15/09/2025
Peter Obi Meets Obasanjo, Ladoja Ahead of 2027 Polls
Former Anambra State governor and Labour Party’s 2023 presidential candidate, Peter Obi, on Sunday held separate closed-door meetings with former President Olusegun Obasanjo and the Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Rasheed Ladoja, in Ibadan, Oyo State.
Although the details of the discussions were not disclosed, the meetings are widely viewed as part of Obi’s ongoing consultations ahead of the 2027 general elections.
Obi, who announced the visits in a Facebook post, said he was accompanied by key Labour Party figures, including Yunusa Tanko, spokesman of the party’s presidential campaign council; Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, the 2023 Lagos governorship candidate; and Segun Adebanjo.
He described the engagements as opportunities to deliberate on the state of the nation and emphasised the importance of unity, fairness, and justice among Nigerians.
Obasanjo backed Obi during the 2023 elections.
https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VbBaDRMC1FuHjAxq3B19
15/09/2025
Nigeria NewsTinubu Okays Appointment Of Five New Permanent Secretaries on Monday, September 15, 2025
Tinubu Okays Appointment Of Five New Permanent Secretaries
The Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation has commenced the process of appointing five new permanent secretaries, following the approval of President Bola Tinubu.
According to the Head of Service, Didi Walson-Jack, the vacancies include two arising from the recent retirement of permanent secretaries from Imo State and the Federal Capital Territory, and three zonal slots for the North-Central, North-East and South-East, created after the establishment of new ministries.
Naija News reports that a statement released by the Director of Information and Public Relations in the OHCSF, Eno Olotu, noted that the recruitment process was structured to guarantee transparency, credibility and merit in line with the government’s commitment to good governance.
Walson-Jack explained that only directors on Grade Level 17 who had spent at least two years on the grade, and who had been cleared by their permanent secretaries as not facing disciplinary action, were eligible to apply.
She added that the exercise began with the compilation and screening of eligible officers by a Committee of Permanent Secretaries, monitored by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission and the Department of State Services.
“Candidates also completed asset declaration forms with the Code of Conduct Bureau, while clearances from the EFCC, ICPC and DSS are ongoing,” she said.
Exam, ICT Test, Oral Interview Set
The HOS disclosed that a written examination for shortlisted officers would be held on September 15, followed by an ICT proficiency test on September 17.
The final stage, an oral interview, is slated for September 19 and will be conducted by a panel comprising serving and retired permanent secretaries, former heads of service, the chairman of the Federal Civil Service Commission and representatives from the private sector.
“Anti-corruption agencies will also observe the process. The final recommendations will be submitted to the President for approval,” Walson-Jack stressed.
Tinubu Has Appointed 26 Perm Secs. So Far
Naija News observes that since assuming office, President Tinubu has appointed no fewer than 26 permanent secretaries.
In November 2023, eight were sworn in, followed by another eight in June 2024.
In December 2024, another eight were appointed, while two new secretaries were confirmed in March 2025.
According to Walson-Jack, the exercise underscores the administration’s resolve to strengthen professionalism, build institutional capacity and enhance service delivery in the civil service.
https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VbBaDRMC1FuHjAxq3B19/101
27/07/2025
Ogun begins sensitisation to avert
flooding.
The present administration in Ogun State has embarked on state-wide sensitisation toward mitigating
against flooding as recently predicted
by the Nigerian Meteorological
Agency to affect some States in
Nigeria, including Ogun State.
The Ogun State Emergency
Management Agency has begun a campaign across the state to avert flooding.
This move, according to a statement
on Sunday, is in response to
mitigating against flooding as
recently predicted by the Nigerian Meteorological Agency, which is to affect some States in Nigeria
Some of the places visited include
Kuto, Amolasho, Gbangba and other
locations in Abeokuta South Local
Government Area.
Speaking during the sensitisation, the
Acting Director, OGSEMA, Mr. Soji
Durojaye, urged residents to take
proactive measures against flooding as the rainy season had intensified,saying flood-prone communities in the state should be on alert.
Durojaye emphasised that the
government was committed to
safeguarding lives and property, but residents must also play their part by adhering strictly to safety guidelines.
He explained, "Indiscriminate
dumping of refuse in drainage
channels and illegal construction on waterways remain major causes of flooding. I am therefore appealing to community leaders and residents to help spread the message of
environmental responsibility.
"NIMET had predicted heavy rainfall for the year, which could lead to flash floods in some areas, so as residents,especially those living in flood-prone areas, are to be vigilant and to
consider relocating temporarily if the
need arises."
Durojaye also stressed the need for
clearing blocked drainage and
planting trees to reduce soil erosion.
He explained that flooding is not only caused by excessive rainfall but also by poor environmental practices,adding that "If every household
ensures proper waste disposal and
clears their surroundings, the impact
of flooding will be greatly reduced."
While assuring residents of the
government's readiness to respond swiftly to emergencies, the OGSEMA Director disclosed that emergency response teams had been placed on
alert across the 20 Local Government Areas of the State.
He encouraged residents to report
any early signs of flooding or erosion to the agency through its dedicated emergency hotline, 112
In their separate responses, a trader
at Kuto, Mrs. Adetutu Mustapha and a
resident of Amolasho, Mr. Samuel
Adegboyega, appreciated the
initiative and promised to adhere to
the warnings.
27/07/2025
W'Cup Qualifiers: South Africa hosts
Super Eagles September 9
South Africa's Bafana Bafana will play host to three-time African champions Nigeria in a 2026 FIFA World Cup
qualifying match at the Toyota
Stadium in Bloemfontein on
September 9, 2025.
A statement by Nigeria Football
Federation Head of Communications,
Ademola Olajire, on Sunday, noted
that the highly-anticipated game will commence at 4 p.m. GMT (which is 5 p.m. Nigeria time and 6 p.m. in South Africa).
Formerly known as the Vodacom Park
and later as Free State Stadium, the
Toyota Stadium in South Africa's
judicial capital, was opened in 1995
and has capacity for 46,000
spectators.
The potentially explosive Matchday 8
encounter is expected to have
enormous implications for which
team will eventually win the only
ticket from Africa's qualifying group C
to the 2026 FIFA World Cup finals.
This also comes three days after the
Super Eagles would have hosted
Rwanda's Amavubi on Sept. 6.
28/10/2024
Breaking news: Nigerian police officers shot and killed a local "ogene" musician by name Okezie Nwamba from Ogui Nike Enugu in Enugu's Enugu State.
He was given the opportunity to play ogene music at a funeral. After the internment they advised him to come to their office to perform for them before he can go.
According to the report, he was setting up his instruments when he was shot multiple times in the back.
They claimed that it was an accidental discharge, but it does not appear to be so.
Up to eight bulllets dot his body. They dumped him in a Hilux at UNTH Enugu and then fled. Okezie has two sons.