Training for Firearms, Self Defense, Security Guard, Hunter Safety, Concealed Firearm Permit Classes, Emergency First Responder, Reloading.
At Firearm Training Institute (FTI), our team strives to provide the highest level of cutting edge instruction in the most up to date and progressive firearms skills and tactics. The FTI instructor cadre is composed of a small team of instructors who all possess extensive backgrounds in civilian and military operations FTI is an industry leader in cutting edge and realistic training. All programs come under the direct supervision of the Chief Instructor, David G. Matthews. He proudly oversees a highly skilled cadre of world class instructors who are committed to forging the sharpest operators possible! We guarantee that you will encounter the highest level of professionalism in all of our courses and that the skills you learn will greatly enhance your operational effectiveness and firearms handling techniques.
Mission: To provide the knowledge, skills, and attitude for new or experienced shooters in a structured, safe, and comfortable setting.
Jim is a personal friend and a good man... If you are a voting member, I encourage you to vote for James Wallace for NRA Board of Directors !!!
ksl.com Most members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints already knew they were discouraged from taking their guns to church on Sunday, but it is making sure that message is crystal clear by tweaking the policy to prohibit all
Dammit, how many times do we have to say this?
1) Be armed all the time! This isn't a game played only on Tuesdays and Thursday. ALL THE TIME! The universe doesn't care whether today is the day you decided to leave the gun at home so you could wear your comfy shorts.
2) YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN! Police response time was excellent -- 6 minutes -- but 20 people still died. You will decide in that 6 minutes whether you and yours live or die. You...only you.
3) Have a damned plan...ANY plan! Where might the threat come from? Where are the exits? Where is cover? Concealment? Additional weapons? A quick plan when you step into a new place takes seconds, SECONDS!
4) Where is your spouse or your kids? Did they head out on their own? Where? Do they have a place to meet you? HAVE YOU TALKED TO THEM ABOUT THE UNTHINKABLE?
5) Carry medical gear! Don't get all wound around the axle about which tourniquet to,choose -- HAVE ONE! And have the knowledge to SAVE LIVES!
6) If it sounds like a gun, IT'S A GUN! It's not fireworks; it's not a car backfiring; it's not someone dropping a big tin box -- it is gunfire! Act accordingly! Every single second you hesitate brings you -- and your family -- closer to death.
7) "Be without fear in the face of your enemies." None of us who do this, who prepare people for the worst day of their lives, can guarantee those people will get home. I can't save you, although God knows I would if I could. Remember that when you put that gun on in the morning, you are swearing an oath. Honor it.
kcra.com A California affiliate of the National Rifle Association has asked a U.S. judge to block a new law requiring background checks for anyone buying ammunition.
nraila.org CRPA, with the support of NRA, challenged the ammunition background check law in court months ago with the filing of the Rhode v. Becerra case. The lead plaintiff in the case is Olympic gold medalist shooter Kim Rhode.
michellawyers.com ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENT: This communication or portions thereof may be considered "advertising" as defined by Section 6157(c) of the California Business and Professions Code or within the jurisdiction in which you are viewing this. Nothing in the discussion above is intended to be a representation or...
Good read.... Be ready folks!!
calwaterfowl.org New ammunition background checks begin in California on Monday, July 1, 2019. In this article, we will attempt to share information you need to avoid being turned away from an ammunition purchase even though you are not prohibited from possessing ammunition. Our friends at the California Rifle and P...
FINALLY........ Someone had the guts to stand up and be counted!!
zachnews.net Breaking News!!: Needles, CA: Needles City Council voted unanimously to declare the City of Needles a Second Amendment Sanctuary City. Members of the Needles City Council has voted unanimously to d…
FTI is a certified Instructor and Training Counselor for this new course, and we are available to schedule classes. Please give us a call if you are interested in completing the class, or becoming an instructor to teach this new class.
americanrifleman.org In response to feedback from the more than 115,000 NRA Certified Instructors, the NRA has launched its highly anticipated NRA CCW Course, fully incorporating it into its NRA Instructor, Training Counselor and student curriculums.
ammoland.com What will happen if the Supreme Court upholds the District Court's ruling in Duncan v. Becerra? Here's one guess.
concealednation.org Many of us don't keep magazines loaded for very long, since we're going to the range and shooting on a regular basis. Sometimes, though, we'll store fully loaded magazines in&hellip
guns.com The balance between safety and security when it comes to concealed carry is addressed by pro shooter Jerry Miculek, with demonstrations for effect.
