08/11/2024
當年唸到蘇格蘭詩人 Robert Burns 那首Ae Fond Kiss 時,那句 For to see her was to love her, love but her and love forever.(ㄧ見她就愛上她,只愛她,永遠愛她。)有蕩氣迴腸的感覺,令人嚮往。 經過多年的塵世輾轉,才知道這樣的感情,世間難得。
我在愛丁堡曾買到一支蘇格蘭的小笛子。 蘇格蘭的樂器很奇怪,敞亮中帶著悲傷,不管是風笛或笛子都一樣。
這位蘇格蘭女歌手唱得很深情,幾近禱告般的心碎。
……..
Ae Fond Kiss
深情ㄧ吻
深情一吻,然後我們分離
Ae fond kiss and then we sever
一句再見,唉,即是永遠
Ae fareweel, alas for ever
深浸於心碎的淚水中,我會向妳發誓
Deep in heart-wrung tears I'll pledge thee
止不住的嘆息和哀歎,我獻給妳
Warring sighs and groans I'll wage thee
誰能說命運使他悲傷
Who shall say that fortune grieves him
當她把那顆希望之星留給了他
While the star of hope she leaves him
我,沒有喜悦的閃爍星光照亮
Me, nae cheerful twinkle lights me
四周黑暗的絕望籠罩著我
Dark despair around beknights me
我不會怪我的片面幻想
I'll ne'er blame my partial fancy
無人可以抗拒我的南茜
Nothing can resist my Nancy
因為ㄧ見她就愛上她
For to see her was to love her
只愛她,永遠愛她
Love but her, and love for ever
再見了,我最初、最美好的愛人
Fare thee weel, thou first and fairest
再見了,我最好的、最親愛的戀人
Fare thee weel, my best and dearest
願妳擁有燦爛的喜悦和寶藏
Thine be ilka joy and treasure
平和、愉悦、愛和快樂
Peace, enjoyment, love and pleasure
倘若我們未曾如此深深地愛過
Had we never loved so kindly
倘若我們不曾如此盲目地愛過
Had we never loved so blindly
不曾相遇,也不曾分離
Nor never met, nor never parted
我們當不會如此心碎
We would ne'er ha' been so broken-hearted
深情ㄧ吻,然後我們分離
Ae fond kiss, and then we sever
再會了,再說一次,即是永遠
Ae fareweel, again, for ever
深浸於心碎的淚水中,我會向妳發誓
Deep in heart-wrung tears I'll pledge thee
止不住的嘆息和哀歎,我獻給妳
Warring sighs and groans I'll wage thee
我會祝福妳
I'll wish thee
我願
I'll wish
妳擁有喜悦
Thine be like joy
喜悦
Joy
平和
Peace
願妳擁有喜悦
Thine be like joy
喜悦
Joy
喜悦
Joy
平和
Peace
平和
Peace
Eddi Reader - Ae Fond Kiss
Recorded at Celtic Connections, January 2009
21/08/2024
分享一首 Emily Dickinson 的小詩:
If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
如果我能停止一顆心的破碎,我就不算白活了;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.
如果我能減輕一個生命的痛苦,或緩解痛楚,或幫一隻暈倒的知更鳥回到牠的巢裡,我就不算白活了。
06/07/2023
一群教授被召集來搭飛機。 機艙關閉,準備起飛時,教授們被告知這架飛機是由他們的學生所製造的。 所有的教授都衝向機艙門,想辦法逃命,只有一位教授平靜自信地坐在座位上。 有人問他:「您為什麼不想逃走?」教授說:「是我們自己的學生啊。」「您確定您有把他們教好嗎?」教授小聲地回答:「我確定它飛不起來。」
03/06/2023
Re**rd 在此當動詞,延遲、拖延、使變慢。
「在所有的衝突反抗中,最最延遲人類進程的,就是無知。」- 特斯拉
孔子曰:「生而知之者,上也;學而知之者,次也;困而學之,又其次也;困而不學,民斯為下矣。」
世間萬物推陳出新,遇到難以理解的新事物,第ㄧ等人思考一下,就能理解了;第二等人經由學習,也就理解了;第三等人得遇到困難了,才肯學習;最怕的是無法自己思考,遇到困頓也不肯學習的下等人(還拿無知當有趣,反過來嘲笑想要幫他的人。)
13/09/2022
追來的愛不是愛。
假如你得苦苦追它,
說服它留下,
提醒它你的價值,
為了你們倆單打獨鬥,
不斷發出最後通牒,
或者去考驗它,
它不是愛!它不是愛!
它不是快樂,
它不公平,
它不健康,
它唯一就是個
浪費你時間的東西。
27/06/2019
Aim high! 瞄高一點!
如果只瞄準 60分 (passing grade), 稍有差池就完了.
如果瞄準 100 分, 就算未能達標 (fall short / fail to reach the target), 可能也有個78分.
If we aim higher and fall short, we still achieve more than by aiming low and falling short.
(假如我們瞄高一點, 但未能達標, 仍比瞄低一點卻未達標能達成更多.)
愛默生的這一句: We aim above the mark to hit the mark.
(我們瞄準標的上方才能打中標的.)
彷彿是把射箭時的拋物線列入了考量.
所以, 目標要訂高一點喔! Think bigger!
26/06/2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIwqkPyRRPY
這是一首知名的蘇格蘭民謠,安妮蘿莉(Annie Laurie)是一個女孩的名字,1705年時正值豆蔻年華,與一位多情的少年威廉道格拉斯(William Douglas)墜入情網,熱戀中的威廉就以安妮蘿莉的名字寫了一首情詩送給她。寫於1705年,至今超過300年。 1835年,一位熱戀中的女孩愛莉西雅.安妮.史波提斯伍德(Alicia Anne Spottiswoode)發現了威廉道格拉斯寫的這首情詩,就將它譜了曲,一首動人的歌曲就因此誕生了。
Maxwelton's braes are bonnie,
美麗的麥斯威頓山坡
Where early fa's the dew,
清晨露珠霑均
And it's there that Annie Laurie
安妮蘿莉在那兒對我
Gave me her promise true.
誓言真心相對
Gave me her promise true,
誓言真心相對
Which ne'er forgot will be,
我將永誌不忘
And for bonnie Annie Laurie
為著美麗的安妮蘿莉
I'd lay me doon and dee.
我的心至死不渝
Her brow is like the snawdrift,
額頭有如雪堆明亮
Her throat is like the swan,
頸項天鵝般纖細
Her face it is the fairest,
她的臉是最美的臉龐
That 'er the sun shone on.
陽光所曾映照
That 'er the sun shone on.
陽光所曾映照
And dark blue is her e'e,
她湛藍的眼眸
And for bonnie Annie Laurie
為著美麗的安妮蘿莉
I'd lay me doon and dee.
我的心至死不渝
Like dew on the gowan lying,
露珠掛在小雛菊上
Is the fa' o' her fairy feet,
滑落仙子般小腳
And like winds in summer sighing,
如夏日微風嘆息
Her voice is low and sweet.
嗓音溫柔甜蜜
Her voice is low and sweet,
嗓音溫柔甜蜜
And she's a' the world to me,
她是我的全部
And for bonnie Annie Laurie
為著美麗的安妮蘿莉
I'd lay me doon and dee.
我的心至死不渝
John McDermott - Annie Laurie
- Image - by Stanley Greaves I have found this beautiful image on internet and I used it with no intentions of violating copyright. Please let me know if I n...