This week in our new Saplings room we are looking at different types of vehicles. Today we looked at fiction and non fiction books about different types of vehicles and then set up the guttering to race our cars down!🚅🚆🚇🚂🚝🚚🚒🚓🚛🚜🚔🚕🚲🚗🚙🚑🚐🚋🛥🚢⛵🚣🚁🚀🚟
Little Rascals Day Nursery, Darlaston, Walsall.
Nearby schools & colleges
hall street east
Herberts Park Road
3 Rowden Street shotton, Wolverhampton
Woden Road North, Wednesbury
Bilston WV14 6NP
Holyhead Road, Wednesbury
Bilston WV14 8NE
28 Moseley road bilston, Wolverhampton
Bilston WV14 6JB
3A Upper Lichfield Street, Willenhall
9a Stringes Lane, Willenhall
Willenhall Community Centre, Gomer Street, Willenhall
1a Field St, Willenhall
57 Holyhead Road, Wednesbury
Are you looking for quality childcare? We provide care for children 6 months. We also offer funded places for 2 and 3 year olds
A nursery in the heart of Darlaston. Caring for children from 3 months to 11 years.
Operating as usual
Today all of the 5 butterflies 🦋have come out of their cocoon! The children have loved watching this journey and unfortunately on Friday we will let them go! Stay tuned to watch them fly away! 🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
Feeding the butterfly some sugar water 🦋💦
So guess what happened this morning! 🐛🦋
We have had a wonderful Spring term! We have had tiny caterpillars that have turned into longer, fatter caterpillars which then cocooned! We have planted our beans which sprouted. We also planted some seeds which we then planted into the front garden. 🐛🌸💮🌺🌷🌱🌱🌻 🦋We can't wait for our next adventure next term! See you next week!
The Little Rascals Bear has had such fun in London over the last few days…I wonder where his next adventure will be! 🧸⛴🚝💺🛤🌇🏢🇬🇧🌉
And we off again...🛳🧸
Guess where our Little Rascals Bear is!
Photos from Kids Eat in Color's post
Easter Egg Hunt in the Woodland Garden
We are delighted to be able to announce the return of our traditional Easter egg hunt this Saturday, 16th April in the Woodland Garden in the Arboretum.
This free event is open to everyone. Find the answers to a puzzle and win an egg for every child. Also, this year thanks to a donation of eggs from Asda’s community fund, try a lucky dip to win a bonus larger egg.
From 2 - 4 pm in the Woodland Garden which is on the path from the Grange car park half way towards the kiddies playground. Why not give it a try?
And the winner is...🎖👒🐰🐇🐣🥚🦖🦕
Who do you think is going to win our Easter Parade competition?🐣👒🎖
Our Willows & Maples have been very creative! 🍄🐥🐣👒
We are ready for our Easter bonnet parade...are you?👒🐣🐤🐥🥚👒👩🏽🌾🧑🌾
The Healthy Spaces Team and The Angling Trust are running free fishing taster sessions in the Arboretum in the Easter half term. Places are limited, please see poster for details on how to book.
We are having an Easter Bonnet competition 👒
If you'd like to take part all you need to do is create/decorate an Easter Bonnet at home and bring it to nursery on or before the 5th April.
The children will take part in parading their bonnets around the Garden and there will be a winner from each room 🐣🍫🐰
Our holiday playscheme is coming! Book now on 0121 4392830 or click the link!https://littlerascalschildcare.co.uk/enquiry-form-2/
We hope all the lovely mommies and nannies enjoyed our Willows & Maples afternoon tea today! 💕💐🫖
Get ready for 1st April
Get ready for 1st April Don't leave it too late!
Don't forget to join us tomorrow for Our Stay and Play session 💕
Tomorrow's session will be mothers day themed 💐☕️🫖
£3 entry, 930-11am with snacks and refreshments available! 🤗
Our mother's day afternoon teas are next week.
We can't wait to have all the lovely mommies, nannies aunts and carers into the setting to join us for an afternoon tea and crafts session. 🖌💕
If you havnt already booked on please speak to the girls at the door to find out which day your child's room is hosting their afternoon tea. 🍰🫖
Don't forget, tomorrow we are celebrating holi and comic relief with a festival themed day at nursery.
