Piano lessons and music for preschoolers
Operating as usual
Need to boost your brain power? I love this article that confirms that learning music is a powerful way to enhance brain functioning.
tdlc.ucsd.edu TDLC, "Temporal Dynamics of Learning Center", Neuroscience, Neuro, Education, Sensory, Memory, Perceptual Expertise, Social Interaction, Memory Systems, Autism, Fast ForWord, "Brains R Us"
[07/06/16] I am looking for a few students who would be willing to try some lessons by Skype. July Lessons will be free. You can email me at [email protected] if you are interested.
• Keyboard Beginnings- Learn about the keyboard and a few easy songs. No previous music experience needed.
• Fun and Games with Music – Play some favorite games to polish up your music knowledge: “Don’t Eat Pete”, Music Jeopardy, Name that Tune, and more!
• Ensemble Magic – Learn to perform with other musicians to create a musical masterpiece.
• Duets: Just for Two - Learn to play a fun duet with a friend or a family member.
Workshop Fee: $20 per 60 minute workshop. Includes up to three individuals (parents welcome).
To schedule workshops, individual lessons or group lessons contact Heidi at:
[email protected] or 208-871-8632
Developmental Molecular Biologist John Medina suggests that learning music can help children develop empathy.
In his book, Brain Rules for Baby, he wrote, "Researchers in the Chicago area showed that musically experienced kids--those who studied any instrument for at least 10 years, starting before age 7--responded with greased-lightning speed to subtle variation in emotion-laden cues, such as a baby's cry. "
(Medina, John. Brain Rules for Baby. Seattle: Pear Press, 2014. Print.)
INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP LESSONS
• Music for Toddlers- Lessons for two (2) to three (3) year olds, nurture music awareness, musical movement, singing, and enjoyment of music.
• Music for Pre-K- For Ages three (3) to five (5), lessons expand music awareness and encourages familiarity of basic music elements with musical movement and singing.
• Piano Prep- Lessons for five (5) and six (6) year olds teach preparatory skills for learning to play piano and read music through musical movement, songs, and games.
• Piano Lessons- Lessons for age six (6) and up that teach keyboard skills, music reading skills, music theory, ear training, and more. Lessons focus on helping students gain confidence as they gain proficiency in playing the piano.
Individual Lessons and Group Lesson fee: $10 per 30 minute session.
Ask about a group discount for siblings, preschools and playgroups!
Heidi's Music Workshop
Heidi's Music Workshop
Lessons offered in the following areas: Vocal Coaching and Training Piano Audition Preparation/Repertoire Flute/Clarinet/Trumpet
Official Facebook of the Boise State University Department of Music
Saxophone and Composition lessons by Taylor Reese King!
The Music lessons Den is located in S. W. Boise. We offer Private lessons for Drums , & Student Rock Groups.
Nicholas Leigh offers private piano lessons, to just about all ages and abilities! Lessons are held at Idaho Music Academy in Boise.
"Play till you croak!"
Music Center Studios strives to educate, encourage and inspire students of all ages and levels. We offer lessons in piano, guitar, voice, band/orchestra and Kindermusik.
Learn to play music with your family and friends!
Teaching of piano, strings, guitar, trumpet, percussion, horn, flute, composition, and general music appreciation for all ages, from preschool-adult.
Are you interested in learning or improving on the piano or flute? I am a private flute and piano teacher in the south-east Boise area.
Building community through music education.
SACA Entertainment is a one stop shop for the independent artist. We provide full service recording, music production, and music lessons.