You were made for this. WyldLife is a world class organization for adolescents. Our staff and volunteers enter the world of kids, focusing on what matters to them -- fun, adventure, friendship, and a sense of significance.
In doing so, we earn the privilege of talking to them bout something that we believe matters most of all -- the truth about God and His love for them.
Mission: WyldLife in Shreveport is about two things and our hope is to connect the two. We are about introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith. Period. Thanks for being a FAN!
Help us support our teachers this school year! We are having a hand sanitizer drive!
See information below. Link to order on amazon click here: https://a.co/81Pe84C
👍THANK YOU FROM YL‼️
Barrington (BJ) Gibson serves on our staff mainly overseeing the ministry at Booker T. Washington High School. He speaks for all of us at Young Life as we say THANK YOU for giving, supporting, praying, and much more for this ministry. We cannot do what we do without the support of our community. We truly are thankful and blessed by y’all! You are WHY we YL! There is still FOUR hours left to support the work of YL! Link in our comments section to give! #WhyIYL #GiveForGood
Young Life Shreveport
6/7 – 👏COMMITTEE ✅
We could not do what we do for students in Shreveport if it wasn’t for our incredible committee. Our committee of about 20 folks serve in lots of different roles from supporting our leaders and staff to ensuring the long-term success of this ministry. We truly enjoy the incredible people we have on our committee. Here are some of our committee members and WHY they serve YL in this way! ICYMI – see post 1/7 of the day for more information on Give For Good and Young Life! Link in our comments section to give. #WhyIYL #GiveForGood
● WHY WE YL - “We love the community that YL builds for kids and also us! And the big cookie..IYKYK!” - Robyn and Beau Stewart
● WHY WE YL - “Our family joined the YL Family because we wanted to help bring youth to Christ. One day our child will be a leader in YL!!!” - Toya and Sebastian Edwards (& future YL leader Lil Sebastian!!)
We love to see how the impact of Young Life changes lives for years to come. Sarah Davidson, C.E. Byrd ‘16, LSU ’20, shares her story of WHY she loves YL and how it has been part of her high school and college life! ICYMI – see our first post of the day for more information on Give For Good! Link in our bio to give! @sdavie #WhyIYL #GiveForGood
We love our students!
4/7 –👏STUDENTS👏Swipe to see all the reasons WHY our students love Young Life and how it has impacted their life! These are only a few of the 1,000 students in Shreveport known by name in this ministry. ICYMI – see our first post of the day for more information on Give For Good! Link in our comments below to give. #WhyIYL #GiveForGood.
● “I YL because everyone accepted me for who I was before Christ. I was broken and lost, I went to clubs and campaigners, and then camp. YL changed my life” – Lily, Captain Shreve Junior
● “Why I YL is for the joy in the atmosphere when I get around the leaders and the other students. It helps me feel safe and at peace.” – Deandre, Booker T. Washington Freshman
● “I love YL because it gives people the opportunity to create lasting friendships that are centered around our creator. YL is accepting and loving to all people, and I think that is so important for high school students!!” - Lillie, C.E. Byrd Senior
● “From YL I have learned so much such as how to love God, how to love myself, and how to love others. God loves all of us unconditionally and YL has helped me unconditionally love not only others but myself!” – Maci, Captain Shreve Freshman
● “Why I YL because it changed my life. I also YL because it’s fun and because these are my people.” – Jamiya, Booker T. Washington Junior
● “I YL for the real relationships and real conversations that are hard to find other places. I feel understood at YL!” - Emma, C.E. Byrd Junior
Check out this post for more information on the beginning of Capernaum, YL’s ministry to adolescents with special needs!!
