20/07/2015
1831 - CSI HS School.
The CSI Higher Secondary School was started by W.B. Aadis Pastor of London Mission in 1831 on the request of Mr. J W Sullivan, the then Collector of Coimbatore, in the name of London Mission School. The school was developed into a High School in 1881. In 1934, the London Mission handed over the charge of the school to the Union High School authorities. It became a recognised Govt Aided school in the year 1934.
For the first 60 years, the school functioned in Raja Street. Later in 1898 it was shifted to the present campus. Mr. P.J.Devasahayam B.A. L.T was the Head Master from 1899 to 1927. During this period, new classrooms were constructed and the playground was also extended due to the increase in strength.
When Mr. M.J. Sargunam M.A L.T. became the Head Master in 1927, he modified the school infrastructure. In 1948, Devasahayam Science Laboratory, Rest rooms, Deep Bore wells, drinking water facilities were done and the school became a model school in the Coimbatore City.
Info: School Website.