🐕🐩🐶 Bonnie, Pumpkin and the Bears had fun playing with Harry's puppy Skittle today 🐶🐩🐩
Baby Bears Childcare
Ofsted Registered setting with a huge emphasis on outdoor learning. Catering for children aged from
Operating as usual
🐇🐰🐥 Thursday and Friday at Bears 🐥🐰🐤
Whilst our preschool children were enjoying their transition days in their new reception classes, we were busy having fun here at Baby Bears.
🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓🎓The next two weeks will be super busy. The Bears will be helping us get everything ready for our graduation. From gardening to making and preparing decorations, we will be super busy!!
🥰🥰 Can the day possibly get any cuter??? We are all so lucky to take care of such incredible animals!
🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲 Happy Independence Day USA 🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲
It's the 4th of July and today we learnt a little about our American cousins. What did we do today?
* We looked at the colours and patterns in the American flag and then all worked together to paint one.
* The Bears made an American treat for lunch, grilled cheese on the camping stove. It was delicious.
* We made bracelets and anklets using paper straws and copied a repeating pattern.
* The Bears did a spot of gardening, cleaning weeds ready for graduation.
* Finally, we helped to feed our chicks and ducks.
Happy 4th of July everyone!! 🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲
This little black duckling was found in a ditch by a local resident at Fulstow with no sign of its parents or nest anywhere. It was rescued and brought to us here to make friends. It will go to Kym's farm when he's big enough with his new family. 🦆🦆🦆
🦆💦 Monday was a lovely day. To be fair, the Bears spent the majority of the morning back and forth, to and from the incubator as we watched the ducklings hatch. So beautiful 😍 We took a little stroll to Willow Lakes to see the goslings that had hatched not so long ago, they were so big now but still had some of their downy feathers. We played a little game of hide and seek in the gorgeous willow trees before heading back to talk about and paint pictures of what we had seen that morning. It was a rainy afternoon, but we still enjoyed singing mathematical nursery rhymes in the nature area (today's favourite, Five Little Ducks of course).
Welcome to the world duckling number 6 🐥🥰
🐥🐥🐥🐥 We woke up to a lovely surprise this morning, one little duckling had hatched. As the day progressed, we watched three more emerge from their shells. One more has pipped, so we are hoping that little one has a safe arrival later on tonight. They are just beautiful ❤️
Well, Thursday and Friday was an absolute BLAST!! We can't believe it's so close to being the end of this academic year and we are going to enjoy every last minute with our preschool group before they sadly leave us. We got up to so much, but hopefully you can see by looking at our photos what we got up to and the fun we had doing it! Hope you've all had a great weekend! Oh the Bears also named our three chicks Robbie, Macaroni and Jack. We are patiently waiting for our duck eggs and have everything crossed for their success 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
🏃♂️🏃♀️🏃 WACKY RACES 🏃🏃♀️🏃♂️
After visiting North Thorsby Academy, today's Bears wanted to have a little sports day of our own. We split into teams and raced our hearts out.
* Egg and Spoon
* Ball Relay Race
* Obstacle Course
Each and every single Bear tried their hardest and worked well for their teams! Go Baby Bears!!!
🏃🏃♀️🏃♂️ Thank you North Thoresby Academy for inviting us to join in with your Sports Day and allowing us to race. The Bears really enjoy feeling part of something so exciting and special. It's always lovely to see you all and say hello to Bears that have graduated over the last few years and now come to your school 😍
🐤🐥🐣 The Chicks are loving their new home. They are nice and cozy on their heat mat and have started to eat and drink 🐣🐥🐤
🐤🐥🐣 CHICK VIBES 🐣🐥🐤
Such a great day! The weather was beautiful and we all got to witness the hatching of a chick. So many fun things to do today ...
* The Bears used chicks to support their counting and addition skills in the nature area
* We used forks to make chick paintings scraping and splatting the paint to create feathers
* We painted our faces and pretended to be chicks in the garden. We enjoyed chirping loud!!
* We listed to the story Chicken Licken
* We learnt a new chicken song and sang Old MacDonald had a farm
* We used the giant foam numbers and ordered them forwards and backwards to make a number line
🐥🐥🐤 The Bears got to witness a full hatch this morning! So amazing! 😍
🐣🐤🐥😍 Good morning babies!!
🐥🐤🐣 Oh my days!! The very first sign of pipping. The chicks are on their way. We can hear this little one chirping inside it's egg. It can take between 12 - 18 hours (or more) to hatch . We are so excited for the Bears to meet our first chicks. We have two pipping now 🐣🐤🐥
🌞🌞🌞 Fabulous Friday 🌞🌞🌞
Another great day at Baby Bears. So much energy, enthusiasm and excitement during our adult led and child initiated activities. This is what we got up to...