3/7-🚨NEW MINISTRY: CAPERNAUM🚨
We are looking to begin Young Life for our adolescent friends in our community with special needs. Amber Waldron shares WHY she has a heart for Capernaum and the beginning of this ministry in Shreveport. Amber has been on Young Life staff 6 years and has extensive experience with Capernaum. We are looking to add her to our staff starting this fall! ICYMI – see our first post of the day for more information on Give For Good! Link in our comments section to give! #WhyIYL #GiveForGood
2/7 – VOLUNTEER LEADERS: Swipe to see all the reasons WHY our leaders do what they do! They are the real heroes of this ministry. They spend countless hours outside their schooling and/or jobs showing up in the lives of students in Shreveport! They are only a few of the over 50 volunteer leaders in Shreveport. ICYMI - see our first post of the day for more information on Give for Good! Link in our bio to give! #WhyIYL #GiveForGood
• WHY I YL - “YL has given me a new sense of adventure; a way to explore the world around me with amazing people.” - Kaylee Jones, C.E. Byrd Leader
• WHY I YL - “I got involved in YL as a high school kid. My leader was and STILL IS a spiritual mentor to me, 14+ years later. I want to be that for kids here in Shreveport.” - Katie Lowder, Captain Shreve Leader •WHY I YL - “ I love my YL leader who helped me to follow Jesus. I love that as a leader I can do the same with students.” - Laterence Stinson, Booker T. Washington Leader
• WHY WE YL - “Carlton and I met and married because of our connection with YL. We love that we can serve God and love others TOGETHER through this ministry!” – Lauren and Carlton Holland, C.E. Byrd Leaders
• WHY I YL – “My favorite memories in HS are from my time in YL! My friends and I still talk about the amazing camp food, the time we repelled down a mountain, and so much more. It is such a joy to share these same experiences as a leader with my middle school friends. “ Hannah Lee, WyldLife Leader
• WHY WE YL - “Dan and I YL because Jesus has called us to “stand in the gap” as advocates, leaders, and friends to students in our city.”- Katy and Dan Ainsworth, Caddo Magnet Leaders
1/7 - 💥TODAY💥 is Northwest Louisiana Community Foundation’s Give for Good. Be sure to check back every couple hours for glimpses into the ministry of Shreveport Young Life as our volunteer leaders, students, alum, committee, and staff share about “Why I YL.” First up is our Area Director, Nicole Mazur.
We hope that these stories will uplift you. If they lead you to give, we are very grateful. See comments below for a giving guide of suggested donation amounts. We know that the world has changed, but the needs of adolescents in Shreveport have not. Link in the comments of this post to give ✅ #WhyIYL #GiveForGood
From Local Missions of First United Methodist Church Shreveport -- Resources available during this Stay-At-Home order!
From Local Missions of First United Methodist Church Shreveport -- Resources available in our community during this Stay-At-Home order!
💥YOUNG LIFE UPDATE💥
As part of our on-going response to COVID-19 globally and Gov. Edwards actions last week, we won't be holding any Young Life events until after April 13. Once school in Louisiana resumes, so will Young Life club and campaigners. But, the most important work of Young Life goes on -- leaders coming alongside students (in accordance with CDC recommendations, common sense, and parents' wishes). Whether students have questions, need answers, or just need to laugh, your Young Life leaders are ready. #YoungLife
t.e2ma.net Dear friends, We have no doubt that your inboxes are filled with messages regarding COVID-19. Though we don’t want to add to your load, we do want to make sure to keep you informed on the steps Young Life is taking to ensure the safety and well being of our staff, volunteers, and the kids with who...
Go to Grub in Shreveport and mention Young Life today!
T O D A Y !! 🍕🍕🍕
We’re going to CWC!! Camp sign up night is this Sunday!! Details below.
If you love @younglife and @grubburgerbar, today is your lucky day 🙌🍔🍟
All day today, 8/21, Young Life is partnering with Grub Burger Bar on E. 70th St. for a Give Back day.
Mention YL when you order your food, and a percentage of the proceeds will go back to Young Life! #younglife #ylatthemag #ylatthecity #innercityshreveportyounglife #ylattheswamp #shreveportwyldlife
T O N I G H T !! 5:30-7PM !!
Want to check out the videos from camp!? Here's the link!
Today! Download the app and order something delicious to help send our high school and middle school friends to camp this summer!
[04/14/18] Unfortunately due to storms, we will have to postpone our rummage sale to next Saturday! See y’all next Saturday at 7am!
