Kumon is the world's largest supplemental education system. We go beyond developing skill in the subject matter by encouraging independent learning.
Operating as usual
Dal balletto "La Bella Addormentata" Nureyev, Legris, Hilaire, Bolle, Ganio le variazioni a confronto #gdelladanza
Our Generation BlackHills- He Sapa Wicouncage Okolakiciye
LAKOTA CODE OF ETHICS
1. Rise with the sun to pray. Pray alone. Pray often. The Great Spirit will listen, if you only speak.
2. Be tolerant of those who are lost on their path. Ignorance, conceit, anger, jealousy - and greed stem from a lost soul. Pray that they will find guidance.
3. Search for yourself, by yourself. Do not allow others to make your path for you. It is your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
4. Treat the guests in your home with much consideration. Serve them the best food, give them the best bed and treat them with respect and honor.
5. Do not take what is not yours whether from a person, a community, the wilderness or from a culture. It was not earned nor given. It is not yours.
6. Respect all things that are placed upon this earth - whether it be people or plant.
7. Honor other people's thoughts, wishes and words. Never interrupt another or mock or rudely mimic them. Allow each person the right to personal expression.
8. Never speak of others in a bad way. The negative energy that you put out into the universe will multiply when it returns to you.
9. All persons make mistakes. And all mistakes can be forgiven.
10. Bad thoughts cause illness of the mind, body and spirit. Practice optimism.
11. Nature is not FOR us, it is a PART of us. They are part of your worldly family.
12. Children are the seeds of our future. Plant love in their hearts and water them with wisdom and life's lessons. When they are grown, give them space to grow.
13. Avoid hurting the hearts of others. The poison of your pain will return to you.
14. Be truthful at all times. Honesty is the test of ones will within this universe.
15. Keep yourself balanced. Your Mental self, Spiritual self, Emotional self, and Physical self - all need to be strong, pure and healthy. Work out the body to strengthen the mind. Grow rich in spirit to cure emotional ails.
16. Make conscious decisions as to who you will be and how you will react. Be responsible for your own actions.
17. Respect the privacy and personal space of others. Do not touch the personal property of others - especially sacred and religious objects. This is forbidden.
18. Be true to yourself first. You cannot nurture and help others if you cannot nurture and help yourself first.
19. Respect others religious beliefs. Do not force your belief on others.
20. Share your good fortune with others.
soundcloud.com A recording from central New York State (North America)of thousands of night migrating birds on the night of September 11-12, 2020. The most common calls are from 12+ species of wood warblers, Rose-br
[06/02/20] We are celebrating our reopening on June 16, 2020 after closing due to Covid 19. We never really closed--my hard-working students kept moving forward using our proprietary worksheets. Several had one-on-one Zoom classes with me which I thoroughly enjoyed! I am looking forward to seeing all my students soon!
[06/02/20] We are celebrating our reopening on June 16, 2020! Thanks to all families who held steady through Covid 19! The independent learning aspect of Kumon allowed my beloved students to keep moving forward without gaps in their studies. I am so very proud of each of you!
[01/10/19] The new year started off great with my hard-working students! One comment I heard on our first day this year is..."Do you have a question? I can help! I'm really smart!" I love that confidence!
[12/30/17] I am sure all my students and family members have enjoyed the holiday break. Kumon is opening a bit earlier than the schools in 2018: Classes begin January 2, 2018. I am eager to see my students and begin a routine! Happy New Year!
Happy Thanksgiving to all who read this! Since we follow school closings, we are closed for the Week of 11/16/17 through 11/27/17. But we have sent home the daily practice that makes Kumon SO EFFECTIVE--not unlike piano/basketball practice! I wish everyone a most BLESSED THANKSGIVING--spending it with my family away in Washington DC--come back rested everyone and ready to learn NEW CONCEPTS AHEAD OF YOUR GRADE LEVEL!
Miss my students already. Be well and do good work.
[08/30/17] I live in Spring and I-45 has just opened due to flooding. But since the Cypress Creek Reservoir is opening water to drain, I am closing the center tomorow, 8/31/17. See you September 5th! Hope everyone who sees this is warm, safe, and dry!
Hurricane Harvey is on its way. Due to possible flooding, we may not have class next Tuesday, August 29th. Keep in mind that while your street may not be flooding, my assistants may not be so lucky. Check here before showing up for class or phone Miss Vickie at 713-256-3584.
Praying that all my Kumon families are safe this weekend. "Turn around, don't drown!"
We will be closed on Tuesday, July 4th 2017 to celebrate Independence Day! Happy birthday USA!
Additionally I will not be in the classroom Thursday, July 6th, but the classroom will be open.
Spring! Have you noticed that Spring seems to be a bit earlier this year? Anyway, Kumon Alden Bridge will close doors for their annual Spring Break March 10-20, 2017. The daily worksheets will be sent home during that time and double Kumon dollars will be given for completed homework!
The daily discipline makes such a difference in skill! We have many success stories to back this up.
Many joys of the Spring season to all who reads this!
[11/16/16] No classes next week as we celebrate Thanksgiving. Work will be sent home for all students to complete during the holiday. Stay calm and complete Kumon worksheets!
Kumon is a unique method of learning math and reading by doing. Of course our non-readers will need a more hands-on approach, but for the most part, mastery is achieved by practicing the subject matter. (Think piano practice, shooting baskets, or drawing.) Kumon students practice their skills daily to learn valuable study habits and to increase speed and accuracy in math, and comprehension in reading.
Every student's work is individually lesson planned. Over 70% of students in Alden Bridge are working ahead of their grade level in the Kumon classroom! I am so very proud of them and so thankful to their parents for supporting this program.
Greetings students! Please come to our Awards Event with a Star Wars theme. Costumes and props are encouraged! It will be in the classroom on October 8. 2016 from 10:00 a.m. until noon. Come and go. Have your photo made, pick up your award (either a ribbon or trophy), and enjoy the rest of your Saturday! About a fifteen minute stay.
Check back here a week before the date. A special surprise announcement may be in the works!
We have updated English worksheets. I'm quite pleased with them!
events.r20.constantcontact.com I am pleased to announce the Houston September Instructor Monthly Meeting Information. The Houston Branch Office will be hosting the meeting at the West University Kumon Center on Wednesday, September 14th. This meeting we will be focusing on the, 'Revised Reading Levels GHI'.
[07/11/16] Hello. I will be at the Kumon North America Conference from 7/13/16-7/18/16 and unable to receive text messages on my phone because I will be out of the country. Consequently, all students will receive a week's worth of work Tuesday 7/13/16. That said, classes will meet 7/15/16 as scheduled. Any assistant is capable of asnswering any question or need that you may have. If not, please email me at www.ikumon.com and I will respond in the evening hours.
Kumon of The Woodlands, Alden Bridge's cover photo
[04/19/16] We will have class today, 4/19/16. Don't drive in the water though! You can text me if you want me to put your work outdoors. Be safe everyone!
Kumon Instructor Anniversary!
I am celebrating nineteen years as serving The Woodlands as a Kumon instructor! I am proud of each of my students over these nearly two decades and their tremendous accomplishments: doctors, math teachers, materials scientist, computer animator, and engineers. (Not a complete list, just who I have heard from over the years.)
Wishing all my former and current students well this month!
Kumon of The Woodlands, Alden Bridge
Kumon of The Woodlands, Alden Bridge
|Monday||09:00 - 18:30|
|Tuesday||09:00 - 18:30|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 18:30|
|Thursday||09:00 - 18:30|
|Friday||09:00 - 18:30|