Firearm Training Institute (FTI) will be holding NRA CCW Basic and Instructor level classes in Las Vegas, NV on June 15-16, 2019. If you are interested in joining us, please go to the NRAI Portal and sign up.
https://www.nrainstructors.org/CourseDetails.aspx… for the Basic class.
https://www.nrainstructors.org/CourseDetails.aspx… for the Instructor class.
In the next few weeks I will have a sign up page for this event. If you plan to attend, please let me know so I can bring enough books and materials.
Powerful testimony by a Sacramento County Deputy Sheriff who is concerned about AB 392 - a bill that creates a highly subjective standard for evaluating and holding officers criminally liable for using force based on hindsight.
Law enforcement groups are willing to come to the table and work on solutions. They are supporting SB 230 which will provide all California law enforcement agencies with de-escalation and crisis intervention training and resources.
ATTENTION ALL TEACHERS!!
On Saturday, July 20, 2019, we will be holding FREE training for all teachers in the Marysville/Yuba City/Foothills areas.
The training will consist of the USCCA Countering the Mass Shooter Threat class for 4 hours in the morning, and then the NRA Refuse to Be a Victim class for the next 4 hours.
These classes will be held at the Foothills Lions Club located at 5667 Fruitland Road, Marysville, CA 95901.
We will start about 8:30 am and finish about 5:30 pm.
These classes are non-shooting classes and are intended to train and educate teachers in defensive situations that may arise.
There is NO COST for the training, and all teachers are welcome to attend.
Please email me your name and email address and I will add you to the list of attendees. Even if you're not sure, I can still reserve a space for you. Space is limited, so please respond as quickly as possible.
usconcealedcarry.com A Duty to Retreat, in its most extreme form, states that a person who is under an imminent threat of personal harm must make a reasonable effort to avoid confrontation, either by de-escalation or an attempt to leave the area in which the threat is occurring. The use of deadly force should be the las...
businessinsider.com Tim Marshall, the author of "Worth Dying for: The Power and Politics of Flags" explains why American flags are reversed on military uniforms.
California friends, we got you!
"California Penal Code § 32310 is hereby declared to be unconstitutional in its entirety and shall be enjoined."
"This declaration concerns the current version of § 32310. But similar constitutional defects can be found in the prior iterations of the statute. The Court’s declaration does not affect the definition of a large-capacity magazine where it is used in other parts of California’s Penal Code to define gun-related crimes and to enhance penalties."
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Defendant Attorney General Xavier Becerra, and his officers, agents, servants, employees, and attorneys, and those persons in active concert or participation with him, and those duly sworn state peace officers and federal law enforcement officers who gain knowledge of this injunction order,or know of the existence of this injunction order, are enjoined from enforcing California Penal Code section 32310.
2. Defendant Becerra shall provide, by personal service or otherwise,actual notice of this order to all law enforcement personnel who are responsible for implementing or enforcing the enjoined statute. The government shall file a declaration establishing proof of such notice.
DATED: March 29, 2019
HON. ROGER T. BENITEZ United States District Judge
[03/26/19] Join us in volunteering for National Train a Teacher Day. For more information, go to www.nationaltrainateacherday.com
TSA hosted an informal “how to pack a firearm” for travel in a checked bag at the airport.
sheriff.co.yuba.ca.us insert DESCRIPTION here
Critics argue that the bill would relax laws in areas with tight gun control.
California is back to business as usual.
washingtonpost.com A California requirement that new models of semi-automatic handguns stamp identifying information on bullet casings when fired is a “real-world solution” to help solve gun crimes, a divided U.S. appeals court said Friday in a decision that upheld the novel law.
nracarryguardexpo.com The NRA Carry Guard Expo is a 3-day educational and interactive experience dedicated to Individuals interested in increasing their knowledge and skills within personal protection, concealed carry and defense tactics.
courthousenews.com During a marathon court hearing Thursday a federal judge challenged California on its high-capacity magazine ban as he considered whether he could stop the state from outlawing magazines that fire…
nraila.org Today, April 26, NRA and CRPA attorneys filed an important lawsuit challenging California’s restrictions regarding the sale or transfer of ammunition. These restrictions, enacted in 2016 as part of the “Gunmageddon” bills and Proposition 63, require all ammunition sales and transfers to be con...