* We made our own Buck Beck Beach Bench (in honour of the devastating destruction of the Cleethorpes landmark)
* We practised our counting, number recognition and hand eye skills with many games of skittles
* We used stickle bricks to look at 2D shapes and got creative constructing models
* We colour mixed with paints and used our mark making skills to paint our names, shapes and pictures on the giant rolls of paper
* Our daily story time in the shade to chill out
* Nursery Rhymes. Today's favourite was the frog song
* Of course we had a huge water fight to cool off
On Sunday 20th August we are inviting everyone to join us at Grainthorpe Playing Fields for our "Summer Sounds" picnic. 🍷🥂☕🥪🍦🍰🌞
We are delighted to welcome the Cleethorpes Band who will join us to perform a live concert in the afternoon with a great selection of varied tunes to suit all tastes, obviously we will have a van there with loads of ice cream flavours 🍦 for you and Bar Bubbles 🍷🥂🥂 will also be with us to ensure no one goes thirsty with a great selection of alcoholic and non alcoholic refreshments.😋
Everyone is welcome to come along, bring a picnic and a deck chair or blanket and just have a lovely chilled, easy afternoon.
We are holding this event in collaboration with Grainthorpe & Conisholme Village Association who will be holding a summer raffle on the day so look out for tickets and some great prizes.
There's no charge for entry as the event is sponsored by us but we will have donation buckets if you feel you would like to donate anything. All proceeds on the day will go towards a new pavillion at the playing fields. There will be parking on site too. Weather permitting 🤞 this should be a fantastic afternoon folks so please pop the date on your calendar 🗓️
🐸🐸🐸 What a lovely surprise to find a new friend in our garden. It was hopping about on the grass, finding its way to the pond. The Bears asked so many questions and shared their own knowledge with us. Wouldn't it be great if we got tadpoles 😍
💦💦💦 What a great day we have had again! The paddling pool was great fun. It got a little crazy with a big water fight. What adult led activities have the Bears done today?
* Investigating frozen lemons and flowers in the water tray
* Observational drawings of summer flowers
* A growing caterpillar experiment using tissue paper and water
* Nursery Rhymes before lunch
* Group stories in our nature area
* Huge water fight - Teacher Bears against Baby Bears
🥚🥚🐣🐣 EGG CANDLING 🐣🐣🥚🥚
Here we are tonight checking our chicken and duck eggs to see how they are developing. So far, all but three eggs are doing very well ❤️❤️ We've been watching them move about in their shells. We can't wait to do this with the Bears tomorrow!!
🍓🍓🍓🍓 STRAWBERRY FIELDS 🍓🍓🍓🍓
As part of our Lincolnshire show day, our preschool group visited Fulstow to buy some local strawberries for all our friends at Baby Bears. We enjoyed washing and taste testing them.
🚜🐄🧑🌾 LINCOLNSHIRE SHOW DAY 🧑🌾🐄🚜
Today we learnt all about farming for Lincolnshire show day. Here are some of the adult led activities from today ...
* Visit to Fulstow to buy strawberries
* Taste testing fresh fruits and vegetables
* Counting farm animals and categorising
* Finding numbers and finding one more
* Old MacDonald Nursery Rhymes
* Farm Stories
🪖🪖🪖🇬🇧🇬🇧 ARMED FORCES DAY 🇬🇧🇬🇧🪖🪖🪖
As you all know this weekend in Cleethorpes people from near and far celebrated and thanked the brave people that keep our country safe, both now and in the past! Today we joined them by having a little celebration of our own, learning about how heroic these men and women were and are!
* We dressed in military uniform
* Made a tank using the loose parts
* We played small world soldiers in the sensory tray
* Flew military fighter planes
* Learnt how to stay camouflaged in the bushes
🐻Happy Father's Day to all our Daddy Bears 🐻
☀️☀️☀️ Thursday and Friday Fun ☀️☀️☀️
It's the end of a great week. Hope you've all had a fabulous time here. We sure have!! Some of our adult led/supported activities this Thursday and Friday included ....
* Little Miss Muffet nursery rhyme - counting challenge
* Baa Baa black sheep nursery rhyme - counting sheep
* Ice painting and ice melting experiment
* Hoola Hoop turn taking Talent Show
* Practising writing our names
* Mark making with water and brushes
* Water squirters target practise
* Working on our fine motor skills by threading pasta and making necklaces for a special person
* Peppa Pig small world
* Story telling ....
