TLÜs asuvas King Sejong Instituudis saab õppida korea keelt ning tutvuda korea kultuuriga
Kas sa tahad õpidda korea keelt?
Do you live too far away from Tallinn?
We have a Online course for you!
You can register through the link below. (The courses are in English)
The link for the autumn semester is open now!
2020 Autumn Semester Korean Class Registration
(The registration starts at 03.08.2020 at 10 AM!)
안녕하세요! Hello everyone! Tere!
Now, we would like to announce the autumn semester class schedule and registration procedure.
*All courses are in English!
Practical Korean Language 1 is for the total beginners.
(A1.1-1, A1.1-2, A1.1-3)
We will start from the Korean alphabet!
NB! A1.1-3 is an Online course. We will upload the class on YouTube so you can take the class anytime you want. Also, we will have zoom class every Thursdays (19:45-20:45) to have a speaking class. If you live in too far away from Tallinn University, you can consider this class! :D If there are too many applicants, people who do not live in Harjumaa have the priority on the enrollment.
(The registration starts at 03.08.2020 at 10 AM!)
You can check which classes will be open this time and the timetable at the picture below.
If you have not studied in the King Sejong Institute before and wants to take a course which is higher than Practical 1, you can take a placement test and take a higher course.
Tuition fee: 103 euros (Free for TLU students but TLU students still have to pay 13 euros for the textbook)
1. The pre-registration dates: 03.08.2020-17.08.2020
2. Registration in TÕIS system & period for paying tuition fee: 13.08.2020-26.08.2020
3. Placement test: the only person concerned will be notified about the exact date & time by email (24.08.2020~28.08.2020)
4. Class period: 31.08.2020-17.12.2020
First come first served policy.
To take the course, you should be 14 year old or more.
Don´t miss the start of registration 😉
Do you know that we will open 100% Online course for people who live far away from Tallinn University?
The course is for total beginners (A1.1) and we will use YouTube and Zoom for the class.
1. We will upload Video class on YouTube every week. Students take the course whenever you want.
2. To practice speaking, every Thursdays (19:45-20:45), we will have Zoom classes.
So, if you have any friends who do not live in Tallinn but who wants to study Korean, share this post! :D
Even if you live in Tallinn or Harjumaa, you still can apply for the course but people who do not live in Harjumaa will have a priority in the enrollment if there are too many students.
On the 29th of July, we will announce the registration process for whole classes!
Korean Conversation Course at TKSI Summer School
Everybody knows that a long break in language learning has a negative effect on the result. In order not to forget the material learned during the spring semester until the autumn, we open the Korean Language Summer School. If you are interested in that opportunity to practice Korean during the vacation, please check the information below.
🔹 Period: July 20th - August 13th [4 weeks], 3 times per week
🔹 Fee: free of charge
🔹 Place: Tallinn University
🔹 Registration deadline: July 15th
🔹 Registration link: https://forms.gle/kiBuFc6ypaebSTsy9
✏️ Class I: 세종한국어 회화 1
For students, who completed Practical Korean Language 1 or 2 (세종한국어 1/2)
Time: Mon, Wed, Thu 16:00-17:30
✏️ Class II: 세종한국어 회화 2
For students, who completed Practical Korean Language 3 or 4 (세종한국어 3/4)
Time: Mon, Wed, Thu 18:00-19:30
If you are not a student at King Sejong Institute, but you have studied Korean, you still can apply for the course. Before the start, we will check your level to allocate in the right class.
This Summer Course is not suitable for total beginners. So, if you have not studied Korean before, please wait till the fall semester, when we open new courses for beginners as well.
The spring semester is almost over. Soon all of you will get your results and receive Certificates of Completion. Congratulations!
We also want to remind you that tomorrow – 5th of June – is the deadline for registration for the Korean Speech and Writing Contest. Don’t forget to register and miss your chance to win the trip to South Korea!
It is the first time ever TKSI holds a Korean Writing contest, which means that you have an excellent opportunity to show your skill in Korean and get rewarded!
This time, the contest will be held on-line and participate can not only current students of TKSI but also those who graduate one of our courses before. If you are interested in participating, please, check the information below.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: June 5
CONTEST TIME: June 16, 18:00-19:20
WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: June 18, 17:00 at Tallinn University (A222 Euroopa Saal) during the Speech Contest Award ceremony
QUALIFICATION OF APPLICANTS: Current and former students of King Sejong Institute
• Selecting 1 of 2 given topics, you can register by the link below.
1. After registration, you will receive an email with the particular form for 400 characters that you have to print out on A4 sheet of paper and use it during the contest for writing your essay. It is not allowed to use blanc, ruled, or any other type of paper.
2. If you have no opportunity to print out the form for writing, you can come to the TKSI office and get printed form there. Make sure that you will have that printed form for writing by the time of the contest!
3. On the 15th of June, you will receive an email with the link invitation for the Zoom conference.
4. It is better if you will check that link in advance and install the Zoom application on your computer. It is also could be used without installation through web-browser, but with the installed version, you have fewer chances for some error appears.
