Need help applying... send us a message!!
Commonwealth Master’s and PhD Scholarships
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) provides the UK government’s Commonwealth scholarship scheme led by international development objectives. Since 1960, the CSC has funded over 30,000 individuals to study in the UK and gain skills, acquire knowledge and build networks to tackle global development challenges.
The CSC is open for applications between 6th September 2022 and 18th October 2022 at 16:00 (GMT). Ministry of Higher Education Research Science and Technology is accepting applications between 6th September 2022 and 10th October 2022.
CSC Eligibility Criteria for Commonwealth Master’s and PhD Candidates
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
• Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
• Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
• Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2023
• By September 2023, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, OR a second class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study
• Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
• Provide full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications including to-date transcripts for any qualifications you are currently studying (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
• Provide references from at least two individuals.
For PhD candidates only:
• NOT be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, at a UK university or in your home country before September/October 2023
• Provide a supporting statement from a proposed supervisor in the UK from at least one of the institutions named on your application form.
• 10th October 2022 17:00 GMT.
How to apply
• Candidates must apply using the CSC’s online application system which can be found on https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/about-us/scholarships/. The CSC is unable to accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system or after the closing date listed above.
The EU-ECOWAS Scholarship programme provides scholarships for masters' degrees in the sustainable energy sector at specialised universities in West Africa (Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Togo) for the benefit of students from ECOWAS member states involved in the energy sector: energy management, regulation, renewable energy and energy efficiency.
Applications to the universities in Cote d’Ivoire and Togo are now OPEN, with a deadline for submission by 11 September 2022 at 18.00 WAT. https://www.britishcouncil.com.sn/en/programmes/education/eu-ecowas-scholarships
These roles will provide operational and administrative support for and contribute to research, programs, fundraising and community outreach efforts. You’ll work together with team members, and report to the Executive Director, in order to find the most effective ways to achieve our shared vision.
Program Support Assistant x1
Fundraising Manager x1
Social Media Manager x1
Location: Remote based in The Gambia
Area of expertise: Youth Development, Social Impact
Perks and Benefits: Flexible working hours
How to apply: Please send CV/resume plus a motivation letter to:
Happy New Year everyone!!
"You either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem." The Hackathon for Blood is your chance to be part of the solution. Plus win cool prizes!! https://forms.gle/3kVyDAdQq7G5Qv1x5
There has been a lot of talk about Blood Donations in The Gambia recently. At Partnership in Employment we believe this is an excellent opportunity to get young people involved in problem-solving.
Tomorrow on the Conversation, we will be hosting Duroseme Taylor, Executive Director of Partnership in Employment.
Ms. Taylor will take us through their upcoming Hackathon aimed at raising awareness on . The event will bring together brilliant young people across the country to work together and provide solutions to our blood shortage problems in the country.
It is evident that there is no week that will pass by without seeing a post on social media asking for urgent blood Donation especially for women in labor. As such, this program will help to address the problems our health sector faces especially when it comes to blood shortages.
Join the show to know how you can participate!!!
This post is inspired by Juka Lion Darboe-Tkáč's post about handling failure.
Happy new week! Don't feel discouraged by the job search. I hope this video makes you laugh a little 🤣😂
JOB MEN (YawaSKits, Episode 63)
unemployment rate goes high, Kalistus and Boma finds a niche for themselves.Get YawaGang T-Shirts here: https://teespring.co...
🤣😂 This person is a legend!! 🙌🙌
How do we solve our society's most pressing problems?
Apply for a 12- week, in person boot camp for Gambian-based tech students (located in the Gambia) starting 22nd May.
Sourcery Academy - Building the future tech specialists
An exclusive Academy facilitated by industry veterans that educates kids, college students, and seasoned professionals on subjects of product management, design, and coding.
This guy is too much. May you never meet someone like this.
Job Interview (Only in Nigeria) | LaughPillsComedy
Please Subscribe to LaughPillsComedy official YouTube channel for more funny comedy skits that will make you laugh for free:https://www.youtube.com/channel/U...
. How not to get the job. Follow PiEGambia for tips about CVs, resumes and job search techniqueor. How not to get the job . Follow PiEGambia for tips about CVs, resumes and job search techniques.
I tried to do a tiktok 😂😂😂 #tiktok
Aminata Vilane is an Acting Manager at the Molecular Diagnostics Platform at the Medical Research Council Unit The Gambia at LSHTM.
As a laboratory scientist, her primary role is sample testing, results verification and reporting. She was the only woman working the team until the team started expanding, due to an increasing demand. She trains new members, including staff from the National Public Health Lab. Her team lead responsibilities include, but not limited to assay review and optimisation, managing team members and making sure the results are reported within the 24 hours turnaround time.