.. And lots lots more 🥰🥰
Have a great weekend Bears and our families xx
☀️☀️Tuesday and Wednesday at Baby Bears ☀️☀️
Two days of super busy playing with our friends. Our adult led activities included ...
* Counting out quantities using gems
* Number recognition games
* Mark making on the easel with chalk pens
* Large scale mark making with pencil crayons
* Tracing numbers and shapes
* Painting our names with watercolours on salt
* Shapes and colour Bingo
* Lego counting/building challenge - build a tower with 5 bricks etc
* Group storytime
* Nursery Rhyme Time
* Counting steps during 'What's the time Mr wolf?
* Supporting children's small world play encouraging dialogue and storytelling
Crickey!! All that plus free flow play, balance bikes, ice lollies, encouraging independence and some important chill time with friends 😎
☀️☀️🐻🐻 Happy faces at Baby Bears 🐻🐻☀️☀️
It's been a scorcher today and we have loved every minute of this lovely weather. It certainly makes us smile. Apologies that we forgot to post Friday's photos for you. We've popped them all on here now so you can see what we got up to.
We do have some very clever Bears 🥰 * Our Bears are trying really hard at writing the letters in their names, holding their pens and learning initial sounds for their phonics * They have also been recognising numerals, ordering numbers and saying what's one more than a given number * We focused on the nursery rhyme Humpty Dumpty and built walls for him to fall off. We sang the song as we measured the walls we built * We used play dough to make and name 2D shapes. We squeezed and manipulated it with our hands to strengthen our writing muscles * We have been particularly impressed with our Bears independence. They take care of their belongings by taking off their boots and lining them up and coats and hanging them on the pegs. Even our youngest Bears try so hard with this because our older Bears are such fantastic role models, our young Bears copy 🥰
Tons and tons of fun and learning outdoors as always 🌳🌲 Plenty of adult led activities alongside lots of free flow child initiated play 🥰
* Recognising our names and letter matching
* Counting shapes and collecting wild flowers from the garden to decorate them * Story time * Musical instruments games * Supporting small world play and storytelling with transport.
The face you make when a cup of tea and a slice of cake hits the spot!!
We are very 'egg' cited at Baby Bears. We have been lucky enough to be given an incubator to borrow and have received some fertilized eggs. We have our fingers crossed that we get some chicks and ducklings very soon!! Once they have hatched, we will then send them back home to the farm where their chicken and duck friends will be waiting for them to play. We have then been invited to visit whenever we like to see our ducklings and chicks as adults 😍 Thank you Kym Greenan
Monday and Tuesday has been wonderful 😊 Today we had a sausage cookout on the fire for lunch 🔥 All the Bears are super sensible and listen fantastically when we have a fire.
Our adult led activities today included * Supporting the Bears to create a campsite and modelling role playing within it * Leading a number bingo game, challenging our Bears to recognise numerals * Painting numbers and improving our colour mixing knowledge * Learning new nursery rhymes * Story time
Our adult led activities yesterday included * Adding new resources to the fairy garden and supporting small world role play * Going on a name hunt. * Practising writing our own names * Sequencing and pattern creating using the beads. The Bears challenge was to copy a coloured sequence * Learning the names of 2D shapes by using our imagination to create pictures * Using chalks to draw shapes and then test us, the teachers *
Fridays Mythical creature- Gnomes!
We had a lovely day getting creative and crafting our own gnomes and we also enjoyed messy bubble play in the sunshine 🌞
Well done to Laura for gaining her Level 6 degree! We are all proud of how hard you've worked 🥰 Let's have cake on Monday to celebrate with our Bears xx
Click here to claim your Sponsored Listing.
Contact the school
Barton Street, Ashby Cum Fenby
|Monday||7am - 6pm|
|Tuesday||7am - 6pm|
|Wednesday||7am - 6pm|
|Thursday||7am - 6pm|
|Friday||7am - 6pm|
Ofsted GOOD registered childminder
Childminding service based on Scartho Top Grimsby
Olive Tree Childcare is a home from home childcare setting passionate about providing a friendly, nu
Lancaster Gate, Holton Le Clay
Rainbow Corner is a family run business that provides quality care and early education for children
Welcome to Little Owls (Ofsted rating Good) I offer a home from home setting.
Ofsted registered Childminder graded good in last inspection offering a friendly homely childcare en
Lombard Street, DN34 4
Hi all! My name is Keira Gilbert and I’m an OFSTED registered childminder on the Freshney Green ar
Quality Early Education in a safe and stimulating environment..
Providing childcare for children aged 0-5 years
Hi I'm Levi mum to one little girl who is currently Home Educated, at Levi's Childminding we always