with all your order forms in an envelope ready for you when you pick up your items. The information sheet will provide storage instructions in case you need to store items overnight.
- Members that have practice after school - please plan pick up accordingly. We do not advise you to miss sports practice to deliver items. Parents may pick items up for you if they are available. If the times listed do not work for you or your parent(s), please have them call/text me to schedule a different time. 785.200.4108
- Your thank you cards should be given to buyers with their items during delivery. Please personally thank them as well.
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 11:
- 2nd Quarter Fun Night - Abilene Bowling Alley - 6:30-8:30pm
- All Members Welcome!!
- If you met quota for fruit & meat sales, you bowl for free - you will be responsible for buying your own food/drinks if you want to order anything.
- If you did not meet quota, you will need to pay Mrs. West $3 to bowl that night. Please bring it with you to the bowling alley.
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Abilene High School Athletics/Activities
It was Mathletes vsAthletes for today’s spirit day.
I have had several people text/call me today asking if they can still come to wiffle ball even if they didn’t send in an rsvp. YES!! Please join us even if you didn’t! We just needed a number so we could order enough meat. I’m sure there will be plenty of food for everyone! Grab a side dish/dessert & meet us at 4:00 for some family fun! All FFA members & their families are welcome.
See you soon!
Congrats to our FFA Member, B. Riffel, on her nomination for Homecoming Queen Candidate!! Way to go, B!! 👸 👑
Congrats to our girl Rylie Volkman on her nomination for Homecoming Queen Candidate. We love you, Rylie James! ❤️ 👸 👑
We are selling our extra FFA t-shirts if anyone would like one (or 5!) 🤗 100% Cotton, Brand New, Navy Blue, $10 each. Let me know.
Wiffle Ball Tournament Reminder!!!
Sunday, in Gym B at the high school. 4-7pm!
Parents & Alumni Members VS FFA Members & siblings. Bring your A Game. ;)
Fruit & Meat Fundraiser Info:
- our convention goers received their packets a week & a half early, because they have to raise $900 to go to convention, so we like to give them a head start. Plus, their packets are due back earlier.
- other seniors & juniors will receive packets on Monday, Oct 8th during seminar
- other sophomores and all freshmen will receive their packets on Tuesday, Oct 9th during seminar
- Non-Convention goers: quota is 25 items to be considered for incentives
- Convention-Goers: packets are due back by Oct 22
- All other packets are due back by Oct 31 @ 3:30pm. Late packets will not be considered for incentives
Please let me know if you have any questions!
First Quarter Fun Night
Tuesday, Sept 11
6:30-8:30 at the Ag Building
All members welcome
Our officer team after feeding the USD 435 Staff & their families during the back to school BBQ!
Starting the year off volunteering in the community! ❤️ Chisholm Trail Days 2018
FFA Parents/Members - here is an update on our dues. Finally got them set this afternoon.
$25 due by September 4th at our next meeting, please. Checks need to be made out to USD 435. Cash is also accepted. Let Mr. Cooper or myself know if you need help paying!
T-shirt Cost: $7.75 + Shipping = $10
State/National Dues: $15
**** If you do not want a t-shirt, please just bring the $15 for dues ******
Also - don’t forget to sign up to volunteer at Chisholm Trail Days. Points & community service hours will be awarded. You can find the link to the sign up sheet on our FFA Canvas homepage.
Thank you, Mr. Gruen, for the swim party! We had a blast!!
Have I ever told you how proud of these hard-working kids I am?? 😍💪 Almost two full semi-loads completely spread, one foot deep, throughout the playground in 2.5 hours. Zach Cooper
[07/19/18] We are helping spread mulch on Monday, July 23rd, at Eisenhower Elementary. Starting at 8am and finishing whenever we’re done. The more people we have, the faster it will go. Any FFA Members or FFA parents are welcome to join us. Participation points & community service hours will be awarded. Mr. Gruen has graciously rented out the Abilene Swimming Pool on that Monday evening from 8-10pm for any FFA members that want to go, as a thanks for our volunteer work. If you plan to help on Monday, please let me know: 785-200-4108 Bring rakes & shovels with you if you can. ❤️, Mrs. West
Started our 2018-2019 community service off at Eisenhower Elementary yesterday. These kids worked HARD and got a huge start on the school’s playground equipment. Proud of you all for taking time out of your summer break to serve your community! “Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve.” Ethan Gruen
2018 State FFA Convention
2018 Graduation! (minus the kids playing in the band 😪 )
Trinity Lutheran Church recognized the hard-working FFA members from their congregation today. Miss Jardine & I were honored to be there with them!
Welcome to the Rural Center Elementary School Apparel Store. Find all Rural Center Elementary School clothing at SpiritShop.com here: http://tinyurl.com/abg9rxa
I was bittin by a dog that got a little bet of wolf in it an now I love the why make there sound in the moon light that they hwol
Stick'em Up is a vinyl production class at AHS that produces high quality products. Funds raised are placed into FBLA.
Heartland Programs is a comprehensive early education program serving children and families