5. You also should have a web-camera turned on and capture not only your face but also the part of the desk, where you will write an essay.
6. The contest will start on the 16th of June at 18:00. Before beginning writing, you will be asked to show your desk in order to avoid any possibility of cheating.
7. You will have 1 hour to write your essay from 18:10 till 19:10.
8. The essay should be written manually on the prepared piece of paper with a printed form for 400 characters. It is not allowed to type your writing on the computer.
9. You can use one additional sheet of paper as a draft for your writing, but the draft could not be submitted as a final work. So, make sure that you will have enough time to rewrite the full script on the prepared blanc.
10. After finishing, you will have 10 minutes to take a photo of your manuscript and submit it by this email: [email protected]
Scripts sent after 19:20 will not participate in the contest.
11. It is not allowed to use a dictionary, textbook, smartphone, or any other device during the contest.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ESSAY AND EVALUATION CRITERIA:
• The essay should correspond to the chosen topic.
• The length of the writing should be 350-400 characters long.
• The content and structure of the essay, diversity and correctness of grammar, spelling accuracy and handwriting clarity will be considered during the evaluation.
1st place. Certificate of top excellence award. The opportunity to study 1 semester for free at the King Sejong Institute. Prize gift.
2nd place. Certificate of Excellence award, prize gift.
3rd place. Certificate of honor award. Prize gift.
* All applicants will receive a participation gift.
Korean Speech Contest is the annual and the most expected event held by Tallinn King Sejong Institute for encouraging all Korean learners to study hard and allowing them to demonstrate their skills. The best-performing student will get the opportunity to go to Seoul for 8-days training. If you are interested in this great opportunity, please, check the information below.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: June 5
WRITING PERIOD: June 11-15
MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: June 15, 18:00
DATE OF SPEECH CONTEST: June 18 (Thursday), 17:00
VENUE: Tallinn University, A222 (Euroopa saal)
QUALIFICATION OF APPLICANTS: Current students of King Sejong Institute
1. Selecting 1 of 2 given topics, you can register by the link below. The topic could also be changed after registration.
2. You can write the script for your speech till the 11th of July and then send your draft to your Korean teacher. In the period between the 11th and 15 of June, you will receive feedback from your teacher and can revise your script.
3. The final version of the manuscript has to be submitted by the 15th of June 18:00. Please send it here: [email protected]
After submitting, the script cannot be changed.
4. This time, the Speech Contest will be held off-line as usual. So, you will need to be ready to give a speech personally in front of the jury. We will let you know about the schedule and the exact order of your performance.
5. The winner of the contest will be announced on the same day at the end of the event.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SPEECH AND EVALUATION CRITERIA:
• The speech should correspond to the chosen topic (you can check topics on the link of registration)
• The length of the speech is less than 3 minutes per participants
• Participants need to deliver their speeches by heart
• Evaluation Criteria:
1. Contents and organization of the speech
2. Diversity and correctness of grammar and vocabulary used
3. Pronunciation, speed, and fluency
4. The manner of presentation and attracting interest from audiences
5. The current level and attitude as a KSI student will be considered in making the final decision.
• 1st place. Certificate of top excellence award. Prize gift. Seoul visit for 8-days Korean culture study training and participation in the next stage of the Contest in October 2020 (only 18 years or older students)
• 2nd place. Certificate of Excellence award, prize gift.
• 3rd place. Certificate of honor award. Prize gift.
* All applicants will receive a participation gift.
New Program of cultural events will be held in summer and autumn 2020
Because of the current situation with coronavirus, we could not have many of our cultural events. Most of them will be postponed and held during the next semester in fall 2020. Unfortunately, our traditional completion ceremony that we have at the end of each semester is canceled this time ㅠㅠ
But we also have some good news for you! This summer, there will be a Korean speaking and writing contest, as well as our summer school, which starts in July.
Those, who have finished Korean class 세종한국어 1 or 2 will be able to apply for 세종한국어 회화 1. Those, who have finished Korean class 세종한국어 3 or 4 will be able to apply for 세종한국어 회화 2.
You can check the updated schedule below. And of course, we will provide additional information about the exact time and terms of participation in advance before each event.
안녕하세요 여러분! 잘 지내고 있었죠?
We hope that all of you are healthy and doing great!
We know that many of our students are dreaming not only to just go to Korea for a holiday but also would like to study at some Korean university. There is excellent news for those people: King Sejong Foundation is developing a scholarship program for foreign students who want to study in Korea. In order to make that program better, your help is needed! So, if you like Korea same much as we do, spend a couple of minutes and answer the survey on the link below, please!
The survey in English is here:
Advanced level students can try to answer in Korean and practice a bit 😉
docs.google.com Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey. We are conducting this survey of King Sejong Institute (KSI) learners in relation to the KSI Study Abroad Scholarship Program, which has been created to offer learners the opportunity to study in Korea. Your opinions are very important to us. We...
According to the measures to prevent the spread of corona virus by Tallinn University, the King Sejong Institute decided to start e-learning from the 16th of March.
Your teachers will let you know how to do it soon through an e-mail.
To prevent the virus,
1. 손을 자주 잘 씻으세요. (Wash your hands well often.)