Congratulations to the G.O.A.T.S on winning the Golden Dodgeball Faceoff 2017 Extravaganza!! Thanks to all our friends who came tonight ! We had a blast!
Link for the North Louisiana WyldLife Overnight! www.tinyurl.com/WLOvernightt
Pool Party!! All the baby pools might be done for (RIP) but this semester of WyldLife is just beginning! We hope to see y'all next week for our first club of the semester!! #WhereTheWyldThingsAre #WyldWestClub
Kick off party this Saturday !!!
t.e2ma.net You're invited on Saturday to our Bring Your Own Pool Pool Party! WyldLife Kicks Off This Week!! Our mission is to introduce adolescents to Jesus Christ and help them grow in their faith! We are lead by well-trained leaders who are all in for Jesus and all in for showing up in the lives of middle sc...
Check out what we have planned for this semester !
Shreveport WyldLife's cover photo
Tomorrow is the day!!!!
Happy Earth Day!! You're invited to Outta Dis World club tonight! 6:36-8:01PM @ the new YMCA (3455 Knight St)!!!!!
All photos taken by La Bella Imagery.
All photos taken by La Bella Imagery.
Shreveport WyldLife's cover photo
Plenty of "where the wYLd things are" Tshirts left!!!!
$20 gets you a $wag tshirt and helps our friends have the best week of their life at summer camp this summer!! Shipping included if you don't live in the 318!
Comment below or swing by the YL House to get yours today! We have all sizes S-XL! #BestWeekOfYourLife #WhereTheWyldThingsAre
See y'all tomorrow at Air U! $12 to get in, $2 for grip socks if you don't already have them! Rumor has it there will be solid snacks... #PIZZA
20 spots left for WyldLife camp! Get your deposit in today!
t.e2ma.net You're invited to club THIS SATURDAY!! 20 spots left for Camp!! Bring your $100 deposit to Chick Fil A on Dec 8th anytime between 6-8PM and get free chicken! Everyone who turns in their deposit before our last club of the year, Dec. 10th, will get their named entered in a raffle to win $100 off thei...
We still have LOTS of tshirts! $20 per shirt! Cash or check to YL is accepted. We will have them at any WyldLife event until they're gone or swing by the YL House!
Tshirts are in! $20 a piece!
We will have them at our camp sign up night at Air-U on Friday 7-8:30PM and our Thanksgiving Club next weekend, Saturday Nov. 19, 6:36-8:01PM at the Broadmoor YMCA!
You're invited to the best week of your life!! We're headed to Clearwater Cove - A Young Life Camp May 30-June 3, 2017! All details in the email below or at www.tinyurl.com/WLCWC2017!
t.e2ma.net WyldLife is headed to Clearwater Cove! You're invited to the best week of your life! Shreveport WyldLife is going to Clearwater Cove! WHO: YOU and 300 other middle school students from all over the USA! WHEN: May 30-June 3, 2017 WHERE: Clearwater Cove – A Young Life camp on the incredible Tablerock…
LA Prep is an actor's LAB with qualified successful designers, coaches, industry professionals and directors who incorporate easy to learn original methods
Since closing down the site for all BTW alumni, I created a spot here on FB just for BTW c/o 91....so we can have a point of contact!
Southwood High School FCA Huddle
Kindermusik is the original and most trusted music and movement program for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and young children. Kindermusik is about kids and parents coming together and having a great time!
Training, Education, and Mediation for Students
Huntington High School of Shreveport, Louisiana. Graduating class of 1975 and all who attended Huntington from 74-80
Getting campers ready to return to academics in the new school year, while also having some fun with new experiences, indoors and out.
Marvelous Minds is a non-profit organization founded to help develop the minds of special needs children. We offer afterschool tutoring and mentoring.
Fairfield Elementary Magnet School Golden Girls Danceline Team Grades K-5
RYOT is no more, Either you're part of IMPACT(high school) or CRASH(middle school) now.
A consortium on the campus of LSU Shreveport that uses historical events to examine modern-day strategic challenges for various governmental agencies.
The DBMS Booster Club is a School Based organization for Parents, Teachers, Students, & the surrounding Community. Support DBMS and Join TODAY!!