Home of the Vikings
Operating as usual
[06/21/17] Report cards have been uploaded to ParentVue. Print or save as pdf. ParentVue closes 6/24.
Report cards will be available in ParentVue after 8:00 AM on June 21st through June 24th.
Please print a copy or save as a pdf for your records, as they will not be accessible after the end-of-year closeout.
Report cards will not be mailed home this year.
Last day for ParentVue access – June 24th.
[05/30/17] 2017-18 Course Profiles going home with Students today. Please review. Also viewable in ParentVue until 6/24. Changes to School Counselor by 6/16.
As is our tradition, the Veterans Club will be presenting our annual Memorial Day program this Friday, May 26th at 8:15 a.m. in front of Loudoun Valley High School (by George Schultz, Stephan Mace, and Michael Quin's trees).
Students, staff and community members are encouraged to attend.
LV Boosters have some exciting events along with great prizes planned for this year’s Golf Tournament. What a great way to support Valley’s student athletes. Put your foursome together today. Online Registration is easy!!
Please use this link for a quick easy way to register your team and hold your spot. June 22nd at Loudoun Golf and Country Club. We hope to see you there! http://conta.cc/2ofMPQ0
Want to support your Loudoun Valley Vikings and enjoy a fun day with fellow Viking fans, coaches and community business leaders? Register today for the LVVAA Annual Golf Tournament. Visit www.lvhsathletics.org for more information
AP EXAM WEEK 2
[01/06/17] LCPS 2-hour delay; Administrative Offices Open On Time Today, January 6th.
[10/17/16] The PSAT scheduled for Oct 19th has been rescheduled to Nov 2 due to a shipping discrepancy with testing materials. Oct 19th will be a regular school day for all students. All four classes will meet; the Powder Puff game will go on as planned near the end of the school day in coordination with our Homecoming Week.
2017 SUMMER RESIDENTIAL GOVERNOR'S SCHOOL
MONROE TECH SHADOWING DAY
ATTN JUNIORS! SIGN UP FOR JOB FOR THE DAY!
Sign up for Pathway to Baccalaureate program information session! Oct.13 or 14, 9:45 AM, Electronic Classroom.
[08/24/16] Schedule issues? Come to the Cafeteria TODAY, 9-11 or 1-3.
Counselors are out of the office on Monday, August 22 for training.
If you have an error in your schedule, please go to the cafeteria on Wednesday, August 24 from 9-11 a.m. or 1-3 p.m. to see your counselors about the error.
FROM THE SCHOOL COUNSELING OFFICE:
Reminders and updates as we look towards the opening of the school year:
• Early Release forms are due from Seniors on Wednesday, August 24.
• Dual Enrollment NVCC Intent forms are also due on Wednesday, August 24.
• Freshman Orientation is on Thursday, August 25, beginning at 2:00. This is for students only.
• Open House for all students and parents is also on Thursday, August 25 at 4:00. Students can pick up schedules in the cafeteria.
• StudentVue and ParentVue will go live on Monday, August 22.
• You will be able to access your schedule for the 2016-17 school year when you log in to your account.
• If you have an error on your schedule (for example, a missing class, or course you already took and passed), counselors will be in the cafeteria on Wednesday, August 24, from 9:00 – 11:00 and 1:00 – 3:00 to assist you with those errors.
• We are unable to change teachers, blocks and courses at this point.
• The deadline for schedule changes was June 22nd.
• Please be aware that as we continue to balance classes, your schedule may change between now and the first day of school.
• All students will receive an updated schedule in homeroom on August 29, which will reflect any changes.
• If you do not have a ParentVue or StudentVue account, you can stop by our Open House at Loudoun Valley on August 25 to pick up your schedule in the cafeteria any time from 4:00 – 5:45 pm.
• Students will also bring home information about activating ParentVue accounts on the first day of school.
Need a form for Class Helper / Office Assistant? Go to the School Counseling page.
Orientation and Open House
Thursday, August 25th
Summer Meal Program
The 2015- 2016 edition of Fates, Furies & Musings is now available! Lit mags are for sale during all lunch shifts in rooms 124 and 305 for $5.00. Thank you for supporting the arts!
Veterans Club Memorial Day Ceremony
Friday, May 27, 8:15 AM
AP / DE Information Night
Thursday, May 19th
2015-16 CAPPIES NOMINATIONS ARE HERE!
Loudoun Valley students garnered several CAPPIES nominations for their production of The Three Musketeers! Nominees are:
for Marketing and Publicity: The Marketeers
for Creativity for original score: Lily Peterson and Ben Testa
for Best Ensemble (the Three Musketeers and D'Artagnun: Darius Fraser, Jake Stapleton, Jackson Herwig, Steven Greend
for Best Supporting Actress in a Play: Abby McDonough
In the 4 years that Loudoun Valley has participated in CAPPIES, the students have earned 17 nominations and have won 7 CAPPIES awards overall, in a program that includes 60 schools from across the Maryland, DC, and Virginia region.
Also a big congratulations to the Loudoun Valley Critic Team, without whom none of this would be possible. This year we had 9 critics, and they saw the most shows and wrote the most reviews of any year on record for Loudoun Valley-a total of 54 shows! Our critics this year included:
Maddie Clark-Lead Critic; had a review selected for publication
Megan Horgan-had a review selected for publication
Claire Poirier-had a review selected for publication
Aubrey Winger-completed the most reviews-8!!
Way to go Vikings!
BELL SCHEDULE FOR REMAINDER OF SCHOOL YEAR
2016 Loudoun County Public Schools Mental Health and Wellness Community Meet & Greet
The Office of Student Services would like to invite you to
attend the first Mental Health and Wellness Community Meet & Greet on Thursday, May 12, 2016, 7:00 – 8:30, LCPS Administration Building
Choosing the right provider to meet your child’s needs is a difficult task. Please join us as some of Loudoun’s local providers will be available to answer any questions and provide resources that may be relevant to your child’s or family’s needs. Questions? Contact the Office of Student Services at 571-252-1017
We help students understand their material while tapping into their internal motivation to quickly improve and maintain higher grades, giving you peace of mind that you’ve done everything necessary to secure their long term success.
Teen Leadership Camps blend challenging classroom sessions with more traditional camp activities, all presented from a distinctly Christian worldview. Teen Leadership Camps are an important part of the ministry and work of Patrick Henry College.
The official Woodgrove High School Theatre page. Here you can find all of the information on future shows, department news, and volunteer opportunities!
All happenings and information about Woodgrove HS Varsity Field Hockey
This page is associated with the Woodgrove Weekly, and sponsored by the Woodgrove HS PTSO!