to Macon+Bibb County! #478 💕🌸🎉
The Festival was awarded 20 awards for the 2022 Cherry Blossom Festival’s programming, merchandise, social media campaigns and sponsorships. The International Festivals & Events Association (IFEA) paid tribute to the Cherry Blossom Festival on Monday, September 19, 2022 during the IFEA/Haas & Wilkerson Pinnacle Awards Ceremony held at the 65th Annual IFEA Convention, Expo & Retreat, presented by Haas & Wilkerson Insurance, in McAllen, Texas. The IFEA/Haas & Wilkerson Pinnacle Awards Competition is the premiere leader in recognizing and honoring Festival and Events around the world for innovation and producing quality events that positively impact the community.
The 2022 Cherry Blossom Festival was executed by President and CEO Stacy Moore and her team along with the Board of Directors, Board Chair Dr. Ivan Allen and Festival Chair Elizabeth Cleveland. The 2023 Festival will take place March 17-26, 2023. For programming and more information visit https://cherryblossom.com
Awards, including the Silver Grand Pinnacle, were won by Macon Georgia’s International Cherry Blossom Festival in the following categories:
Silver Grand Pinnacle Award Winner - This prestigious award signifies “Best Festival in the World” recognition in the Cherry Blossom Festival’s event budget category of $100,000 to $750,000. The Festival was previously awarded with a Grand Pinnacle in 2019 and has only won three times in the organization’s history. The Festival’s 2nd place recognition for “Best Festival in the World” comes after a cancellation in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic as well as no conferences being held in 2020 and 2021. The Grand Pinnacle, the highest award given by the IFEA, is in recognition of Festivals and Events who have a balance of all the elements necessary to ensure a successful event include recognizing superb community involvement; excellence in event planning and ex*****on; an outstanding overall marketing and sponsorship experience; and lasting community impact.
• Best Video Production – “Cherry Blossom Party Time” Original Song by Macon Pops, with lead vocals by Charles Davis and Matt Catingub; rap vocals by Jessica Wornum; background vocals by the Otis Redding Foundation DREAM Team; music and lyrics by Matt Catingub; and video editing by Larry Najera, Jr.
• Best Multimedia Component – “Cherry Blossom Party Time” Original Song by Macon Pops, with lead vocals by Charles Davis and Matt Catingub; rap vocals by Jessica Wornum; background vocals by the Otis Redding Foundation DREAM Team; music and lyrics by Matt Catingub; and video editing by Larry Najera, Jr.
• Best Organization Website – www.cherryblossom.com - The Miner Agency
• Best Overall Entertainment Program – The Carolyn Crayton Park (CCP) entertainment experience included performances by Headliners viral sensation Walker Hayes, Grammy-winning hip-hop group Arrested Development and county star Niko Moon. Additionally, CCP featured 10 full nights of concerts and 4 free shows with gate admission, “America’s Got Talent” Cannon Ball Man on the MidWay, and one of the safest ride midways in the state of Georgia.
• Best Event/Program Within an Event to Benefit a Cause – $2 Tuesday at Carolyn Crayton Park benefitting All About Animals Rescue.
• Best Event (Within an Existing Festival) – Blossoms at the Big House Harvest Dinner.
• Best Parade - The Cherry Blossom Parade presented by Geico and supported by 41NBC and Cumulus Macon.
• Best Facebook Site – TIE – https://www.facebook.com/cherryblossomfestivalmacon
• Best Digital/Social Ad Series – Digital Ad Series for Festival programming, created by The Miner Agency.
• Best Street Banner – Cherry Blossom banners displayed on the light posts in downtown Macon by Macon-Bibb County’s Parks and Beautification Director Michael Glisson and his team who help put them up every year.
• Best Sponsor Gift – A cherry blossom themed Gift Bag
• Best Overall Sponsorship Program – A true testament to the community’s support and commitment each year.
• Best Full-Length TV Program – Cherry Blossom Parade presented by Geico and supported by 41NBC and Cumulus Macon.
• Best Mobile Application – The Miner Agency
• Best Instagram Site – https://www.instagram.com/PinkestParty/
• Best Pin or Button – Pin designed by Natalie Bradley. The pin features cherry blossoms and Koi fish to honor Japan as the festival celebrated 40 years.