You can come to nursery wearing red or bright coured clothes with Crazy Hair 🤪 💇♂️
Our Stay and Play is on tomorrow 930am until 11am 🎨🌻
This week we will be planting sunflower seeds and getting creative with painting available 🖼🖌
£3 on entry, with snacks and drinks available ☕️🍊🥛
Love this ❤️
10 REASONS TO APPRECIATE AN EARLY YEARS DAYCARE TEACHER ❤️
1. They are not daycare workers, they are teachers. Their lesson plan every day includes: how to share, how to use 'Gentle hands” and “walking feet,” how to say please and thank you, how to walk behind someone without pushing, how to take turns, and how to have “listening ears.” They educate themselves with qualifications and degrees, they educate our youngest little people , they nurse the poorly , they comfort the grazed knee. They risk assess , they observe , they plan , they action , they record.
They are masters of food hygiene , allergies, manual handling , Health and safety , and are Paediatric First aid trained.
2. They are not just teachers. They are also janitors and nurses. They make boo-boos feel better and dry up tears. They spray, wipe, sanitize, sweep, mop, and take out the trash.
3. They are waitresses. They balance little trays and cups of milk. They pick up squashed peas off the floor. Scoop peaches when they ask for more. They feed , they teach children to self feed and to self serve.
4. They change 5 dirty diapers, within 10 minutes.
5. They get 12 little ducklings to follow in a row on their way to the playground. They headcount , oh how many times they headcount!
6. They tie tiny shoes. They help pull up tiny pants. Fold tiny blankeys. Wipe tiny noses , Multiply all of this by 12 or more on most days.
7. They are there before parents go to work and-or don’t go home until the last child is picked up , as the second hand ticks to closing time.
8. They lay out cots and sleep mats and blankeys and paci’s. They know who gets a pacifier, who gets a 6 oz bottle, who has to have all the lights out, who will wake up early, who came in late and will lay awake.
They sit between cots and mats patting restless toddlers to sleep. They spend the rest of nap time keeping the one early riser from waking the 11 others , or quietly trying to update display boards. They carry out 10 min sleep checks to ensure your little one is safe.
9. They go home and take care of their own families and homes, or their own children. They somehow find time to rest their tired feet, oh how tired their feet are!
10. They are patient and kind. They are trustworthy. They do their best with no promise of rest.
Their heart swells to see your child grow and learn and smile and play.
They laugh at the funny things children often say.
So say thank you to your daycare teacher.
They are so much more than a carer for your child ❤️
Friday the 18th March we will be raising money for Comic Relief 🔴
On the day we will be holding a bake sale and inviting children to come into nursery with crazy hair styles 🤪🤯
Children will also be participating in Festival themed activities throughout the day 🎪
We are asking for donations to be made on the day and cakes/cookies will be being sold at the end of the day from reception for 20p each 🎂🍰
Thankyou to everyone who joined us for stay and play this morning 🎨💦
Next week we will be planting sunflower seeds 🌻
Our Stay and Play is every Tuesday morning 9.30-11, £3 a week with snacks and refreshments available 🍊🍉🥛☕️
We are all ready for stay and play this morning. 🎨💦
As our world returns to some type of normal, we will be offering our holiday play scheme at our Darlaston Nursery
We think that school holidays should be packed full of activities that memories are built on! With fun, laughter and huge amounts of enjoyment for everyone.
Our holiday club runs most holidays apart from Christmas, between 8am-6pm five days per week, but closed on bank holidays.
Holiday club is based at our Darlaston branch, and all children are provided with all meals and refreshments.
Our club provides care for children aged 4-11 years old in a safe happy and healthy environment. As you would expect play, relaxation and stimulating activities are offered to the children under the constant care of our dedicated team.
Each holiday club will have a holiday club programme draft; this will include details of themed weeks, days, activities and also trips. This however can be subject to change following the children’s interests, which are important to us.
Activities that will be available:
• Cookery/ Baking
• Arts & Crafts
• Messy Play
• Quiet area for reading and puzzles
• Outdoor fun including a mud kitchen
• Walks down to local library
• Trips into the wider community e.g. bowling and RAF Cosford
• and much much more………..:)
Everyone looked fantastic today in all their amazing costumes 👏
Here's some of the staff dressed to impress, can you guess what books their from?? 📚
Maples and willows have enjoyed exploring Goldilocks and the three bears 🐻 and Elmer 🐘
Happy world book day! 📚
📚 Last minute World Book Day costumes for tomorrow! 📚
Photos from Lockwood Vets's post
Videos (show all)
Contact the school
|Monday||7:30am - 6:30pm|
|Tuesday||7:30am - 6:30pm|
|Wednesday||7:30am - 6:30pm|
|Thursday||7:30am - 6:30pm|
|Friday||7:30am - 6:30pm|
Hall Street East
Darlaston, WS10 8PL
Childcare Provider in Rough Hay, Darlaston.