Send your resume to [email protected]
We will help you land your dream job.
Pie is looking for a Project manager for one of our clients.
Candidate Must have an MBA or MSC
Background in Accounting/ Finance
Must have at least 5 years of work experience in this field
Please send your CV/ resume to [email protected]
Apply for the World Bank Young professional program 2020. This is a Great opportunity for anyone who is interested in working for the world Bank and living in Washington DC.
Apply for the World Bank Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) welcomes all qualified individuals with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds
If you have an idea and need help with developing it or presenting it, send us a message and we’d be happy to help.
Ad Grants Online Marketing Challenge (OMC) is open to higher education students from undergraduate or graduate programs, regardless of major. Students must form teams of 2-5 members and register under a verified faculty member, lecturer or instructor currently employed by an accredited higher education institute. Google will partner student teams with select nonprofits that are a part of the Ad Grants program and have opted in to participate in the Challenge.
We continue to encourage our followers to use this time to learn some new skills.
Now is the time to join UoPeople!
got you stuck at home?!? Now is the time - become a web developer in no time and get ready for all that post-COVID19 work.
1) Brief overview of web development - https://youtu.be/SBB1YtwODT0
2) Get the basics of web development in 15 hours - https://www.coursera.org/learn/web-development
3) Introduction to HTML5 and CSS Fundamentals - https://www.edx.org/course/html5-and-css-fundamentals
4) Learn HTML in 9 hours - https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-html
The 4th Amani Training for Africa
The 4th Amani Fellowship in Thailand are open. Interested in mindfulness and self awareness? You are invited to apply for this 2 weeks with https://peacerevolution.net/fellowship/african-youth-amani-fellowship-2019?fbclid=IwAR1dIEXEWgen989-2N_3gkZK5lz7mEsx8ms3DEYjCWrag_jtgzr0vAZAGqI #/
PS: For any questions, please email the team at: [email protected]
Come, let’s take a walk, and see through the rush and bustle for another goal, if happiness and peace of mind really lie there. If not; then where is it? What do we miss when we are constantly rushing in life; never quite getting the hang of it?
Common Black College Application
Do you desire to study in the USA? Now you can apply to any number of 54 Historically Black Colleges or Universities (HBCUs) with the Common Black College Application at www.commonblackcollegeapp.com.
Need help applying? Send us a message.
Students can apply to any number of 54 HBCUs with the Common Black College Application at www.commonblackcollegeapp.com.
| Peace Revolution
* Are you young leaders or young entrepreneurs willing to use mindfulness to foster sustainable world peace?
* Do you feel that your startup or organization need support to improve and move to its next stage?
* Do you think that you don’t have enough financial support from local organizations and want to reach more people in your community?
Then please apply.
Training and job placement for youth. Limited spaces available. Minimum requirements
* Grade 9 graduate
* Experience and interest in working in healthcare.
For more information:
* Send an email to [email protected]
* Chat with us on Facebook
29 brilliant questions to ask at the end of every job interview
So the interview went pretty well! These questions are the perfect way to seal the deal and make the interviewer remember you.
Here's what to say when the interviewer asks, "So do you have any questions for me?"
Erasmus Mundus Association
Call for Application: 5 months' Traineeship in European Commission
If you are interested in a career at the European Commission or other Executive institutes, these intensive traineeships (Oct 2018- Feb 2019) will provide you an hands-on experience in an international and multicultural environment.
This might be your lucky strike to become one of 1,300 selected candidates which serves as a boost for your future professional development. Apply now by 31 January, 2018.
Apply here → https://ec.europa.eu/stages/
European Union - EU garagErasmus Foundation Erasmus Student Network ESAAeu
Got the Tuesday morning blues? Just remember this quote. Have a lovely week.
Livelihood skills training for youth 13-35 years.
Requirement: Basic English Language (written and oral)
Application deadline: 30 September 2017
Jobs at Youth Empowerment Project - YEP Gambia
1. Project Operations and Finance Officer
2. Technical Advisor and Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
3. Local Project Coordinator and Senior Technical Adviser
Interested? Apply here; http://www.gm.undp.org/content/gambia/en/home/operations/jobs.html
Closing date 29th May 2017
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 50 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
As Women's Month draws to a close, we at PiE want to introduce you to three amazing ladies who work for the Banjul Ferries. These ladies work in a predominantly male environment. We hope you are as inspired as we are.
Women's month. Panel at Educating for Africa's Future. Women being .