As a small school, fundraisers can make all the difference. Show us some love and check out all the cool 😎 auction items.
An hour for recess, kids at play. Spanish lessons. This is the way school should be! We have limited spots left for most grades K-6. First grade is completely full but we have a waitlist. ￼
It’s Auction time! Support the school and scoop up some great deals for yourself! Which item caught your eye? ￼
Kids at play and kids IN class. We have a few spots left for 2021/2022.
Now accepting applications - now is a great opportunity to learn about our progressive educational program.
Our kids are back in the classroom, spending time outside and loving in person school! Your child can too! We are accepting applications for the 2021/2022 school year and have just a few spots left. Affordable, cooperative, active and hands on!
This is how excited we are to have our 3-6 graders back in class! It called for cake!
Our lower elementary school 🏫 has been back for a couple of weeks and we are thrilled to announce that our upper elementary will be returning to in person on Monday. We have a few spots available! ￼
Teacher-Aid Wanted for Progressive School, Alexandria,VA
The River Farm Cooperative (www.RiverFarmCooperative.com) in Alexandria, VA, seeks a full-time teacher aid for students in a small, mixed-age classroom. This is an incredible opportunity to work in an ideal setting: you’ll have a small class of motivated students and a dedicated parent community.
About the River Farm Cooperative:
Based in Alexandria, VA, the River Farm Cooperative is a secular, parent-run independent private school cooperative for ages 5–14. We encourage each child’s natural desire to learn by helping them develop self-motivation, self-knowledge, and respect for self, others, and the world. While academics are important, our program is unique in that we also emphasize socio-emotional growth, relationship-building, social justice, and curiosity and respect for the natural world. To facilitate this growth, we rely on weekly hikes, daily free time in nature (rain or shine), and 1-2 field trips per month to encourage students to connect with their bodies, their peers, and the world around them.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors and Teachers, the aid will help facilitate online instruction being taught from the Upper Elementary teacher. Assist students with arrival and departure.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 2 years of experience working with children.
- Background or interest in progressive education (knowledge of cooperative education, John Dewey methods, Francis Parker, or another progressive education pedagogy) .
- An understanding of and appreciation for intercultural differences; commitment to diversity and social justice.
- Interest in nature-based learning, gardening, hiking, yoga and walking field trips (rain, shine, or snow).
- Ability to facilitate students’ learning by discovery and hands-on activities
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
* Willing and able to hike outdoors in all kinds of weather
* Experience with a mixed-age classroom
* Love of, and knowledge about, the outdoors
* A passion for working in a cooperative educational environment
* High-energy, creative, flexible, nurturing, and collaborative spirit
Interested candidates, please send a resume to: [email protected]
6744 S Kings Hwy, Alexandria, VA |
Poinsettia’s For Sale Saturday 28th 11-4
Thanks to the Boy Scouts of America, Colonial District- National Capital Troop 4077 for helping us out today!
We know you have a busy weekend planned but stop by the school and support a wonderful cause and pick up some beautiful plants. We’re raising money for new equipment and put appreciate your support!￼
Thank you to The River Farm Cooperative School for my first book reading! Blown away by these amazing, open & creative young minds. The future of water is in good hands! Small hands, BIG heroes: Empowering the next generation of water protectors! !