Piano lessons and music for preschoolers
Operating as usual
Need to boost your brain power? I love this article that confirms that learning music is a powerful way to enhance brain functioning.
The Musical Brain Sees Faster TDLC, "Temporal Dynamics of Learning Center", Neuroscience, Neuro, Education, Sensory, Memory, Perceptual Expertise, Social Interaction, Memory Systems, Autism, Fast ForWord, "Brains R Us"
I am looking for a few students who would be willing to try some lessons by Skype. July Lessons will be free. You can email me at [email protected] if you are interested.
• Keyboard Beginnings- Learn about the keyboard and a few easy songs. No previous music experience needed.
• Fun and Games with Music – Play some favorite games to polish up your music knowledge: “Don’t Eat Pete”, Music Jeopardy, Name that Tune, and more!
• Ensemble Magic – Learn to perform with other musicians to create a musical masterpiece.
• Duets: Just for Two - Learn to play a fun duet with a friend or a family member.
Workshop Fee: $20 per 60 minute workshop. Includes up to three individuals (parents welcome).
To schedule workshops, individual lessons or group lessons contact Heidi at:
heidismusicworkshop[email protected] or 208-871-8632
Developmental Molecular Biologist John Medina suggests that learning music can help children develop empathy.
In his book, Brain Rules for Baby, he wrote, "Researchers in the Chicago area showed that musically experienced kids--those who studied any instrument for at least 10 years, starting before age 7--responded with greased-lightning speed to subtle variation in emotion-laden cues, such as a baby's cry. "
(Medina, John. Brain Rules for Baby. Seattle: Pear Press, 2014. Print.)
INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP LESSONS
• Music for Toddlers- Lessons for two (2) to three (3) year olds, nurture music awareness, musical movement, singing, and enjoyment of music.
• Music for Pre-K- For Ages three (3) to five (5), lessons expand music awareness and encourages familiarity of basic music elements with musical movement and singing.
• Piano Prep- Lessons for five (5) and six (6) year olds teach preparatory skills for learning to play piano and read music through musical movement, songs, and games.
• Piano Lessons- Lessons for age six (6) and up that teach keyboard skills, music reading skills, music theory, ear training, and more. Lessons focus on helping students gain confidence as they gain proficiency in playing the piano.
Individual Lessons and Group Lesson fee: $10 per 30 minute session.
Ask about a group discount for siblings, preschools and playgroups!
I’ve been offering comprehensive and affordable private lessons in the Boise area since 2007. I offer lessons for guitar, bass, keyboard, ukulele, drums, and singing. Contact me today to learn how I can help you achieve your musical goals.
Professional Piano and Vocal Training. NFMC member. Private lessons. National Festivals, Competitions, Solo performances, Recitals and Musicals.
Building community through music education.
Inspiring creativity through music.
We supply quality violins, violas, cellos, bows and accessories at low prices. Also, as a full service violin business, we offer the whole range of repair,
"Play till you croak!"
SACA Entertainment is a one stop shop for the independent artist. We provide full service recording, music production, and music lessons.
Boise's first artist development company that provides industry quality sound and services to independent artists.
Are you interested in learning or improving on the piano or flute? I am a private flute and piano teacher in the south-east Boise area.