• Best Give-Away Item – Dog Bandana featured at the Weiner Dog Race featuring Paulk Landscaping, Apparel Authority and Cherry Blossom logos.
• Best Overall Merchandising Program – The Cherry Blossom Merchandising program features an impressive array of items which can be purchased year-round online, at Visit Macon, and the round building during the Festival’s Carolyn Crayton Park hours.
• Best Sponsor Partner – Cox Communications was recognized for their continued overall support and partnership with the Festival as well for supporting the Macon-Bibb County Veterans Day Parade in downtown Macon and Celebration at Historic Luther Williams Field, held on November 6th at 3:00 P.M. and 4:00 P.M. respectively. More information is forthcoming.
Sponsored by industry leader Haas & Wilkerson Insurance, the professional competition drew entries from some of the world’s top festivals and events. Winning entries came from organizations as diverse as the Lubbock Arts Alliance in Lubbock, TX; the OC Fair in Costa Mesa, CA; the Pasadena Tournament of Roses in Pasadena, CA; the Macon, Georgia’s International Cherry Blossom Festival in Macon, GA; and Folklorama in Winnipeg, MB, Canada; Destination NSW, Sydney, Australia; Festival Lent, Maribor, Slovenia; Hadong Wild Tea Cultural Festival in Hadong-gun, South Korea; and the Bangkok Music City in Pathumwan, Bangkok, Thailand.
Recognizing the outstanding accomplishments and top-quality creative, promotional, operational and community outreach programs and materials produced by Festivals and Events around the world, awards* were handed out in 73 different categories including: TV/Radio, Social and Multi Media; Print and Merchandise, in addition to Festival and Event programs such as Sponsorship; Education, Accessibility; Children’s; Emergency Preparedness and Entertainment.
“We would like to congratulate all of our Pinnacle winners for their outstanding entries into this year’s competition,” said IFEA President & CEO, Steven Wood Schmader, CFEE. “Especially facing the challenges of the pandemic years that we have all been through, while maintaining the highest degree of excellence in festival and event promotions and operations in every budget level and every corner of the globe, this competition continues to raise the standards and quality of the festivals and events industry to new levels, and also shows how event producers can use innovation and creativity to achieve the highest level of success under all circumstances.”
Bronze: Best Organization Website (https://scfestivalofflowers.org/)
Bronze: Best Event Program
Bronze: Best T-Shirt Design
In addition to connecting with and learning alongside our counterparts in other municipalities and individual events and festivals across the country and world, Special Events Program Coordinator Brandon was awarded bronze honors for the Best Multimedia Component during the IFEA Pinnacle Awards ceremony. These awards are carefully considered from entries around the globe, and it was an honor to hear our name called!
Congratulations, Brandon, and a huge thank you to the IFEA and McAllen, TX for the hospitality! We can’t wait to take all we have learned into continuing to provide the City of Pittsburgh with top notch events!
The Des Moines Arts Festival was honored with 12 awards for the 2021 Festival including a Silver in the Grand Pinnacle, the highest award given by theInternational Festivals & Events Associationn 🎉
Southern Exposures Youth Nature photo contest, McAllen Holiday Parade as well as two Grand Pinnacle awards for McAllen Public Library South Texas Book Festival and the McAllen Holiday Parade. And a big congratulations to all winners from around the world!
1) Best Emergency Preparedness & Risk Management
2) Best Parade-Weatherford Lights the Night Parade
3) Best Event Hat
4) Best page
5) Runner UP Best Event Poster
6) Runner UP Best Event T-shirt
Weatherford Chamber President, Tammy Gazzola & Event Co-ordinator, Gloria Martinez, City of Weatherford City Manager, James Hotopp & Police Chief/ Assistant City Manager Lance Arnold and Weatherford Mayor Paul Paschall attened the awards ceremony to show support of the Parker County Peach Festival and Weatherford Lights the Night Parade!
This was the first time for the Weatherford Chamber of Commerce to attend the IFEA Annual Conference and so honored to walk away with SIX prestigious awards!