It seriously experienced destruction particularly in the field of education. Public schools that were very scarcely then, were gravely destroyed. Very few public elementary schools were available that time. On June 26, 1945, Naujan Academy was founded by Mr. Atanacio Peña. This paved the way to the new beginning and new hope for the Naujeños. On July 1, 1951, Naujan Academy was granted Government
Recognition # 298, s. 1951. It was on May 1952, when the ownership of Naujan Academy was turned over to the missionary Fathers of the Society of the Divine Word, popularly known as the SVD priests. Father Thomas Cassidy was the first Director and the faculty members were postwar undergraduates who came from different places of the archipelago. He was followed by Fr. Martin Spang, Fr. Albert Cook and Fr. Josef Werner, all from the SVD. The construction of some buildings was done under the supervision and administration of the SVD Fathers. Donations from concerned and generous people came in mostly from foreign benefactors. During these years, Mrs Herminia Navarro Gaba was the school principal. Many other SVD Fathers have served the school during those years. In school year 1965-1966, Miss Miriam Q. Ylagan replaced Mrs. Herminia N. Gaba as the school principal. Rev Fr. Raymond W. Hober, SVD was still the director, who served the school for thirteen (13) years. He was responsible for the construction of the school’s main building in 1966. Miriam Q. Ylagan, who later became Mrs. Miriam Y. Gaba served the school for thirty-nine (39) years. She at the end of school year 1995-1996. During this school year, Ms. Evelia S. Orbeta, the Apostolic Vicariate of Calapan (AVCPS) Superintendent organized the Team of Administrators and managers in every Catholic school in Oriental Mindoro. The following school year 1996-1997, Mrs. Resurrection S. Mortel started to act as the school principal. The new Director was Fr. David de Castro, who was not able to finish the school year because of his tragic and sudden demise due to vehicular accident. In school year 2003-2004, San Nicolas de Tolentino Pre-Elem and Elementary School was merged to Naujan Academy with Fr. Arnel Suzara as Director, Mrs. Mortel as Principal and Mrs. Norliza Camba as Elementary Coordinator. In 2005, The Junior-Senior Promenade, which was cut-off for many years, was put back. It was also during this year when the first yearbook was published. In May 2006,Parish priests and Directors of all catholic schools and parishes in Oriental Mindoro were reshuffled. Fr. Arnel Suzara as Director was replaced by Fr. Eufrocino R. Bacit Jr, SVD as school director. Mrs. Mortel, who served the school for forty (40) years, retired in May 2011 and was taken over by Mrs. Teresita M. Ylagan. A Grand Alumni Homecoming was held on April 23, 2011 which paved the way to the renovation of the school’s Audio-Visual Room and through the generosity of Mr. Jolly l. Ting, 1965 alumnus, the school gymnasium was constructed. On December 1, 2011, students started to use their gala uniform