2. 얼굴을 만지지 마세요. (Do not touch your face.)
3. 집에서 혼자 한국 드라마를 더 많이 보세요. (Watch more Korean dramas at home alone.)
If you have any questions, feel free to write a comment here or send an email to your teachers.
그럼 건강하세요! (Olge terved!)
Link: Tallinn University's measures to prevent the spread of the virus
Fan Decoration Class (21.03.2020) cancellation
Because of circulating coronavirus large crowds are not welcomed and it is hard to hold all the events we planned for this semester. We still hope that the situation with coronavirus will be improved soon, but now we have to cancel the nearest of our events which is the Fan Decoration Class. We will delay it and hold in the next semester.
Other events (making of traditional Korean decoration for hanbok - 4.04, cooking class - 25.04, and speech contest - 5.05) will be held without any changes in the schedule if nothing even worse will happen.
We will open the registration for the events next week.
We hope, that all of you are healthy and doing well!
여러분들의 건강을 잘 지키시기 바랍니다!
This semester, we will have a lot of cultural classes and activities that will help you to understand Korean culture more deeply, get interesting experience and make new friends who will share the love for Korea with you 🥰
You can check the timetable of our events below
Do you want to take TOPIK in Helsinki?
Deadline for the registration is 03.03.2020!
Test date: May 23, 2020 (Saturday)
You can register through an email. Check the link below for more information!
overseas.mofa.go.kr 핀란드 지역 정보, 재외국민 영사서비스, 공관 소식, 기타 생활정보 안내.
From today everyone can apply for the 70th TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) that will be held 23.05.2020 in Riga. If you are about to take TOPIK this spring, please check the information below.
1. Date & time: 23.05.2020 (SAT) 09:10~16:20
TOPIK I: in the morning / TOPIK II: in the afternoon
You have to arrive at the class 30 min before the exam starts.
2. Exam place: the University of Latvia, Faculty of Humanities
3. Examination Authority
Hosted by: National Institute for International Education
Organizer: Embassy of Latvia
Implementation: University of Latvia, Korean Studies Institute
Test Operator: Prof. Huntae Kim (+371 261 286 82 / [email protected])
4. Application period: February 10 to February 23, 2020
5. How to Apply
Receptionist: Anna Navenicka
You can apply
* by e-mail: [email protected]
* online: www.facebook.com/anna.navenicka
6. Examination Fee
TOPIK I: 15 EUR
TOPIKⅡ: 20 EUR
7. Candidate preparations
You have to have a valid form of identification (Passport or ID-card)
8. Grade Verification and Receipt of Report Card
The test results will be announced through TOPIK website(www.topik.go.kr) at 15:00 on the day of the announcement. For 70th TOPIK it is June 30 (TUE).
The results can be printed for free on the TOPIK website (www.topik.go.kr) from the time of publication (after July 2).
If you need more information, please send an e-mail to
여러분~ 행복한 새해 되세요! Happy Lunar New Year everyone!
Do you want to learn Korean traditional dance??
15 weeks course, every Saturday in the morning. (10:30~12:00)
Jevgenija Selezneva from Arirang Ansanble will teach!
Please register through the link.
Tere! Do you want to learn Taekwondo? Check here! :)
Uued Taekwondo gruppid Põhja-Tallinnas.
Esimene trenn 3.september!
Hi guys! We have something useful for you 😊
First of all, Happy New 2020!
And useful thing is the information about TOPIK dates in 2020. Many of you already know that it is not possible to take TOPIK in Tallinn, but you can go Helsinki, Saint Petersburg and from this year also Riga.
2020.04.12 (일) - Saint Petersburg
2020.5.23.(토) - Helsinki / Riga
2020.11.15.(일) - Saint Petersburg
Full information about the dates you can find here:
topikguide.com TOPIK Test will be held 6 times outside Korea in 2020. You can check the table below to know when TOPIK test will be held in your country or city.
Helen Doron English on unikaalne õppemeetod inglise keele õppimiseks lastele vanuses 3.elukuust kuni 19.eluaastani.
City Keeltekool www.citykeeltekool.ee
Inglise keele õpe lastele ja noortele vanuses 3.elukuust kuni 19.eluaastani unikaalse Helen Doron English metoodika alusel.
Multilinguas saab õppida 20 keelt kaheksas õppevormis, samuti pakume suulist ja kirjalikku tõlketeenust. Vaata http://www.multilingua.ee
Мы обучаем русскому, эстонскому, английскому, финскому, немецкому, французскому, китайскому языкам!
Scuola di Lingua Italiana - Centro di Cultura Italiana Itaalia keele kool
Learning English in mini-groups with a high-qualified teacher
Hiina kultuuri ja traditsioonide tutvustamine Eestis / Introducing Chinese culture and traditions in Estonia
Learn English in a Fast, Fun & Easy Way!
Мы поможем заложить прочный фундамент для развития творческих способностей, языковых навыков и интеллектуальных умений.
Курсы языков в формате смешанного обучения на базе русского и эстонского в Таллинне! Переводческие услуги.