Oh really? Then join the list of people I will no longer do business with......
nraila.org For years YETI Coolers have been a hot item for sportsmen at the Friends of NRA Foundation Banquet and Auction events around the country. Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why.
Some info about the new NRA CCW Course-
strategicoutfitters.com The NRA has been deluged for a very long time with requests from the public for an actual NRA CCW class (as opposed to the Basics of Pistol Shooting class
This was actually written by someone else but it is extremely factual with exact numbers and statistics. Thank you for the research Rob Sindeband
Please share and get these real facts out there thank you.
There are 30,000 gun related deaths per year by firearms, and this number is not disputed. U.S. population 324,059,091 as of Wednesday, June 22, 2016. Do the math: 0.0000925% of the population dies from gun related actions each year. Statistically speaking, this is insignificant! What is never told, however, is a breakdown of those 30,000 deaths, to put them in perspective as compared to other causes of death:
• 65% of those deaths are by suicide which would never be prevented by gun laws
• 15% are by law enforcement in the line of duty and justified
• 17% are through criminal activity, gang and drug related or mentally ill persons – gun violence
• 3% are accidental discharge deaths
So technically, "gun violence" is not 30,000 annually, but drops to 5,100. Still too many? Well, first, how are those deaths spanned across the nation?
• 480 homicides (9.4%) were in Chicago
• 344 homicides (6.7%) were in Baltimore
• 333 homicides (6.5%) were in Detroit
• 119 homicides (2.3%) were in Washington D.C. (a 54% increase over prior years)
So basically, 25% of all gun crime happens in just 4 cities. All 4 of those cities have strict gun laws, so it is not the lack of law that is the root cause.
This basically leaves 3,825 for the entire rest of the nation, or about 75 deaths per state. That is an average because some States have much higher rates than others. For example, California had 1,169 and Alabama had 1.
Now, who has the strictest gun laws by far? California, of course, but understand, so it is not guns causing this. It is a crime rate spawned by the number of criminal persons residing in those cities and states. So if all cities and states are not created equally, then there must be something other than the tool causing the gun deaths.
Are 5,100 deaths per year horrific? How about in comparison to other deaths? All death is sad and especially so when it is in the commission of a crime but that is the nature of crime. Robbery, death, rape, assault all is done by criminals and thinking that criminals will obey laws is ludicrous. That's why they are criminals.
But what about other deaths each year?
• 40,000+ die from a drug overdose–THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT!
• 36,000 people die per year from the flu, far exceeding the criminal gun deaths
• 34,000 people die per year in traffic fatalities(exceeding gun deaths even if you include suicide)
Now it gets good:
• 200,000+ people die each year (and growing) from preventable medical errors. You are safer in Chicago than when you are in a hospital!
• 710,000 people die per year from heart disease. It’s time to stop the double cheeseburgers! So what is the point? If Obama and the anti-gun movement focused their attention on heart disease, even a 10% decrease in cardiac deaths would save twice the number of lives annually of all gun-related deaths (including suicide, law enforcement, etc.). A 10% reduction in medical errors would be 66% of the total gun deaths or 4 times the number of criminal homicides......Simple, easily preventable 10% reductions!
So you have to ask yourself, in the grand scheme of things, why the focus on guns? It's pretty simple.:
Taking away guns gives control to governments.
The founders of this nation knew that regardless of the form of government, those in power may become corrupt and seek to rule as the British did by trying to disarm the populace of the colonies. It is not difficult to understand that a disarmed populace is a controlled populace.
Thus, the second amendment was proudly and boldly included in the U.S. Constitution. It must be preserved at all costs.
So the next time someone tries to tell you that gun control is about saving lives, look at these facts and remember these words from Noah Webster: "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the whole body of the people are armed and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be.
|Monday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tuesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thursday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Friday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Saturday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Sunday||09:00 - 17:00|
Certified Law Enforcement Training taught by Veteran Officers
We are building a working maidu fishing village. We invite all to come and participate with this new endeavor.